There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 07:55 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-25-2021, 07:41 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: @Tonpa  Are those the new cubs that are sired by Scar Mbiri?

No, those are Orpens offspring.

Scar was seen mating 3 months ago, so if females did concieve they should gave birth around now and we wont see the cubs for around another 2 months.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(08-25-2021, 07:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: No, those are Orpens offspring.

Scar was seen mating 3 months ago, so if females did concieve they should gave birth around now and we wont see the cubs for around another 2 months.
One female gave birth in February to Junior and Buddy's cubs. But it was said she only had 1 cub. 
So either they were wrong and she had more, or this is a different female with Orpen male cubs
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(08-25-2021, 11:36 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: One female gave birth in February to Junior and Buddy's cubs. But it was said she only had 1 cub. 
So either they were wrong and she had more, or this is a different female with Orpen male cubs

Aren't these 2 oldest cubs born in late 2020?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

( This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 11:49 PM by Mabingilane )

(08-25-2021, 11:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Aren't these 2 oldest cubs born in late 2020?Reply

The first cub was spotted in this video on 22nd of Feb. He said it was 2 weeks old. 

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(08-25-2021, 11:48 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: The first cub was spotted in this video on 22nd of Feb. He said it was 2 weeks old. 

If im not mistaken that cub died, he was seen starving.. 2 cubs where born before to another female.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

They look a bit small to be older than 8 months, their size would match February 2021
2 users Like Tonpa's post

(08-25-2021, 11:59 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: If im not mistaken that cub died, he was seen starving.. 2 cubs where born before to another female.

Whaat? Oh man. Thank you my friend. 
Do you have any info on when these two cubs were born? Or a link? They started mating with Orpen Males around August, Junior died in the start of December.

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 12:20 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-26-2021, 12:07 AM)Mistry109 Wrote: Whaat? Oh man. Thank you my friend. 
Do you have any info on when these two cubs were born? Or a link? They started mating with Orpen Males around August, Junior died in the start of December.

Sry i mistaken that they where born in late 2020, those are these 2 cubs, seen in April, prob born around February (idk if that the same female with cub on your video) :

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

(08-26-2021, 12:17 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Sry i mistaken that they where born in late 2020, those are these 2 cubs, seen in April, prob born around February (idk if that the same female with cub on your video) :
Thanks bro. 
Im so confused now. That vid from feb only shows one cub. Im tryna match whiskers of that female to see if its the same Mother. Any help would be greatly appreciated to all u whisker experts. I've been studying whisker patterns for 7 years and still find it frustrating! Lol
4 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mother of the one cub 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Mother of the two cubs 

Guess that cub did indeed die
7 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 12:44 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-26-2021, 12:36 AM)Mistry109 Wrote: Thanks bro. 
Im so confused now. That vid from feb only shows one cub. Im tryna match whiskers of that female to see if its the same Mother. Any help would be greatly appreciated to all u whisker experts. I've been studying whisker patterns for 7 years and still find it frustrating! Lol

As I said, i think 1 Mbiri cub died, he was seen in very thin condition, alone with female, not one of those 2,but i cant remember when it was, it might be that cub you posted (its hard to keep track of all these cubs in all those prides..)
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

(08-26-2021, 12:42 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: As I said, i think 1 Mbiri cub died, he was seen in very thin condition, alone with female, not one of those 2,but i cant remember when it was, it might be that cub you posted (its hard to keep track of all these cubs in all

Nice one. Thanks bud. It truly is very difficult. Thanks for your assistance. 

@Tonpa  and thank you for your images and clarification. 
It seems we only have two Orpen male cubs now.
4 users Like Mabingilane's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2021, 01:49 AM by Mdz123 Edit Reason: typo )

(08-26-2021, 01:18 AM)Mistry109 Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 12:42 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: As I said, i think 1 Mbiri cub died, he was seen in very thin condition, alone with female, not one of those 2,but i cant remember when it was, it might be that cub you posted (its hard to keep track of all these cubs in all

Nice one. Thanks bud. It truly is very difficult. Thanks for your assistance. 

@Tonpa  and thank you for your images and clarification. 
It seems we only have two Orpen male cubs now.

No, We still have the Skorro breakaway pride, whose sub adults are Orpen offspring
2 users Like Mdz123's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Shaka Mbiri in Manyeleti
Photo credits: Vestment Mfumo Machavi

10 users Like lionuk's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Looks in great shape. That mane looks more abundant now.
7 users Like Cunaguaro's post