There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 02:07 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-18-2021, 01:51 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: In this particular video I was impressed by its appearance, it is the one on the right. Beautiful boy! It can be seen when it appears at 15:40

Yea, very impressive boy, here is nice to see his size, much bigger bone structures and body lenght then his brothers :

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Btw, how many sub-adult males are there around two years old+ in the manyeleti?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-18-2021, 04:49 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Btw, how many sub-adult males are there around two years old+ in the manyeleti?

At the moment 0. 3 Talamatis males are in Sabi Sands and the BIrmingham pride sub adults are at Ngala/Orpen Gate so just over northern border of MAnyeleti.
3 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-18-2021, 08:19 PM)lionuk Wrote:

It is one of 2 Timbavati Nharhu males, not a Nharu male, part of Tintswalo males coalition.
1 user Likes Potato's post

RookiePundit Offline

(05-16-2021, 03:12 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Great photo of Nharu pride in August 2016 with 10 cubs :

Photo Credit : Christof Schoeman

Its quite remarkable that 9 out of this 10 cubs reached adulthood (2 males disappeared in nomadic life, so 7 now alive) as when Sizanani died, Skorro soon after abandoned them under pressure and 3 females have to protect them vs N. Avocas, Avoca/Giraffes, Orpens, RRM over the years.. 

Hope they will have same success with remaining RRM's cubs..
That is then including Lambile of the Tintswalo colalition? So the 9 minus two would-be-Tumbelas Nharu males lost in Kruger leaves us with 7 remaining - 3 Tumbelas, 1 Tintswalo, 3 Nhrau lionesses? So the composition of Nharu pride is 3 original lionesses from Birmingham pride, 3 of her daughters, RRM and 9 surviving cubs? Or are the numbers wrong? I admit I didn't look much into the actual numbers of lionesses in Manyeleti I only remember one of Nharus to be separated around the time Nharus had an encounter with Tintswalos on a kill and were misssing some cubs since and I only thoguh there are some 5 or 6 lionesses depending whether that one got back.
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-19-2021, 12:20 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: That is then including Lambile of the Tintswalo colalition? So the 9 minus two would-be-Tumbelas Nharu males lost in Kruger leaves us with 7 remaining - 3 Tumbelas, 1 Tintswalo, 3 Nhrau lionesses? So the composition of Nharu pride is 3 original lionesses from Birmingham pride, 3 of her daughters, RRM and 9 surviving cubs? Or are the numbers wrong? I admit I didn't look much into the actual numbers of lionesses in Manyeleti I only remember one of Nharus to be separated around the time Nharus had an encounter with Tintswalos on a kill and were misssing some cubs since and I only thoguh there are some 5 or 6 lionesses depending whether that one got back.

Yea, idk if that 1 lioness returned.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

What are last known compositions of the skorro and imbali prides?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 06:31 PM by Timbavati )

(05-19-2021, 04:12 PM)Tonpa Wrote: What are last known compositions of the skorro and imbali prides?

The current composition of the Skorro pride are six adult-females and 7 cubs
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-19-2021, 06:21 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The current composition of the Skorro pride are six adult-females and 7 cubs

Idk if the adult female who was with Skorro breakaways returned or not..

Imbali pride has 6 adult females.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Made this (mostly for myself), any glaring errors I should fix? 
I gave koppies pride territory to the mbiri pride, and removed Birmingham breakaway since I believe they are in the west of Ngala nowadays, and removed Ximhungwe pride since they don't seem to leave elephant plains/simbambili 

I stuck with tr1x24's format for the most part to keep things standardised 

11 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-20-2021, 03:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Made this (mostly for myself), any glaring errors I should fix? 
I gave koppies pride territory to the mbiri pride, and removed Birmingham breakaway since I believe they are in the west of Ngala nowadays, and removed Ximhungwe pride since they don't seem to leave elephant plains/simbambili 

Did the last Koppies female get killed? I had read speculation that all the cubs had died as she was seen not long after the other female was killed, without those 7 cubs in tow. Short of that I had not seen anything more.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(05-20-2021, 08:27 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 03:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Made this (mostly for myself), any glaring errors I should fix? 

Did the last Koppies female get killed? I had read speculation that all the cubs had died as she was seen not long after the other female was killed, without those 7 cubs in tow. Short of that I had not seen anything more.

Hmm not sure, last I heard is that she entered Kruger with the cubs and hasn't been seen since
2 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-20-2021, 08:33 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:27 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Hmm not sure, last I heard is that she entered Kruger with the cubs and hasn't been seen since

Thank you, @Tonpa

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Great work..

Only Skorros and Mbiris are further north, on very border of Manyeleti.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post