There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Gijima Offline

An incredible video of Bob Marley. He spent over seven hours digging a warthog out of its burrow... before splashing water into the hole to force it out! Just sheer determination...

6 users Like Gijima's post

BigLion39 Offline

Scar2 or Joker he was called for that awesome scar on his face resembling the Joker! He was a big boy for sure!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
Sad 

R I P  Sikio of the Musketeers! Sad day.  Now down to Scar and Morani. Maybe they can hold on for a couple more years together I hope!
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Gijima Offline

(02-16-2021, 04:17 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: R I P  Sikio of the Musketeers! Sad day.  Now down to Scar and Morani. Maybe they can hold on for a couple more years together I hope!

Confirmed?

This must be the last two then:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLNBdRgHCBS/?igshid=1wfvpid1c2sg1
2 users Like Gijima's post

BigLion39 Offline

Its hard to tell in the video but its either before Sikio got injured or its Scar and Morani.  I can't make it out.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Spectacular Shot of one of the three Sankai/Moniko Brothers. Unfortunately this coalition is down to two after one of them was injured in a fight and then soon after he was suspected of feeding on a shepherd boy, which resulted in him losing his life to Human wildlife conflict. They are now about six years old and were sired by the legends Jesse and frank.

Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
- Photographer Credit -
To Follow them & for Prints contact: @chekaphotosafaris

5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

¡NOTCH, THE LEGEND!*This image is copyright of its original autho

*This image is copyright of its original author
Happy Earth Day 

A brilliant photo for Throwback Thursday & Earth Day with Mara’s legendary past King showing his charismatic look. The one and the only one, NOTCH Mara’s godfather; He’s arguably the most famous African lion in the world, having starred in the Big Cat Diary series. The mighty coalition he formed with his five sons was just phenomenal, unparalleled, and probably never occur again.
This beautiful King finally varnished without any trace in 2013. Since Notch2 has also disappeared at old age during lock-down time 2020, all the five Notch sons have passed and left us only great sweet memories. Notch’s grandsons Rekero Boys, nevertheless have become a very successful coalition of the current era. They have raised up dozens of sons and daughters to independence, genes spreading all over the Conservancies. The remaining three members Caesar2, Green Eyes & Ron2 still hold their reign at Normasi pride of Olarro Conservancy now.
Maasai Mara, Kenya 

- Photographer Credit -
To Follow them & for Prints contact:  
Ocean and land photography
5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

King Orkitok “Smudge lip“.

A wonderful picture of one of the powerful Salas Coalition members consisting of three brothers who rule with iron paws. They are all attack as one against any enemy. These brothers gathered epic battles since the beginning of their nomadic life as they attacked the lands and prides of the lions at the time with a show of force in every attack they waged. First they were seen in the lands of the legend Lolparpit , they fought him and met with one his prides. They fought with the 6 pack Bila Shaka coalition and they attacked one of lolparpit’s six sons, "Baba Yao", which resulted in damage to him that later led to his death. Young males at the age of 5/6 years, the Sala boys have already gained success, they control the Rekero & Topi prides and they have many cubs. Sala boys, are well known in the world of lions, famous at an very early age, good luck boys.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit
To follow & for Print: @thomasvijayan
10 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(04-26-2021, 02:55 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: King Orkitok “Smudge lip“.

A wonderful picture of one of the powerful Salas Coalition members consisting of three brothers who rule with iron paws. They are all attack as one against any enemy. These brothers gathered epic battles since the beginning of their nomadic life as they attacked the lands and prides of the lions at the time with a show of force in every attack they waged. First they were seen in the lands of the legend Lolparpit , they fought him and met with one his prides. They fought with the 6 pack Bila Shaka coalition and they attacked one of lolparpit’s six sons, "Baba Yao", which resulted in damage to him that later led to his death. Young males at the age of 5/6 years, the Sala boys have already gained success, they control the Rekero & Topi prides and they have many cubs. Sala boys, are well known in the world of lions, famous at an very early age, good luck boys.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit
To follow & for Print: @thomasvijayan

What an incredible image of such a gorgeous male. Wow!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Has there been any word on whatever happened between Olalashe, Kijana, and Fang (Blondie)? I saw a video of the same guide who narrated the video of their interaction, posted just a couple of days after that initial video, and in response to a question he speculated that Olalashe had allowed Fang to join them, and that he believed Fang was off with one of the females. Astonishing if true.

The video of that interaction may well be the single most incredible video of an interaction of two unrelated males, that I have seen. The forethought displayed by Fang in that video was something I previously wouldn't have thought possible.
2 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

No word on the results of that confrontation. I wish because it was very interesting! Last I heard Blondie took off after a female leaving Ololashe and Kijana. After that it went quiet.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 02:40 AM by BA0701 )

(04-27-2021, 02:21 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: No word on the results of that confrontation. I wish because it was very interesting! Last I heard Blondie took off after a female leaving Ololashe and Kijana. After that it went quiet.

Exactly, that video was a day or two later, and he said he believed Blondie had gotten accepted by Ololashe and Kijana, and had gone off with the same female that the fight had started over. Like you said, after that radio silence. It was such a remarkable encounter, even Ololashe and Kijana acted like they had no idea what was going on. Thank you for that my friend.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 06:18 AM by BA0701 )

These 5 impressive young males are a new force in the Mara. They are known to be very aggressive, already killed young lioness of Rongai pride and they are the buffaloes' worst nightmare, very good buffalos hunters. They left the natal pride Black Rock and for the first time they conquer a territory and pride, the males of Rongai pride. 
4 users Like lionuk's post

Stunning shot of the King of Beasts Mpakasi, while patrolling his territory. He and his partner Kitili, the one-eyed male, dominant males over the Athi & Part of KF prides and have many offsprings spread around Nairobi National Park.

Nairobi National Park, Kenya
- Photographer Credit -
To Follow them & for Prints contact:
@sonias_wildside

3 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Jesse the bad boy of Mara
Three years as nomad and he is doing good...Roaming between other males territories, sometimes even scent-marking and mating with different females,propably he likes being alone...

6 users Like Mohawk4's post