There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Gijima Offline

Whoa, where was that reported? Do you think that’s how one Tintswalo Male went missing? If they took over the Mbiri pride that’s pretty crazy.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mbiris as always are on the path of conquest.
7 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Wonder if the Tintswalo boys will head south into Sabi, that'd be interesting
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 10:57 PM by Tr1x24 )

I expect this to happen, reports where saying that Mbiri females rejecting Tintswalos for mating and to be their dominant males (because they are their brothers/sons and they still see them as that ) and this females now moved a bit further north (which is vacant Koppies pride area) and found Mbiris..

Tintswalos might not be ousted by Mbiris, because they are around Tintswalo Lodge, but with Mbiris females moving north, that area would be useless to hold, so they might move away and either try to push Mbiris from females, or just moved to another area to takeover, maybe south to Nharus and RRM..

But not good situation for Mbiri lioness with 2 cubs, Orpens offspring.. They will be killed most likely..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 11:00 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-05-2021, 10:31 PM)Gijima Wrote: Whoa, where was that reported? Do you think that’s how one Tintswalo Male went missing? If they took over the Mbiri pride that’s pretty crazy

That male was not seen in 3 months by rangers, so far before Mbiris where seen here, althrough it might be that they caught him when he was with females few months ago, if they encountered each others.

Gijima Offline

(05-05-2021, 10:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 10:31 PM)Gijima Wrote: Whoa, where was that reported? Do you think that’s how one Tintswalo Male went missing? If they took over the Mbiri pride that’s pretty crazy

That male was not seen in 3 months by rangers, so far before Mbiris where seen here, althrough it might be that they caught him when he was with females few months ago, if they encountered each others.

Yeah it could be anything that happened. The timing was just interesting.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

I though that knowing Mbiris, Skorro pride will not hold them for long. I was wondering tho, in which direction they will expand: if it will be Ngala to the west or Mbiri pride to the south or if they will go further down H7. It looks like I have got the answer.

What it comes to Tintswalo male, they seem to have great options all around. If they go towards south or south east, they should easly became dominant again very soon. Ngala seem to be good option as well. Ross males of course would be more difficult target althrough Tintswalos being coalition of 3 surely would have good odds to overthrown Ross males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Let's see how the Mbiri males will move since now onwards, If they back again to Kruger or stay with the Mbiri pride in Manyeleti, Also, If they back to Timbavati, the Nharhu males are just two including the limping male. Only the time will tell. 
The Mbiri boys are one of my fav duo
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 12:03 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-05-2021, 11:31 PM)Potato Wrote: What it comes to Tintswalo male, they seem to have great options all around. If they go towards south or south east, they should easly became dominant again very soon 

I know the Manyeleti was pushing narrative that Tintswalos are fully dominant there and over Mbiri pride, but i dont think thats fully the case.. Theres no males to oust them, and as maturing, they started to behave like dominant males (roaring, scent marking, fighting for females) , but we seen that females where rejecting them and not considering them as dominant, yet they still seen them as part of a pride, and few females where avoiding them.. 

So Tintswalos will have to move, regardless what happens with Mbiris boys, as i dont see Mbiri females mating with them, especially now when they found new male.

I think this scenario is good for Tintswalos (might not be for RRM..) as im quite sure they will move south..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-05-2021, 11:51 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Let's see how the Mbiri males will move since now onwards, If they back again to Kruger or stay with the Mbiri pride in Manyeleti, Also, If they back to Timbavati, the Nharhu males are just two including the limping male. Only the time will tell. 
The Mbiri boys are one of my fav duo

I do not think Mbirs will move away since there is so many Mbiri lionesses in oestrus. I also think River pride is now too far away for Mbiris and they already sired a generation with Myambula pride so I do not think they would chosse this path of expansion. I think there are better targets,closer by. I do not think Mbiri males will ever again expand north.

RookiePundit Offline

(05-05-2021, 11:31 PM)Potato Wrote: I though that knowing Mbiris, Skorro pride will not hold them for long. I was wondering tho, in which direction they will expand: if it will be Ngala to the west or Mbiri pride to the south or if they will go further down H7. It looks like I have got the answer.

What it comes to Tintswalo male, they seem to have great options all around. If they go towards south or south east, they should easly became dominant again very soon. Ngala seem to be good option as well. Ross males of course would be more difficult target althrough Tintswalos being coalition of 3 surely would have good odds to overthrown Ross males.

There is also a possibility of Birmingham sub-adults eventually finally breaking away or trigger a split (they are 5 young females). Imbali pride might be without S8 Male currently and Hamilton pride AFAIK has one dominant male as well (although there is no indication/guarantee Tintswalos have a confidence for a hostile takeover already or experience to get all together for such an endeavour maximizing their chances - just in the video posted above they were split into 2+1 again). For sure 3 lions are still a factor to count with and whatever way the cookies crumble Manyeleti could use more lions, more prides really.
3 users Like RookiePundit's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-06-2021, 12:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 11:31 PM)Potato Wrote: What it comes to Tintswalo male, they seem to have great options all around. If they go towards south or south east, they should easly became dominant again very soon 

I know the Manyeleti was pushing narrative that Tintswalos are fully dominant there and over Mbiri pride, but i dont think thats fully the case.. Theres no males to oust them, and as maturing, they started to behave like dominant males (roaring, scent marking, fighting for females) , but we seen that females where rejecting them and not considering them as dominant, yet they still seen them as part of a pride, and few females where avoiding them.. 

So Tintswalos will have to move, regardless what happens with Mbiris boys, as i dont see Mbiri females mating with them, especially now when they found new male.

I think this scenario is good for Tintswalos (might not be for RRM..) as im quite sure they will move south..

Even if we would not consider them as the domiant over Mbiri pride, they were dominant over land around Tintswalo camp since demise of Orpen males untill now.

RookiePundit Offline

(05-06-2021, 12:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Sadly I agree, Tintswalos are familiar with the south, if they go that way though we could end up wtih situation of no cubs in Mayneleti at all if both Mbiris little ones and 9 Nharu ones would be eliminated.

I guess Lambile might have problem in that scenario, he sees to be No.3 in his coalition at the momment and Nharu females might reject him to some extent like Mbiri females rejected Tintswalos, so that might not be an ideal situation for him to stay in nor is wanderign off alone though.

I wonder if any male in northern Sabi Sands/souther Manyeleti would end up tagging along with Ximhungwes once that cub would be old enough to be safe around males.
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-06-2021, 12:19 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: I guess Lambile might have problem in that scenario, he sees to be No.3 in his coalition at the momment and Nharu females might reject him to some extent like Mbiri females rejected Tintswalos, so that might not be an ideal situation for him to stay in nor is wanderign off alone though.

Too much time has passed for Nharu females remember or recognize Lambile..around 3 yrs, he was only subadult then..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I am sure they will remember him. Its not like they collectively banged their head or something in the past year.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post