There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-15-2023, 05:42 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Which prides are under their control now?

No idea, wonder if they ousted 2 H7 males, nothing on them for ages.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-13-2023, 07:13 PM)veritas Wrote: By the way, could the current mbirimales, Nharumales, be the grandson of thandaimpi?
I'm curious about their grandson.
Redroad's children will, of course, be their grandchildren, but I don't know exactly who they are they?

@GhostCatP-22

The two 2 yr old Orpen Cubs are offspring of one of the Tintswalo sisters so they are grand kids of the Thanda Impi.

The other three cubs and the new cubs we have yet to see are sired but the Tintswalos so they’re also grand kids of the Thanda Impi.

All 9 of the Nharu Sub adults are the same. Even if you don’t agree that RRM is son of Skorro, some of those cubs are sired by the two Junior Nharu lionesses whom both are daughters of the thanda Impi. I myself don’t know that level of granularity wrt which sub adults belong to which lioness though.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-15-2023, 10:58 PM by veritas )

@criollo2mil Friend, thank you always.

2 yr old Orpen Cubs, 3 cubs and the new cubs, 9 of the Nharu Sub adults

Wow ? Wonderful!

I knew that Thanda impi had more than 20 (?) children, but I didn't know exactly how many grandchildren they had because there are lions that are now lost or dead (e.g., brothers of skkoro jr)

It helped me a lot.
I Watch their journey ahead and pray for good health and prosperity.

They must be a successful duo.

I love the uniqueness of thanda impi haha (Sizanani's nickname was Madeva like Nelson Mandela's nickname)
2 users Like veritas's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(03-15-2023, 06:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 07:13 PM)veritas Wrote: By the way, could the current mbirimales, Nharumales, be the grandson of thandaimpi?
Redroad's children will, of course, be their grandchildren, but I don't know exactly who they are they?

@GhostCatP-22

The two 2 yr old Orpen Cubs are offspring of one of the Tintswalo sisters so they are grand kids of the Thanda Impi.  

The other three cubs and the new cubs we have yet to see are sired but the Tintswalos so they’re also grand kids of the Thanda Impi.  

All 9 of the Nharu Sub adults are the same.   Even if you don’t agree that RRM is son of Skorro, some of those cubs are sired by the two Junior Nharu lionesses whom both are daughters of the thanda Impi.   I myself don’t know that level of granularity wrt which sub adults belong to which lioness though.

I do believe, based on watching a video years ago, that the lioness in question with the Orpen Cubs is actually one of the older lionesses.  She looks like a sister to the Matimbas.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

( This post was last modified: 03-17-2023, 12:00 AM by BA0701 )

I think Ncile and Ncila are confused and used.
Even in fact, his early name started with M, not N lol.

I still don't know how to post Facebook pictures on the forum.
It's hard.

1/3 Tintswalo males Ncila yesterday.

Credits: Bill Drew 
Manyeleti Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, Sudáfrica ??

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-16-2023, 09:12 PM by criollo2mil )

(03-16-2023, 09:03 PM)veritas Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/groups/311973660439078/permalink/603731014596673/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I think Ncile and Ncila are confused and used.

It's hard.

The reason you see multiple versions is that Ncila and Ncile mean the same but one is the plural variety.   Don’t ask me which now ,   I can’t remember   Lol

For Facebook, it’s just best to post the images separately and not link them here.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-16-2023, 07:51 PM)Cath2020 Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 06:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

@GhostCatP-22

All 9 of the Nharu Sub adults are the same.   Even if you don’t agree that RRM is son of Skorro, some of those cubs are sired by the two Junior Nharu lionesses whom both are daughters of the thanda Impi.   I myself don’t know that level of granularity wrt which sub adults belong to which lioness though.

I do believe, based on watching a video years ago, that the lioness in question with the Orpen Cubs is actually one of the older lionesses.  She looks like a sister to the Matimbas.

You might be right and I got things mixed up in my mind.    Here she is.    If someone can ID who she is (I’m not very good at it) 

1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

I searched how to upload Facebook pictures on the forum, but I couldn't find the page, I found how to upload the video, but...

I'm sorry, but can you teach me how?
@criollo2mil  thank you bro !!

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-16-2023, 09:22 PM)veritas Wrote: I searched how to upload Facebook pictures on the forum, but I couldn't find the page, I found how to upload the video, but...

I simply download or copy them to my phone from FB then repost here as new.   Add the credit 

The problem w Facebook links is that many of the groups are private and not everyone here has access.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

( This post was last modified: 03-16-2023, 09:44 PM by veritas )

(03-16-2023, 09:27 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 09:22 PM)veritas Wrote: I searched how to upload Facebook pictures on the forum, but I couldn't find the page, I found how to upload the video, but...

I simply download or copy them to my phone from FB then repost here as new.   Add the credit 

The problem w Facebook links is that many of the groups are private and not everyone here has access.

Finally, I realized why the button to add photo files didn't work. It doesn't work on the page using the translator. I just log in to the forum site as an English page and press something, and the picture is entered. No matter how hard I try, the page where the translator is running doesn't work.I finally succeeded in uploading the picture. Thank you.

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like veritas's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(03-16-2023, 09:03 PM)veritas Wrote: I think Ncile and Ncila are confused and used.

It's hard.

I removed that link. As I mentioned previously, we do not permit links to private Facebook groups, as not all members here are members of those groups and are unable to access those links. Please do not post those anymore.

Also, as was previously mentioned, there is no way to embed Facebook posts here, so your best bet is to save the images to your local system, and post them here directly, just make sure you try and credit the photographer if you do this.
4 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Mandevu with new wounds resulting w a fight with other lions.    No confirmation as tho who, but Alistair’s guess is it could be the Birmingham Boys of White Prince and the Two Tawnys.  

Ncila also presented with some facial scarring.   Thought to be of a different nature.   Not a related incident.

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

To be honest it would be healty for the lion population in the arena if Tintswalo males would be repleaced by Birmingham males as the dominant males of Mbiri pride.
4 users Like Potato's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-18-2023, 12:03 AM)Potato Wrote: To be honest it would be healty for the lion population in the arena if Tintswalo males would be repleaced by Birmingham males as the dominant males of Mbiri pride.

What males sired the females in the mbiri pride?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-18-2023, 12:19 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 12:03 AM)Potato Wrote: To be honest it would be healty for the lion population in the arena if Tintswalo males would be repleaced by Birmingham males as the dominant males of Mbiri pride.

What males sired the females in the mbiri pride?

Matimbas and Thanda Impis.
3 users Like Potato's post