There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

United States Haymaker Offline
Banned

(03-16-2017, 03:15 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote: That article posted by Pckts has some discrepancies, especially when Rob says that the Mapogos were no match for the selati males. Before T was caught alone, the Mapogos beat all 4 selati males a few times. Even after they caught PB alone, when T and Mak came to the rescue, it was the selati males that ran away, NOT THE MAPOGOS. 

So when he said that the old legends were no match for the younger males was wrong. And it is funny how he leaves out the part about the poaching of Dreads and just saying that he went into the easterly direction and never came back.

He talks about the fights between the Kruger males and Mak/Pb but leaves out the part that one of these fights eventually led to the death of Limper (By Mak).

This article is good and all but contains a lot of bullshit, especially when he said the manginjis defeated the Mapogos. They never fought the Mapogos, they just fought the 2 mlowathis and even then, they (manginjis) suffered a casualty, even after outnumbering the Mlowathis 5 to 2.

In fact, the Mapogos have never lost a battle as a coalition of 6, AND NEVER WILL!

I know he is paying respect to T but I WILL NOT STAND FOR SOME OF HIS MADE UP CRAP!

I'm not up to snuff on all these lion groups, but I thought I heard somewhere that the Mapogo lions had killed some hundreds of lions during their reign, which is pretty insane to say the least. I guess that would give them a lot of fighting experience, so perhaps they'd have that over the Sealeta males.
1 user Likes Haymaker's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

very good points @HouseOfLions  

it is obvious that some people ignore deliberately some facts
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

today is march 16th the day when Mr T fought 4 lions alone and killed heroically
3 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

f the eyes are the windows to the soul, then what do Mr. T eyes reveal?
Pride...Dominance...Fearlessness...Determination...Sheer Raw Power.

Writing credits: Tee Mapogo 
Photo credits: Arathusa Safari Lodge

*This image is copyright of its original author

Big Cats Enthusiast

Tribute to Mr T on March 16th by Mr t Satan Mapogo Group.

2 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

The herd watching Mak and T's every move.

Pc unknown

1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@HouseOfLions i didnt read it carefully. i am deleting it bro
2 users Like fursan syed's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline
Thumbs Up 

(03-16-2017, 09:02 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @HouseOfLions i didnt read it carefully. i am deleting it bro

No problem.
2 users Like HouseOfLions's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

A beautiful video made by daigua fan of Mr.T how lovely and heartfelt this video is.

Big Cats Enthusiast

As we close on the anniversary of the most controversial and ruthless lion to ever walk Africa we must first try to understand why so many of us love Mr. T a lion who would leave no stone unturned and would fight tooth and nail and wage war to conquer land, prides at all cost no matter how steep that cost may be.
The anti-hero is the protagonist who does not have the traditional qualities of the admirable leading man or woman. He or she lacks kindness and nobility, but most notably, moral goodness. It’s a character wrought with flaws and demons, disregarding the normal societal processes for his or her own agenda. It’s become a compelling phenomenon based on the concept that we are rooting for someone who is violating everything we’ve ever known as right.
They’re Flawed Like We
One of the main things that attracts us so much to the anti-hero is the relatability. Since there is no such thing as a perfect person, why would we want to watch one on screen? Empathy is one of the strongest emotions we have and being able to understand a character, even when he is murdering innocents and betraying loved ones, has a very profound effect.
They're Complex
Life isn’t simple and neither are we. We are all racked with insecurities, demons and regrets. We like to watch people with emotions and hardships like ours. We expect the characters that we’ve invested so much time in to have the same complex emotions as ourselves. A housewife who is always chipper and happy isn’t realistic; we can’t relate to her
They're Strong!
Like the hero, the anti-hero is also strong, even if he doesn’t have the same moral grounding. He is determined, not letting anything get in his way, which usually is what leads him to take the immoral path. We respect the anti-hero because he demands respect. He is a force to be reckoned with
R.I.P King T gone but never forgotten

written by Gabriel Contreras

Big Cats Enthusiast

Here we are, just over a year on from the death of a lion legend who, during his reign as king, was referred to as the biggest, baddest beast since the maneless, man-eating lions of Tsavo at the end of the 1800s. Over a hundred years of lion legacy has passed between then and now, yet in all the time of lion kings having lived, reigned, killed and been killed; none have been as noteworthy as the Mapogo Lions. A coalition of very distinctive, dark-maned brutes made an unforgettable impression on both the wildlife and the wild-watchers in the Sabi Sand Reserve in South Africa. After lethal fights for dominance and exultant triumphs that left pride leaders bloodied and broken, an alliance of characterful males stood tall as the dreaded Mapogo in the Sabi Sand’s western block.
In March 2012, an emblazoned battle broke out with the Southern Pride males and the aged legends took on these young, determined fighters. Mr T, as was one of his esteemed nicknames, fought his final battle and died in a violent fashion that had he, himself, had enforced on any foolish opponents in the past. Mr T had emerged as the leader of the Mapogo coalition, as he and his comrades, Makulu and Pretty Boy, tore through territories, annihilating any challengers in their path. Mr T gained a reputation for the merciless killing of cubs and females as he staked his claim in a new pride – a natural instinct and essential to the dynamics of lion existence. We should be reminded that “evil” and “cruel” are descriptions assigned by humans and are not accurate descriptions of the nature of a lion such as Mr T, who was respected by subordinates, admired by young’uns and desired by females within his kingdom. He and his Mapogo allies represented the perfect specimens of power and pride, while their physical strength carried them through an extended period of leadership – into old age and ultimately into death, in the case of the renowned Mr T.

Credits: SunSafaris/ Chloe Cooper/April 26th 2013
Writing credits on photo goes to Greg Posthumus(the man who buried Mr. T).

4 users Like fursan syed's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-16-2017, 09:37 PM by Pckts )

(03-16-2017, 09:08 PM)fursan syed Wrote: A beautiful video made by daigua fan of Mr.T how lovely and heartfelt this video is.

This is a very opinionated video.
The fact is, he cannot run away. He is surrounded by 4 males
Next is, where exactly do you see MAk and PT "run away" and him "choosing to stay"
Some males choose to fight whether the odds are in their favor or not and others choose to abandon ship. It has nothing to do with being "heroic" or making them "legendary" it's just the nature of the beast. But saying a male who is surrounded by 4 other males has the option to run, isn't likely. Also, we don't know the events leading up to that, a chase could of occurred prior or he felt his best option was to bury his hindquarters and try and deter attackers.
3 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mr T The one and only Satan of Sabi Sands

art work by me Fursan Syed

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-16-2017, 10:38 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 09:36 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 09:08 PM)fursan syed Wrote: A beautiful video made by daigua fan of Mr.T how lovely and heartfelt this video is.

This is a very opinionated video.
The fact is, he cannot run away. He is surrounded by 4 males
Next is, where exactly do you see MAk and PT "run away" and him "choosing to stay"
Some males choose to fight whether the odds are in their favor or not and others choose to abandon ship. It has nothing to do with being "heroic" or making them "legendary" it's just the nature of the beast. But saying a male who is surrounded by 4 other males has the option to run, isn't likely. Also, we don't know the events leading up to that, a chase could of occurred prior or he felt his best option was to bury his hindquarters and try and deter attackers.
More and more bullshit. Have you even watched the original video or are just basing your ignorant opinion on this video alone? Have you seen how the fight actually started and how the 3 selati were sitting around waiting for the 4th selati to start their initial attack? Have you ACTUALLY SEEN that before the fight started, neither T nor the 3 selati males moved? Did you see that T actually had time to run away from the males but choose to stay and fight? 

In fact the ranger who took the famous video even says "he will not go without a fight!"

And selati males did not move an inch until all 4 were there and only then did they attack him.

He could have run away, like most lions in the sabi are doing know, running back and forth from one another but he DECIDED to stay, CONSTANTLY GROWLING AT THEM and then, taking them on 1 vs 4.

If that is not heroic and brave than every lion currently in the sabi is a coward! Jesus Christ, your comment reeks of ignorance!

Stop your bullshit and stop basing your garbage opinion on one-sided information.
First off, watch your mouth. Learn how to have a discussion in a proper manor or I'm sure you'll be removed promptly.
And of course, I've watched the original doc like everyone else here, I've seen this thread from the beginning and a been a part of these discussions from time to time and am well aware of your views towards these lions.

2nd, lets see the video of how it started... from the very beginning so I can make a proper assessment.
If he's pushing the fight with 4 males, charging in to brawl, then it should be no issue, I'll promptly say he chose to fight outnumbered. If he's surrounded and "growling" then where exactly is the your opinion on him choosing to fight while being outnumbered coming from?

Lastly, I'd refrain from calling people ignorant when you're using anthropomorphism.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Pckts 
Take a look
MR T wasnot caught he stood his ground against 4 selatis.

The End Of An Era - Friday, March 16, 2012
Posted by Idube Game Reserve

Today saw the end of the reign of the Mapogo coalition as the dominant lions in our area. The four males of the Southern or Selati coalition have reduced the once mighty coalition to a partnership of two old men. This morning a fierce battle took place between the two coalitions, the four young males emerging victorious, fatally wounding the Mapogo Male known variously as Mohawk, Mr.T or SaTan. The two remaining Mapogo fled east all but giving up their territory to the new males. It seems that Mr.T stood his ground as the four younger males approached, giving the two older males a chance to escape, whether this was the intention is debatable but many would like to see it that way, a noble end to perhaps the most notorious anti-hero of the coalition.