There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@Lycaon beautiful female! Check this powerful male:

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Balam's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@"OncaAtrox" 

I did not realize it was a female wow! that male is also a beast.  Like
1 user Likes Lycaon's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

So turns out that this jaguar that for so long I thought was unnamed is Caricare! He is one of the top males from Aurora, and one of the most impressive jaguars I have seen period. He is easily above 130 kg.
4 users Like Balam's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

By pablocersosimo

"Huge adult male Jaguar, one of the biggest spotted this year"

"Early in the morning we found the Big jaguar male, we were told this particular Jaguar was very aggressive but not yesterday with us, maybe because we were the only ones around"
2 users Like Balam's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Not for nothing the jaguar is considered the pitbull of the cats. Huge jaguars from San Miguelito, Bolivia:

Aries (sadly he was poached):

Zeus:

Alut:

Other unnamed males from the area:

Credits: jaguar_conservation_ranch.
3 users Like Balam's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Huge Bolivian male named Pirata:

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Marlon du Toit: " It was just after 5am when our boat’s engine kicked into full beat. Wrapped in warm blankets to shield against the morning chill about to arrive, we set off at pace in the direction of the Jaguar hotspot, 25 minutes up-river.

There was a sense of excitement that filled the air. It was near-tangible. I could feel it!
The golden colour of the early morning sunrise was already visible yet the sun itself still hidden from view. It was then that we saw it. A male Jaguar! Right there, in the open! We could hardly believe our eyes!
We killed the boats engine & just watched. I immediately whipped out my trusted @swarovskioptik_nature bino’s & locked eyes with the 130 kilogram Jaguar. He was weary yet oozed confidence. He just stood there, watching us. Seconds felt like minutes!
He then moved to his right & towards the water. We slowly moved in a similar direction to meet him. I knew where I wanted to boat position, I wanted to see him step down the sandy embankment where he would most likely drink.
It worked. Perfectly.
As if by pure magic he drank in full view of us, in the most incredible sunlight. It was jaw-droppingly beautiful, the kind of scene one could only ever picture when you day-dream.
It was over soon after as he vanished but the sight of him is something I’ll forever remember.
Such is an encounter with the magical Jaguar, an animal unlike any other. "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

I'm seriously intrigued by these Bolivian jaguars, Zeus, the one I posted before was claimed by Panthera to have weighed around 130 kg and he isn't the bulkiest of the area. It's s shame that these jaguars aren't captured and monitored, but just like with Aurora I feel like they could surprise us with their size:

Zeus:

Pirata:

San Miguelito Jaguar Conservation Camp
1 user Likes Balam's post

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Marlon du Toit: " Within the forests lives a sinister shadow. It answers to no one & moves like liquid, silent as a whisper.

For but a second Onca reveals itself. Its posture strong. Its stance bold. None is as fierce. None can stand against.
This is the Shadow Cat! "

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 03:54 PM by Dark Jaguar )

Another Massive wild cerrado jaguar we don't know anything about. Sadly.

Look at those powerful shoulders.

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 12:35 AM by Dark Jaguar )

Wild Amazonic jag who was kept in captivity by bandits is ready to slash the flesh of the culprits.

http://g1.globo.com/Amazonia/0,,MUL1072183-16052,00.html

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Huge male from the Colombian Llanos

Credits to Vaqueros del Rio Pauto
2 users Like Balam's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

jaguaridproject

They were seen two days ago hunting in the Caxiri! They are huge now and have already acquired some battle scars!
2 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Another impressive Llanos male