There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(08-09-2022, 09:21 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

Bummer to hear Ncila is being rejected again and is NOT with the Pride ATM.   This Pride and his brothers is bound to really need him here in these tense times that lay ahead.    It was mentioned that the Pride has been pushing more and more south….shortly, it will be in the Nharu’s territory and things can het quite un-nerving
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-09-2022, 11:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Bummer to hear Ncila is being rejected again and is NOT with the Pride ATM.   This Pride and his brothers is bound to really need him here in these tense times that lay ahead.    It was mentioned that the Pride has been pushing more and more south….shortly, it will be in the Nharu’s territory and things can het quite un-nerving

Yeah that is a bummer for sure. I thought he was doing good and sesettling back in? I thiught i saw a video rescently of Mcili and brother on a kill together.?
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Contributor

(08-10-2022, 11:58 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 11:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Bummer to hear Ncila is being rejected again and is NOT with the Pride ATM.   This Pride and his brothers is bound to really need him here in these tense times that lay ahead.    It was mentioned that the Pride has been pushing more and more south….shortly, it will be in the Nharu’s territory and things can het quite un-nerving

Yeah that is a bummer for sure. I thought he was doing good and sesettling back in? I thiught i saw a video rescently of Mcili and brother on a kill together.?

Yes.  But apparently things have turned.   Based on comments from Tintswalo he’s not with the pride.   And the lionesses seem to be the antagonists.   They’re supposedly going to do an update on him soon.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

Isnt this Mbiri Cub the little naughty male cub called 'Solo'? Or is this a 2nd cub being born after Solo?
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-10-2022, 10:38 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: Isnt this Mbiri Cub the little naughty male cub called 'Solo'? Or is this a 2nd cub being born after Solo?

The solo Mbiri cub is the last offspring of the Orpen males, right?
2 users Like Timbavati's post

( This post was last modified: 08-10-2022, 10:56 PM by Mabingilane )

(08-10-2022, 10:47 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The solo Mbiri cub is the last offspring of the Orpen males, right?
No those are the two older cubs bro. 

The Solo cub was born this year sired by Tintswalo males and was the youngest cub of all 5 Mbiri Cubs

- Two older Orpen cubs

- Two Tintswalo cubs

- 3 cubs including Kupona *ALL DECEASED

- 1 new male cub called "Solo" born in March this year who has a lot of character.

* Now the question is, is the new cub seen in this video Solo? Or is it a younger, newer cub. I think it is Solo.
We will know for sure if the cub count is still 5. If it is 6 then we have two solo cubs
7 users Like Mabingilane's post

Contributor

(08-10-2022, 10:38 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: Isnt this Mbiri Cub the little naughty male cub called 'Solo'? Or is this a 2nd cub being born after Solo?

I have asked for clarification regarding that.   A part of me wants this to be the same solo.   Cause if not, this would mean yet another solo litter which isn’t ideal and a sign of problems with these litters.   Single cub litters are quite rare.   If we see single cubs it’s usually cause the littermates pass away early similar to what happened w Kupona but worse cause we never see them at all.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

(08-10-2022, 10:59 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I have asked for clarification regarding that.   A part of me wants this to be the same solo.   Cause if not, this would mean yet another solo litter which isn’t ideal and a sign of problems with these litters.   Single cub litters are quite rare.   If we see single cubs it’s usually cause the littermates pass away early similar to what happened w Kupona but worse cause we never see them at all.
Thank you for asking for confirmation! 

I too thought it was strange if indeed this is a new cub. Having two litters of 1 cub is rather rare in such short succession. 

Solo "The 1st" is now over 4 Months old. I honestly think think this cub is the same Solo. 

Another person to ask would be Vestment Mfumo. If i got the name right.
5 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Yeah it should be the same solo

Solo and mother on the 31/05/22 tintswalo video 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Solo and mother yesterdays video

Same female, Two spots on her left side whisker and a nick in her left ear
8 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

(08-10-2022, 11:39 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah it should be the same solo

Solo and mother on the 31/05/22 tintswalo video 

Solo and mother yesterdays video

Same female, Two spots on her left side whisker and a nick in her left ear

That answers our question.   Now I wonder if she lost a few cubs again.  Seems she has issues lactating.   Hopefully solo has far better outcome than Kupona and littermates  

Thanks for the proper ID @Tonpa
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

RookiePundit Offline

Nitpicking but it should be noted - past the last Orpen cubs litter, the very next litters are possibly sired by big Zig Zag Mbiri male (and not Tintswalos) as there was a sighting of him and 3 Mbiri lionesses very eager to mate with him (while Tintswalos likely took time before started mating with their mothers, aunts and sisters - but we don't see everything - they even were not become threat ofr the Orpen cubs as they simply saw them as the newest siblings in her natal pride, they rather returned to home than took over at first). Timewise it should be possible so we will probably never know unless there would DNA samples to compare. The newest addition to the pride from now on should be Tintswalo's ofc (afaik).
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

Contributor

(08-11-2022, 01:41 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: Nitpicking but it should be noted - past the last Orpen cubs litter, the very next litters are possibly sired by big Zig Zag Mbiri male (and not Tintswalos) as there was a sighting of him and 3 Mbiri lionesses very eager to mate with him (while Tintswalos likely took time before started mating with their mothers, aunts and sisters - but we don't see everything - they even were not become threat ofr the Orpen cubs as they simply saw them as the newest siblings in her natal pride, they rather returned to home than took over at first). Timewise it should be possible so we will probably never know unless there would DNA samples to compare. The newest addition to the pride from now on should be Tintswalo's ofc (afaik).

Any possibility of Ziggy siring any of the Mbiri cubs left with the passing of Kupona.   That was the last litter where the timeline would match of his rendezvous with an Mbiri lioness.   The middle litter (I call the cousins) was born in December.   Way beyond the timeline to match.
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

A guest at imbali captured a male lion chasing some young boys

10 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-11-2022, 11:48 PM)Tonpa Wrote: A guest at imbali captured a male lion chasing some young boys

Prob some of Imbali young males getting chased by Skybed son most likely.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-11-2022, 11:48 PM)Tonpa Wrote: A guest at imbali captured a male lion chasing some young boys

It's very likely what @Tr1x24 says. Probably the Skybed sons chasing some sub-adult males.
7 users Like Timbavati's post