There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Mwk85 Offline

Ncile

10 users Like Mwk85's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

I just thought of it.
It's quite surprising to me that an injured lion falls from the dominant position of No. 1 to No. 3 in an instant and that even Pride rejects No. 3.
It is understandable that Pride refuses to cut unnecessary numbers, considering (food fights, chances of survival) etc. immediately after Nclie is injured.

But almost a year?
It feels a little unproductive to reject long hours.

Because Nclie is not in a state where there is no chance of a fight or can't walk.

If they had an invader coming in, surely 3 would be better than 2, but the only reason why it is not yet fully accepted by Pride is because of the food race?

It's painful to see a male lion in his prime wasting golden time.

Damn human beings...?
5 users Like veritas's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

“ The Tintswalo Males, Lambile & Mandevu lie out in the open after a morning patrol.”

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

1ofCourage Offline

(03-10-2023, 04:37 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Ncile

It's just my opinion, but Ncile looks different.  Most of the time both of his cheeks are swollen and they might continue to be off and on for the rest of his life.  I really thought that animals don't notice injuries and scars, but perhaps they do when its more or less symetrical and makes the animal look very unusual. They may see it as a weaknesss, too.
2 users Like 1ofCourage's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(03-10-2023, 11:54 PM)veritas Wrote: I just thought of it.
It's quite surprising to me that an injured lion falls from the dominant position of No. 1 to No. 3 in an instant and that even Pride rejects No. 3.
It is understandable that Pride refuses to cut unnecessary numbers, considering (food fights, chances of survival) etc. immediately after Nclie is injured.

But almost a year?
It feels a little unproductive to reject long hours.

Because Nclie is not in a state where there is no chance of a fight or can't walk.

If they had an invader coming in, surely 3 would be better than 2, but the only reason why it is not yet fully accepted by Pride is because of the food race?

It's painful to see a male lion in his prime wasting golden time.

Damn human beings...?

I read an earlier post that stated Ncila bullied Lambile constantly especially on kills so they probably didn’t have the best bond. Mandevu and Lambile seem to work well together and have a strong bond and have a good relationship with the lionesses and Cubs. Lambile is from another pride and was adopted when he was younger so that’s a theory on why Ncila was rough. Lambiles blood brothers were the Tumbela coalition/male.
My personal theory on why the lionesses were wary of him for so long is he maybe bullied the lionesses and Cubs. It’s one thing to chase off lionesses from a kill but at least let the Cubs eat. 
Note this is just a thought I had, I’m not saying this is for sure what happened. 
As Ncila heals and feels better he’s starting to asset hisself more. I really really hope he’s mellowed out and he works with the other two…they need him after all.
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

I think it's amazing to hear you, my friend.
We'll never know the truth, but your story makes sense.
Ha ha.
I hope that the descendants of thandaimpi will live well.
By the way, could the current mbirimales, Nharumales, be the grandson of thandaimpi?
I'm curious about their grandson.
Redroad's children will, of course, be their grandchildren, but I don't know exactly who they are they?

@GhostCatP-22
1 user Likes veritas's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-12-2023, 09:40 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: “ The Tintswalo Males, Lambile & Mandevu lie out in the open after a morning patrol.”

Lambile looks so good. His mane has grown a lot! Although his limp still is there, he's doing well so far
4 users Like Timbavati's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(03-13-2023, 07:13 PM)veritas Wrote: I think it's amazing to hear you, my friend.
We'll never know the truth, but your story makes sense.
Ha ha.
I hope that the descendants of thandaimpi will live well.
By the way, could the current mbirimales, Nharumales, be the grandson of thandaimpi?
I'm curious about their grandson.
Redroad's children will, of course, be their grandchildren, but I don't know exactly who they are they?

@GhostCatP-22
I really recommend to watch the SCAR lion channel on YouTube. If the person operating the channel has a patreon I would love to donate.

I recommend watching all of them as they are really well done and very informative.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPoYsDz1clc

Hopefully this link works.
If it’s not in your language let us know and we can do a write up of the narration for you. 
The SCAR videos are what brought me into this awesome cat crazy community.
2 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Skybed son in the Mluwati concession

By Lee Whitehead

*This image is copyright of its original author

By Claire Dean

9 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Manyeleti updates ( prides and coalitions)

6 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nice vid, interesting to hear they're gonna name the Orpen subs!
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-14-2023, 09:35 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Manyeleti updates ( prides and coalitions)

Didn't know Myambula males are creating some presence as far as northern Manyeleti.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-15-2023, 02:19 AM)Potato Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 09:35 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Manyeleti updates ( prides and coalitions)

Didn't know Myambula males are creating some presence as far as northern Manyeleti.

Their territory stretches from western Satara all the way to Northeastern Manyeleti. It might seem big but 2 are not that far apart. Still, they have a big tierritory.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-15-2023, 05:09 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Their territory stretches from western Satara all the way to Northeastern Manyeleti. It might seem big but 2 are not that far apart. Still, they have a big tierritory.

I dont think they are all the way to Satara, they are hanging on h7 far as s36 junction, which is around half way to Satara from Orpen, or a bit more.

They where mostly seen around BobbejanKrans.

Which was eastern part of territory of their fathers in the past.

Not sure whats the status of Mbiris with Skorro pride, as far as i remember Mbiris where not seen with them in a while, and moved further west towards Birmingham breakaway 2.0 females.

Its possible that Myambulas overtake Skorros if they continue to hang near Orpen.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-15-2023, 11:27 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 05:09 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Their territory stretches from western Satara all the way to Northeastern Manyeleti. It might seem big but 2 are not that far apart. Still, they have a big tierritory.

I dont think they are all the way to Satara, they are hanging on h7 far as s36 junction, which is around half way to Satara from Orpen, or a bit more.

They where mostly seen around BobbejanKrans.

Which was eastern part of territory of their fathers in the past.

Not sure whats the status of Mbiris with Skorro pride, as far as i remember Mbiris where not seen with them in a while, and moved further west towards Birmingham breakaway 2.0 females.

Its possible that Myambulas overtake Skorros if they continue to hang near Orpen.

I think they used to be seen further east near S12. But now they moved further west, are now closer to Orpen. Which prides are under their control now? They've been mating recently.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post