There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 02:43 AM by Roflcopters )

*This image is copyright of its original author

the baddest male of Kaziranga, KZT085 on the move. about seven years ago around May/2011, He was officially the new undisputed king of Bagori range. He plotted and killed the previous king, better known as KZT023. he’s now old and way past his prime, he’s also being challenged by other rival males. I hope he survives the competition, I also noticed that lump on his forequarter. It seems like he had it since the beginning of this year. May/2018

KZT023, May/07/2011. 

KZT023 in his prime

close up of this giant.

few months prior to his death, sighted by Kanwar Juneja and according to him. by far the biggest male he had ever seen in his life. 

The Unsung Colossal King.

T 62 a.k.a Bhima of Ranthambhore 

This magnificent specimen of absolute amazing strength and size defines this sensational TIGER . Addressing him with the name 'Bhima' was what came in my mind after i saw him this June 2018. I have been sighting him for the past 3 years though however this June it was something unforeseen. Whats bizarre is that this particular range has its first ever cubs and the two notorious male cubs are fathered by T 62 and T 59 female. The tourism zone under this range is zone 9. The cubs are approximately 10 months old.

T 62 is the son of T 34 Kumbha and T 8 Ladali of Kundal Range. We can see a reflection of Kumbha in his son Bheem. Having the same orange coat and somewhat similar face markings like father T 34. 

Qualji has a history of its own. Prior to Bheem the zone was taken over by my favourite mighty T 42 Fateh for many years after T 36 male was put down by him. But it is said that history repeats itself and then came T 62 who was in search of a territory of his own and had travelled to Bundi forest from Ranthambhore twice. 
With regular attempts he managed to make Fateh stray away from zone 9. 
T 62 was in his prime and so T 42 had to eventually give up due to age factor. 

What is strange is that zone 9 never has cubs be it any male being with any female. Zone 9 was an initial hit with T 42 Fateh and Late T 37 Meera ( whom i saw last before she went for her heavenly abode ) on 18 march 2013. 

T 59 was the next female to come in Fateh's territory but unfortunately even then there were no cubs. 

Having said that T 62 and T 59 finally have cubs those were regularly witnessed by Forest dept on camera traps. FD had seen the Male and female quite sometimes but never saw cubs with naked eye. Mother being pretty hesitant with humans perhaps was the reason. However cubs were finally seen by the ranger of the zone few days prior we saw the entire family. 

Grand son of Katezari male, this is the other Sub adult male cub of Kankajhari male and Sharmili female (not the Agarzari, Sharmili. this Sharmili is the daughter of Namdev and sister of Kali/Ginaji). May/2018.

Kankajhari male babysitting the cubs, June/2018.

the notorious Khursapar/Handsome male of Pench, MH. May/2018.

Aurangzeb/T57, make no mistake. no other tiger in Ranthambore has a territory that rivals his. 

wonder what made him angry, June/2018.

sub adult cubs from Mudumalai, Jan/2018

King of Mudumalai, June/2018.

the new male of Satpura, March/2018.

P112 male of Panna, June/2018.

Being watched...

Dhundua, a major landmark in Panna TR. It is an iconic place as it has been the place where T1 reared her first litter. T1 was the was tigress that was relocated to Panna after the park lost all its tigers. Since then the place has been the best place to have cubs. Besides this, the place is known for its nesting and perching site of around 7 species of vultures, a resident pair of Peregrine Falcons and occasional Tiger and Leopard sightings. It was at this very place that I stood admiring the pair of falcons. And then I sat there watching over the horizon. I had a peaceful moment of thanking my stars for the life I have, for the places I visit and the experiences I get are something not everyone is blessed with. My eyes moved around aimlessly admiring the serene nature. And I was shocked to see an animal in the valley right under the place where I was sitting looking straight at me. It was P112. The elusive male was seen sometimes only when he wanted people to see him. It was my lucky day. Photographing him actually did not strike me. It was a moment between him and me. we stared at each other. Both had no idea what to do next. Then I pulled out my camera, took few images as he looked at me keenly. Then he vanished in the cave he was born in. May/2018.

It was our last drive and we were off to Dhundua area, a ravishing gorge in panna for clicking some vultures and the peregrine falcons. To add to our joy, we got a bird eye view of a tiger sitting on the top of a boulder. He was a huge male P112. He is the younger cub from the first litter of T1. She gave birth to her first litter at Dhundua. So basically, Dhundua is like a home to P112. May/2018.

P112 on the move, July/2017.

P112, April/2018.

P112, June/2017.
7 users Like Roflcopters's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Manas mosters! 

5 users Like Pantherinae's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Wildlife Institute of India collars two male cubs of Choti Tara and Matkasur.

NAGPUR: The wildlife wing of the state forest department radio-collared two more male tigers in Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) on Saturday and Sunday.

The two 26-month-old tigers, litter of Chhoti Tara of Jamni, were collared by scientist Bilal Habib and Dr Parag Nigam from Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun, in the presence of chief wildlife warden AK Misra. One cub was collared at 5pm on Saturday, while the other was collared at 11 am on Sunday.

Misra confirmed the radio-collaring of tigers is part of ‘Long-term monitoring of tigers, co-predators and prey species in TATR and adjoining landscapes’ project.“Both the young males may disperse any time and hence were fit candidates for collaring. Earlier, collared tigers from Tadoba have reached Navegaon-Nagzira and Umred-Karhandla. These males will also tell us movement pattern and help us take right decisions,” said Misra.Maharashtra government in 2013 had cleared the Rs1.64 crore project for collaring tigers, to be implemented by the WII on 70:30 cost-sharing basis between state government and National Tiger Conservation Authority(NTCA).

With the collaring of the two, overall 13 tigers have been collared in the last four years. Till now, six Tadoba tigers have been collared. These include Chhoti Tara, Gabbar, two cubs of Chhoti Tara, a male and female from Kolsa (Shivanzari).Earlier, under a separate project titled ‘Studying dispersal of tigers across eastern Vidarbha landscape’, jointly implemented by the WII and the forest department, four tigers — Jai, his siblings Bittu & Sriniwas, and a male and problem tigress from Bramhapuri — were collared. Besides, two problem tigresses that were captured and released in Bor reserve and Chaprala sanctuary were also collared.
When contacted, Habib said, “The two Chhoti Tara cubs are male. Soon they will have to move out of Tadoba as there is no vacancy. Earlier, collaring data has helped us know connectivity and threats tigers face from linear projects in the entire Tadoba landscape.” “The collars fitted are hi-tech and will be dropped off once the tigers settle down. It was due to collaring only we could trace culprits involved in electrocuting Sriniwas, Chaprala and Bor tigresses. Besides, it has helped in knowing which paths these tigers use and what measures need to be taken to protect them,” the WII scientist said.

looks like Tadoba is preparing for their departure, long live Chota Matka and Tarachand. let’s hope these boys stay safe and maybe return someday to rule the core.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/wii-collars-two-male-cubs-of-chhoti-tara/articleshow/64533704.cms
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 04:53 AM by Pckts )

Akshay Shirpurkar
The Aggressive Kankazari Male

one more
Sagir Khan
King of Madnapur Buffer 

4 users Like Pckts's post

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover
( This post was last modified: 06-12-2018, 01:12 PM by Rishi )

(06-09-2018, 05:09 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Photographer said this:

"TWO BROTHERS"
Karan/Arjun - One of the 2 males (litters) of Choti Tara @Tadoba 31May,2018 Tiger cubs usually separate from there mothers when they are of 2 years old and search for there own territory & then find a mate ,but in this peculiar case these subadult males are over 2 years but still live together hunt together & even venture in to its mothers hunt for food for which she has no resistance.Not sure how long this would continue & when time comes both would or wouldn't challenge eachother?.....For now they resemble the tigers as in the movie "TWO BROTHERS"

Hello Friends.
These two make cubs aren't yet 2 years old. They were born sometime in July/Aug 2016. So getting to 2 years mark now. I feel very soon their father matkasur or mother will compel them to leave the area.
4 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-12-2018, 11:52 AM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 05:09 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Photographer said this:

"TWO BROTHERS"
Karan/Arjun - One of the 2 males (litters) of Choti Tara @Tadoba 31May,2018 Tiger cubs usually separate from there mothers when they are of 2 years old and search for there own territory & then find a mate ,but in this peculiar case these subadult males are over 2 years but still live together hunt together & even venture in to its mothers hunt for food for which she has no resistance.Not sure how long this would continue & when time comes both would or wouldn't challenge eachother?.....For now they resemble the tigers as in the movie "TWO BROTHERS"

Hello Friends.
These two make cubs aren't yet 2 years old. They were born sometime in July/Aug 2016. So getting to 2 years mark now. I feel very soon their father matkasur or mother will compel them to leave the area.

They were the ones who were just recently collared, Dr. Habib provided me with their weights of 162kg AND 173kg, I posted them on the verified tiger weights thread as well.

Amit Borole

Bajrang , Tadoba ...

4 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Male tiger from Bardia, Nepal. May/2018

King Khali near Junona buffer, June/2018

St6 the king of Sariska, May/2018

Bajrang, the undisputed king of Tadoba. May/2018

Bajrang and Sonam’s sub adult male son from the previous litter, better known as Rocket. he helps protect the new siblings when Sonam is away and sometimes if you’re lucky, you can spot Bajrang, Sonam and the four new cubs along with Rocket all at the same time. June/2018

Kumbha/T34 on the move, June/2018

all the gaurs and deers patiently waiting for Matkasur to leave so they can all have some water. June/2018

Choti Madhu from Agarzari buffer, daughter of Madhuri and Khali. June/2018

Handsome male/Khursapar male from Pench, MH. May/2018

Matkasur, May/2018.

T9 from Nagzira, June/2018.

T9

T9 sitting on the road, June/2018.

Beauty queen of Agarzari buffer, Sharmili with her cubs. June/2018

Paarwali from Corbett, Dhikala. April/2018
5 users Like Roflcopters's post

Canada Wolverine Away

(06-20-2018, 02:52 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:

all the gaurs and deers patiently waiting for Matkasur to leave so they can all have some water. June/2018

Photo of Matkasur with gaurs around waterhole reminds the initial scene in last "Jungle Book" film when Sher Khan magnificently descends from the rock and start roaming among terrified herbivores around the pool. Only Mowgli is missing on the photo...
1 user Likes Wolverine's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

corbett male
6 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-22-2018, 04:46 PM by Rage2277 )

pench male
3 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-23-2018, 12:57 AM by Pckts )

Neeraj Singh

Mangu Male Saw Today Morning At Tala Zone..Bandhavgarh

Sonu Arora
Chota Munna / Link 7 Male 

Kanha National Park - MP

8 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

mamu 2017