There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 11:42 PM by Timbavati )

(09-26-2021, 11:29 PM)sik94 Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 09:28 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From what I understand he's the son of the white dot Birmingham lioness, who temporarily broke off with her sister, two daughters and a young male and formed the "Red Road Pride". Eventually they returned to the Birmingham Pride without the young male, and he was named after the new pride name "Red Road Male"

He was born in 2014 and could be considered a Birmingham male I guess

Sired by the old avocas? or northern matimbas?
Skorro Thanda impi or old Avoca/Giraffe males. Still n
unclear which one of these two
5 users Like Timbavati's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 11:56 PM by criollo2mil )

(09-26-2021, 09:28 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From what I understand he's the son of the white dot Birmingham lioness, who temporarily broke off with her sister, two daughters and a young male and formed the "Red Road Pride". Eventually they returned to the Birmingham Pride without the young male, and he was named after the new pride name "Red Road Male"

Neither.  His father is a debated subject but I have seen substantial evidence he was sired by Skorro of the Thampa Impi coalition.For a while it was thought to be Brutus Avoca but some have found images of his mother mating with Skorro then seen as cubs together before the Avocas came on the scene.  

As @Tonpa stated earlier his mother is White Dot which makes him half-brother to Osindile, The Birmingham Young Male
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(09-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

I remember that debate actually, I just knew old avocas were in the conversation and I just guessed on northern matimbas being the other.
3 users Like sik94's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-27-2021, 12:14 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

I remember that debate actually, I just knew old avocas were in the conversation and I just guessed on northern matimbas being the other.

If you’re a member of the Facebook groups, I can PM you a link to a thread there is a great discussion regarding his father. 

If he’s indeed sired by Skorro, he’s actually half-brother to the Mandevu and a Mchile Tintswalo and Skorro Jr Tumbela.  

It is thought that Lambile and Limper, and the fallen Scar were sired by Sizanani.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Mandevu was found in the S6 Pan about 4km north of Main dam
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Red road male - A fine specimen of male lion. 
Photo credits: Megan Mileham
Pics from June-July

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like Timbavati's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

The lion dynamics of Manyelethi is not the best rn. The Red Road Male is mating with lionesses of his own maternal pride in the Nharu females who are Birmingham Breakaway lionesses and from his paternal side as well because of his father Scorro. The Tintswalo males is mating with their maternal pride as well. The Manyelethi kind of needs more fresh blood.
3 users Like Slayerd's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-28-2021, 04:01 AM)Slayerd Wrote: The lion dynamics of Manyelethi is not the best rn. The Red Road Male is mating with lionesses of his own maternal pride in the Nharu females who are Birmingham Breakaway lionesses and from his paternal side as well because of his father Scorro. The Tintswalo males is mating with their maternal pride as well. The Manyelethi kind of needs more fresh blood.

The Nharu females not has 100% the same bloodline as the Red road male has, since the Birmingham breakaway pride has some females that were born in 2006 or so. Thus, the  Nharu females could also be daughter of those females instead of White dot and her sister. Although, it's a good point the one you're poiting out. Definitely, I agree with that Manyeleti sooner or later will had inbreeding, especially in the Mbiri pride with the Tintswalo males. However, If I not mistaken, it could take a long time before of having inbreeding in Manyeleti
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

4 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Good to see Mandevu is ok, if im not mistaken Lambile and Nchile where latest seen north around Koppies.

EverseenSA said that RRM was not seen 8 days, if thats correct, might be concerning.

Tintswalo vlog of RRM retreating from Tintswalo males territory was 4 days ago, but it might be older. 

Does anyone know if RRM was seen recently? After speculated scrap with Mandevu/Tintswalo males.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 11:08 PM by Tr1x24 )

Here is info from EverseenSA :

Im now really worried for RRM..Nharu pride was seen without him..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-30-2021, 11:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Good to see Mandevu is ok, if im not mistaken Lambile and Nchile where latest seen north around Koppies.

EverseenSA said that RRM was not seen 8 days, if thats correct, might be concerning.

Tintswalo vlog of RRM retreating from Tintswalo males territory was 4 days ago, but it might be older. 

Does anyone know if RRM was seen recently? After speculated scrap with Mandevu/Tintswalo males.

We have been updated on a daily basis by our friend Charlie, Unfortunately, no words of the RRM so far.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-30-2021, 11:12 PM)Timbavati Wrote: We have been updated on a daily basis by our friend Charlie, Unfortunately, no words of the RRM so far.

I guess somebody seen him after the fight, any info on his injuries?? Apperantly he was in a 1 vs 2 against Mandevu and Ncile..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Everseen uploaded an IG story two days ago of a male lion (or atleast I think it was a male lion) approaching what I thought was the Nharu pride in the night on their baby elephant kill. I didn't save it so unfortunately it's gone now but I thought it was Red Road given how the pride reacted
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-30-2021, 11:31 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Everseen uploaded an IG story two days ago of a male lion (or atleast I think it was a male lion) approaching what I thought was the Nharu pride in the night on their baby elephant kill. I didn't save it so unfortunately it's gone now but I thought it was Red Road given how the pride reacted

I think EverseenSA would know if that was RRM, they say he is still missing.. 

Im getting serious Othawa male flashbacks rn. 

He was seen barely walking after the fight, and no sign of him since, 8 days..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post