There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-29-2020, 05:50 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: @BA0701  @Tr1x24  Sad news!

@"TinoArmando" thank you for bringing this to my attention. This is absolutely heartbreaking, yet again, my friend. Now I worry for Buddy even more, as Junior has always been there to help him. Incredibly sad on so many levels. I just hope that someone plugs the dam of bad news that has been free flowing recently. We need some positive news for once.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-30-2020, 02:03 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

@"TinoArmando" thank you for bringing this to my attention. This is absolutely heartbreaking, yet again, my friend. Now I worry for Buddy even more, as Junior has always been there to help him. Incredibly sad on so many levels. I just hope that someone plugs the dam of bad news that has been free flowing recently. We need some positive news for once.

I agree fully. Much lions have died during the past of this tragic year. We are need some good news once for all. As I have said in the previous post. If Junior passed away the future of Buddy sound extremely tough
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Super Moderator

(11-30-2020, 03:04 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

I agree fully. Much lions have died during the past of this tragic year. We are need some good news once for all. As I have said in the previous post. If Junior passed away the future of Buddy sound extremely tough

I cannot tell you how ready I am for 2020 to be over, for a multitude of reasons. So little that is good has happened this year, on just about every front.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-30-2020, 03:05 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 03:04 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

I cannot tell you how ready I am for 2020 to be over, for a multitude of reasons. So little that is good has happened this year, on just about every front.
I couldn't be more agreed. Let's hope this year will end soon! I wait for 2021 with open arms haha
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yes! Please 2020 go away, go away 2020!
Hope Junior can pull through. Fingers crossed!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

On the newest vlog from Tintswalo, ranger said that he was yesterday searching for Junior but couldn't find him, that they will do an update when they get new info.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-01-2020, 08:01 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: On the newest vlog from Tintswalo, ranger said that he was yesterday searching for Junior but couldn't find him, that they will do an update when they get new info.

let's hope for the best
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Super Moderator

(12-01-2020, 08:01 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: On the newest vlog from Tintswalo, ranger said that he was yesterday searching for Junior but couldn't find him, that they will do an update when they get new info.

I sure hope he pulls through. Several lives rest in the balance of his healing up. His own, Buddy, and the cubs in the Mbiri and Koppies prides.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-01-2020, 08:41 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

I sure hope he pulls through. Several lives rest in the balance of his healing up. His own, Buddy, and the cubs in the Mbiri and Koppies prides.

Demise of the Orpen males could bring way more changes in lion dynamic than those mentioned by you. Their demise would create a vacum on big piece of land with 6 lionesses in oestrus. That is very tasty territory and rather would not stay vacated for long. Some other lions would came in to fill a vacum like Ross males, older Mbiri or some males from Imbali creating a lot of changes like it was with demise of Majingilane males.
3 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 10:00 PM by Timbavati )

The big and hansome Imbali male with the Imbali pride at Pungwe Safari Lodge
There is something so mysterious & truly wild about seeing an unknown and skittish pride of lions. Even more so when they suddenly appear in the heart of an area which has arguably the highest predator density in Africa.
Nobody seems to know who they are & they have been extremely vocal in the last few days.
What makes it more interesting is that they were in the heart of the territory of the Talamati Pride of Lions, just NE of Tortoise Pan and bufelshoek boundary, when we located them on a fresh zebra kill. Some interesting weeks ahead with Lion dynamics of this area!
Photo credits: Julian Geerts
Manyeleti-Pungwe-12/02/20.

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-02-2020, 09:52 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: There is something so mysterious & truly wild about seeing an unknown and skittish pride of lions. Even more so when they suddenly appear in the heart of an area which has arguably the highest predator density in Africa.
Nobody seems to know who they are & they have been extremely vocal in the last few days.
What makes it more interesting is that they were in the heart of the territory of the Talamati Pride of Lions, just NE of Tortoise Pan and bufelshoek boundary, when we located them on a fresh zebra kill. Some interesting weeks ahead with Lion dynamics of this area!

Any info who are they? 2 new Hamiltons pride males?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-02-2020, 09:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 09:52 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: There is something so mysterious & truly wild about seeing an unknown and skittish pride of lions. Even more so when they suddenly appear in the heart of an area which has arguably the highest predator density in Africa.

Any info who are they? 2 new Hamiltons pride males?

I forgot to add this on the post. This is the Imbali male with the Imbali pride
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-02-2020, 10:00 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I forgot to add this on the post. This is the Imbali male with the Imbali pride

Oh i taught there where 2 males.. Beautiful male.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

He looks in very good condition, looks very powerful. Is he around 7 years old?
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Does anyone know how big Imbali pride is? Talamati pride is a big pride and rather will not take lightly roaring of other pride in their territory.
1 user Likes Potato's post