There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

@Georgel are you sure that your point is proved. that is actually my point i said it repeatedly that both mlowathis dominated each other at times. mala mala admins answered me T dominated most of times. so stop your non sense childish disrespectful behavior. 

i never say T is the greatest in the mapogos . i said T was behind the most of notoriety because of his extra aggressive behavior towards cubs lionesses and other lions . also like that mating with the dead body of a lioness. and he was the dominant one after dreadlocks death because mak and pb gets too old at that time. this is not the disrespect of Mak and pb but this is a truth.

only pics available about mapogos cannibalizing behavior is of Mr T. although other mapogos also take part in cannibalizing other lions but T is the most famous of it. 

like these two pics of Mr T cannibalizing other lions 

*This image is copyright of its original author

another one

you can see this in video Mr t killing and eating cubs

2 users Like fursan syed's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 03:31 PM by Georgel )

(12-19-2016, 03:06 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Georgel are you sure that your point is proved. that is actually my point i said it repeatedly that both mlowathis dominated each other at times.

My point of view is stated clearly in post #604. Where is yours?

Anyway, I'm glad that you finally entered the reason and accepted that Mr. T wasn't dominant over KT, as it seems was on the agenda you got from others.
1 user Likes Georgel's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Georgel read again i said both dominates over each other. but like i said mala mala admins and some old mapogo experts told me T was more . i am not good in english but it seems like you also have understanding problem. that was my point on both lk and wildfact .go and see in lk joye defers post. seems like you just wants to refutes me. 

ok now can me move on from this. i have many good posts which are much likely will be ignored by readers because of debating same thing again and again. if u wants to debate more on this just unblocked me on fb.
1 user Likes fursan syed's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

This juvenile bickering needs to stop right now. Just post the information as you find it. Each reader can draw his or her own conclusions.
4 users Like brotherbear's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 05:02 PM by fursan syed )

By the Mala Mala archives:

October 2009
2 Mlowathi Males (aged 7 years 11 months): (23 sightings)

The most sighting ever of these two males, they are in complete control of the northern third of Mala Mala. The males started off with a bang when we found them with a big buffalo bull carcass at the beginning of the month. The males introduced us to the new cubs of the Marthly pride when one morning that pride was found at the buffalo kill. This month was also a month for mating as both males were seen mating with the two Styx females,

"first as always was the male with the Mohawk mane but his brother also got in on the action".

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:14 PM by Ngala )

We repeat that this is a wildlife forum. The first rule is the respect for other members. Stop a futile debates, please.

Thank you.
5 users Like Ngala's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Pretty Boy Mapogo

by Mc Call-Peat

3 users Like fursan syed's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(12-19-2016, 01:02 PM)fursan syed Wrote: He Responded 

''No some of the biggest fights i have seen over mating rights here in the Sabi Sands are between the Mr T and Kinky Tail of the coalition called Mapogos. I Have seen them absolutely beat the living hell out of each other when it comes to mating rights much more serious than tinyo and mfumo''

It's no surprise. I wish they had captured more of these fights.

What was interesting is that he also said that "people said there was a special bond. I personally disagree"

That bit I thought it was worthy of remark.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:58 PM by Georgel )

Greetings from the very cold African bush.

Despite the unpleasant weather (and having to dress like an Eskimo), safaris in winter time are really and truly a spectacular experience. Game viewing in general has been incredible over the past couple of weeks, but there was one lion sighting in particular that really stood out.

What started out as a really quiet morning, eventually turned into be one of the best drives I’ve ever experienced. We’d heard over the radio that five young male lions were passing through an area in the vicinity of the Kruger National Park boundary, and quite close to another lodge. We were on our way to see if we could spot them when a second update came in, this time saying that the area’s two dominant males (the Mapogos) had been seen in the same area as the young males. We immediately sped up in order to get to where we believed these seven lions could possibly meet up.

One of the five males had somehow been separated from his group, and was lying low to avoid being discovered by the two dominant brothers. When we eventually saw the Mapogos pair, they’d picked up on the youngster’s scent. When they finally spotted him all hell broke loose, and with no escape route in sight things didn’t look good for him. The pair gave chase and tackled him in mid air, but it was only once they tumbled to the ground that things really started looking bad for the young lion. Separated from his pride, he didn’t stand a chance against the older, stronger Mapogo males. After a lot of vicious pawing and biting one of the brothers went for the jugular, while the other attacked his back legs. They broke his back legs and inflicted serious damage to his pelvis as well.

The sound of the fighting, and the roaring that accompanied it, was something to behold. After a while the young male lay helpless, while the Mapogos roared and scent marked all round him as a sign of dominance.

That evening we went back to follow up, as the four younger males had returned to the area to look for their brother. There was a lot of roaring going on between the four youngsters and the two Mapogos. It was only later, once we’d returned to the lodge that we received the very sad news that “Kinky Tail’ – one of the Mapogo brothers – had also been killed. Apparently he’d been cornered by the four youngsters, and consequently gotten into a fight with them that went on for the better part of an hour. Mr. T (his brother) arrived about fifteen minutes in, but by then it was already too late as they’d already ripped “Kinky Tail’ to pieces.
In the end Mr. T managed to escape the posse in one piece. Was he the clever one, or just plain lucky? It makes no difference now, because either way he’s alone. He called for his brother for a couple of days after the fight, but received no reply.
A legend may have been lost, but he’ll never be forgotten!

We hope to see you soon.

Warm regards from the team at Arathusa Safari Lodge.

This article shows, in my opinion, that not even rangers can be 100% trusted in lion business. For instance, the video shows something else than "Apparently he’d been cornered by the four youngsters, and consequently gotten into a fight with them".
1 user Likes Georgel's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@"Majingilane" they were a special bond. even they fight each other more then others. but they have a great co operation when it comes to fight intruders .

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

Georgel, I have never been to Africa. Your post ( #629 ) is the first remark that I have ever heard, including books, movies, documentary, you name it, of it being cold in Africa. This proves to me that my image of the real Africa is far from realistic.   Happy
3 users Like brotherbear's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-19-2016, 07:30 PM)brotherbear Wrote: Georgel, I have never been to Africa. Your post ( #629 ) is the first remark that I have ever heard, including books, movies, documentary, you name it, of it being cold in Africa. This proves to me that my image of the real Africa is far from realistic.   Happy

I was there during the dry season and it was still very cold in the early am.
4 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Compilation of Mr T's Mapogo Roars 
Made by me

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mr. T and KT doing what they do best attack and send everything into chaos.

4/3/2010

February News Letter
The month of February was a very intersting month, from hot weather, new dam and lions, lions, lions!
The month started off with the building of the new dam which when full will look amazing! It has alot of natural features such as trees that will dry out and support bird life aswell as islands for when the hippo and crocs need to bask.Wishfull thinking but i guarentee it will happen.After the building of the dam the lodge re-opened on the 7th and with that came some really hot weather. 
Temperatures soared to around 40 degrees celcius with the hottest day being 44 degrees in the shade! The elephant herds have also started coming back into the area for a favourite fruit of theirs which is very abundant here. The Marula trees were in fruit and they attracted large herds aswell as some big bull elephants.
These fruit are round and when ripe they turn yellow and emit a sweet smelling scent that fills the bush air. Very high in vitamin c, they also make a rather refreshing beer!
On the topic of lions, we had loads of lion activity around camp lately which was a pleasant change from horbs of Leopards!The Gejima male lions were seen again mating with another lioness from the Nkuhuma pride which means that we should be seeing lots of lion cubs in the near future. One morning i was busy having my usual cup of coffe down at the main lodge when i heard distress calls of a buffalo. I got really excited as there were also the snarling of lions. As we got out into the bush we picked up their tracks which were heading in all different directions. We were a bit confused at first,but what we saw and heard next made sense to us. We eventually found 4 of the Styx pride lions sitting in the road all looking in one direction. This was strange as the pride consists of 7 lions altogether. Then we heard 2 males calling very close by and immediatly knew that it was the 2 Mapogo males from the south of the reserve. These were bad lions as they tend to kill all other lions that are in their path. In a nutshell the Styx pride must have killed the buffalo,then the 2 Mapogo males came in and stole it,which split the pride up into all directions. All in all we calculated that we had around 20 percent of the Sabi Sand Game Reserves lion population in our traversing area.

On a lighter note, the mornings are cooling down as we near closer to winter which for me personally is very welcoming after all the heat.
Birthdays were had by only one of our guests on the 24th.
Suzzie Martin we hope you had a lovely day with us and we wish you many many more to come.
Staff birthdays were had by Abel and Linette both on the 9th and Andrew on the 13th. Happy Happy!

To all of those that were here in February, we trust that you had a enjoyable stay with us.
May the magic of Djuma be with you all!

Regards 
The Bush Lodge Family.

A.C go to the Djuma Game reserve

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mr T killer Looks

© Tony Goldman