There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Imbali young males.
Sons of old muluwati males.

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like DARK MANE's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 06:36 PM by lionuk )

The young Mbiri female that sired by Orpen males unfortunately was found dead. It happened a week's ago. 
The young Birmingham males, including the white lion, are the main suspects as they were close to the pride. Still, it's so sad for the young female who had just turned two this month. 

Pic credit: Vestment Mfumo Machavi
6 users Like lionuk's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

There’s a bit of confusion regarding the ID.  But Bill Drew reports all Mbiris have been accounted for.  

He suspects the Birmingham Pride and Mbiris got into a clash and a female body was found.   

Sounds like it’s possibly from the Birminghams who of course are outnumbered there
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-29-2023, 07:32 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: There’s a bit of confusion regarding the ID.  But Bill Drew reports all Mbiris have been accounted for.  

He suspects the Birmingham Pride and Mbiris got into a clash and a female body was found.   

Sounds like it’s possibly from the Birminghams who of course are outnumbered there

1 Birmingham sub female, with blue eyes, died not long ago.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(01-29-2023, 08:12 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:32 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: There’s a bit of confusion regarding the ID.  But Bill Drew reports all Mbiris have been accounted for.  

1 Birmingham sub female, with blue eyes, died not long ago.

Yes.  The Blue eyed girl hasn’t been seen for about 8 weeks.   This new conflict could be one of her litter/age mates since the older April 2020 female seems to be easier to Identify.   

The carcass is of a two year old (appx)
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

The Hamiltons male

10 users Like Mdz123's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Nice to meet you all!
I've read several forums looking for the descendants of sizanani and skorro (thandaimpi).

There are a few things I'

I read the Timbavati Forum from page one. After Sizanani's death, the 2018 thread fails to find the process of how the descendants of thandaimpi, who remain in the Pride of Mbiri and Nharu, survive and later split into TUMBELA.

Suddenly, the 2018 thread came up with unknown lion names and gave up because it was very complicated.
(I thought my head was going to explode!)

So I read the Tumbella forum from page one to the end. I know that only Skorro Jr. survived, Limper and Scar died, and they controlled Ottawa.(It's a little difficult at the moment, but...)

So I also read all the otawa forums and couldn't find them because I was curious about how they grew up and formed a coalition after 2018.

Both Nharu and Mbiri have descendants of thandaimpi and wonder how Rambile separated! 
I've seen the thread that he's lost.

What I'm curious about is the process of how the two prides survived and grew after the death of sizanani and the disappearance of thandaimpis skorro.

I know there is a debate but I think the current Redroad male is the son of Thandaimpi.

However, I have read various forums, but I don't know how Redroad is dominating alone.

Lion mechanics is very complicated and difficult, so I spent a lot of time following history.

When there is a strange content in between, it becomes more difficult to understand due to errors in the translator, so I search for English words and find the meaning and study alone. (lol)

I don't understand that redroad may have a fight with the current 3 tintswalo males who may be their cousins or brothers (so sad.

Which page of the forum can I go to to to find out their historical chronology of the past?

Looking at the Ottawa forum, Skorro Jr. seems to be in a very difficult state at the moment, is it far from redroad?

I want to know if these two poor males can't make friends quickly or rather join forces to form an alliance.

Can't lions recognize their family members and members by their hormones or scents?

Can't Skorro or redroad be united with tintswalo? As long as they dominate with pride, do lions define each other as eternal enemies?

For example, avoca/giraff or mapogos...

Is there a zero chance of becoming a territorial union when necessary?  The more I know about lions, the more difficult and complicated it is. 

I hope my questions are translated properly.
2 users Like veritas's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 08:09 PM by Mdz123 )

(02-05-2023, 01:39 PM)veritas Wrote: There are a few things I'

I read the Timbavati Forum from page one. After Sizanani's death, the 2018 thread fails to find the process of how the descendants of thandaimpi, who remain in the Pride of Mbiri and Nharu, survive and later split into TUMBELA.

First of all, Sizanani died in late 2017, not 2018. His brother Scorro was still dominant over the 2 prides until mid 2018´

Quote:So I read the Tumbella forum from page one to the end. I know that only Skorro Jr. survived, Limper and Scar died, and they controlled Ottawa.(It's a little difficult at the moment, but...)

So I also read all the otawa forums and couldn't find them because I was curious about how they grew up and formed a coalition after 2018.

Basically, the current dominant males of Mbiri pride are the Tintswalo males. They are sons of the Thanda Impis and brothers to Tumbelas. At the beginning, Nharu pride had 6 sons, Mbiris had 3. Then, a Nharu male left his natal pride and joined Mbiris. So by the time Thada Impis lost the territory, there were 5 young males in Nharu pride, and 4 in Mbiri pride.

The Nharu males would go on to become the Tumbelas. 4 out of 5 died, leaving Skorro Jr. The last man standing. The Mbiri males would become the Tintswalo males. 1 of them dissapeared in 2021, leaving 3 remaining.

Quote:Both Nharu and Mbiri have descendants of thandaimpi and wonder how Rambile separated! 
I've seen the thread that he's lost.

Lambile is not seperated. He is still part of the coalition. He is just a bit skinny compared to his brothers. Ncile is the one that is sometimes seperated, mainly due to his injuries from a snare incident in 2022.

Quote:What I'm curious about is the process of how the two prides survived and grew after the death of sizanani and the disappearance of thandaimpis skorro.

Nharu pride is thriving well thanks to the Red Road male. Theres 6 adult lionesses and many sub adults and cubs.
Mbiri pride is also doing ok, but not as good as Nharus, partially due to the many pride takeovers and in-breeding. (Tintswalos are mating with their sisters)

Quote:I know there is a debate but I think the current Redroad male is the son of Thandaimpi.

However, I have read various forums, but I don't know how Redroad is dominating alone.

Red Road male was fathered by the 7 old Avoca/Giraffe males. He is dominating alone since there is no large coalition close to him. His neighbors are all lone males apart from Tintswalos.

Quote:I don't understand that redroad may have a fight with the current 3 tintswalo males who may be their cousins or brothers (so sad.

As I said, RRM actually has no connections with Thands Impis. Also, he has had a fight with 2/3 Tintswalos in 2021, he survived with injuries. There has been no fight since.

Which page of the forum can I go to to to find out their historical chronology of the past?

Quote:Looking at the Ottawa forum, Skorro Jr. seems to be in a very difficult state at the moment, is it far from redroad?

Skorro Jr. is very far from Red Road. Skorro Jr. is in western Sabi Sands. Red Road is in southern Manyeleti. This distance betweennthe 2 areas is about 20km.

Quote:I want to know if these two poor males can't make friends quickly or rather join forces to form an alliance.

There is no way that Red Road can potentially form a coalition with another male. He is a well-established dominant male and wont tolerate any other males.

Skorro Jr., however, is now a nomad and can possibly form a coalition with other nomadic lions close to him, such as the Nkuhuma young male.

Quote:Can't lions recognize their family members and members by their hormones or scents?

In lion society, family doesnt matter much. This means that even if 2 different coalitions are brothers, they wont tolerate each other if they were dominant males.

Quote:Can't Skorro or redroad be united with tintswalo? As long as they dominate with pride, do lions define each other as eternal enemies?

No. Skorro is too far and Red Road will not united with any other male because he is already territorial.

Quote:For example, avoca/giraff or mapogos...

The young Giraffe males and the old Avocas joined together when they were nomads. The Mapogos were 5 at the start. They became 6 after Makhulu left his natal pride and joined the other 5 males' pride. The way Makhulu left his pride and joined the rest of the Mapogos is similar to how the Nharu male left his pride and joined the Mbiri pride.

Quote:size=medium]Is there a zero chance of becoming a territorial union when necessary?  The more I know about lions, the more difficult and complicated it is. [/size]

Dominant males can form coalitions with other males, but only when they are alone and old. Red Road is still in his prime, so he wont do that. Maybe when he reaches 10+ years old, he might unite with another male. But right now, its not possible that he unites with another male.
5 users Like Mdz123's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed reply!
I don't think the meaning of the translator was conveyed properly (sorry).

What I'm asking is...
I understand that Skoro Junior and Rambile are brothers.
But how did Skoro Jr. and Rambile become different coalitions?
Is it because Rambile wandered the way?
3 users Like veritas's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-05-2023, 08:08 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Red Road male was fathered by the 7 old Avoca/Giraffe males.

Or by Skorro males.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-05-2023, 08:08 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: The young Giraffe males and the old Avocas joined together when they were nomads.

No, they where brothers, all born in Giraffe pride, 2 oldest takeover Avoca pride, so they where named Avoca males, later 4 younger brothers joined.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-05-2023, 08:22 PM)veritas Wrote: Thank you very much for your kind and detailed reply!

What I'm asking is...

The reason is because Lambile (born in the Nharu Pride) inexplicably (circumstances are unknown) did wander away from Nharu pride and somehow ended up with the Mbiri pride.  He was still very young and none of the males had yet left their prides.   So by the time they did all leave to be nomads, Skorro left with his Nharu brothers, and Lambile left with his Mbiri brothers (adopted and half brothers).   

Skorro left with 4 brothers but only two made it to become Tumbelas.   Now after both brothers have died, he is the last Tumbela

Lambile left with 3 other Mbiri brothers and became Tintswalo males.   one of those brothers disappeared, there are three Tintswalos remaining (Lambile, Ncila, and Mandevu)
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-05-2023, 08:22 PM)veritas Wrote: Thank you very much for your kind and detailed reply!

What I'm asking is...

It is because Lambile was the young male who left Nharhu pride and joined Mbiri pride. If he didnt change prides, he would have been part of the Tumbelas. But since he joined the Mbiris, he became part of the Tintswalos instead.
6 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-05-2023, 10:31 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 08:08 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: The young Giraffe males and the old Avocas joined together when they were nomads.

No, they where brothers, all born in Giraffe pride, 2 oldest takeover Avoca pride, so they where named Avoca males, later 4 younger brothers joined.

So this means that although the 2 oldest had taken over the Avoca pride, they recognized their brothers and accepted them into the coalition? This would be a rare case where family had something to play in lion society.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 12:25 AM by criollo2mil )

(02-05-2023, 08:08 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Red Road male was fathered by the 7 old Avoca/Giraffe males. He is dominating alone since there is no large coalition close to him. His neighbors are all lone males apart from Tintswalos.

Since this debate has been going on, and since I never have seen a more compelling argument than the following, let me provide the evidence I go with that convinces me that Skorro sired the Red Road Male.    This evidence is from research put together by Facebook user:  Ruiting Zhong.  He not only provides photographic evidence, he provides links to the original photos which confirm the dates and if you know the historical circumstances, it would provide a much much compelling argument that Skorros sired him and not the Avoca/Girrafe.    If there is compelling evidence ‘other than passed down hearsay’ that it was otherwise the Avoca/Girrafe, please please share, and I’m absolutely open to studying it.    

Repost as follows:

I have tried hard to find out the real identity of the red road male. I think his father is skorro thanda impi male, not Giraffe / Avoca coalitions. Although this conclusion is different from what lion fans believe at present, some people think that I am making up a story, but I will use evidence to prove that I am not making up a story, and I am telling the truth.

Photos Credits:  by Renzo Gaudenzi on December 11, 2014
Because the photographer has stopped sharing function, so I attached the link. Please open it with your computer (it must be computer, not mobile phone)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/regaudeo/1...747843353/  

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post