There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Hairy tummy Offline

Hopefully he'll be ok
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 05:03 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Hopefully he'll be ok

Yeah,Let's hope that he will recover soon. I think if he sip water he will be OK on a few weeks.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

@BA0701  @Tr1x24  Sad news!

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

He better link up back with Mbiri pride. In such state he might find to very difficult to hunt for himself and he is already looking quite thin.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 06:11 PM)Potato Wrote: He better link up back with Mbiri pride. In such state he might find to very difficult to hunt for himself and he is already looking quite thin.

Sabi Sands Ranger said that he looks "terrible" and that he is losing weight already. Said he may starve if swelling doesnt heal quickly. But he also said nobody will give junior a vaccine as it is nature inflicted.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-29-2020, 06:13 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Sabi Sands Ranger said that he looks "terrible" and that he is losing weight already. Said he may starve if swelling doesnt heal quickly. But he also said nobody will give junior a vaccine as it is nature inflicted.

Terrible news omg.. 

I think we might lose another legend in his prime..hope he can recover, it all depends which snake bite him..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 07:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 06:13 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Sabi Sands Ranger said that he looks "terrible" and that he is losing weight already. Said he may starve if swelling doesnt heal quickly. But he also said nobody will give junior a vaccine as it is nature inflicted.

Terrible news omg.. 

I think we might lose another legend in his prime..hope he can recover, it all depends which snake bite him..

This shouldn't be true please !! We are losing one legend after another. He's on their prime as some other males (Styx for example),Besides, Junior (Orpen male) It's the first and only son of the well-known Ndhuna Matimba (I believe!)...  If Junior passes away (I hope that not) the future of Buddy will be very uncertain and worrying. It won't last long with the hip injury that Buddy has right now

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-29-2020, 07:44 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: This shouldn't be true please !! We are losing one legend after another. He's on their prime as some other males (Styx for example),Besides, Junior (Orpen male) It's the first and only son of the well-known Ndhuna Matimba (I believe!)...  If Junior passes away (I hope that not) the future of Buddy will be very uncertain and worrying. It won't last long with the hip injury that Buddy has right now

Well i hope not.. 

Good thing is that, because he is skinny, he got bited few days ago prob, so he wasnt bited by highly venomous snake like Black Mamba, otherwise he would be dead by now.. So chances are that he can recover.. 

Here i found this video of lioness dying by snake bite:

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 07:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 07:44 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: This shouldn't be true please !! We are losing one legend after another. He's on their prime as some other males (Styx for example),Besides, Junior (Orpen male) It's the first and only son of the well-known Ndhuna Matimba (I believe!)...  If Junior passes away (I hope that not) the future of Buddy will be very uncertain and worrying. It won't last long with the hip injury that Buddy has right now

Well i hope not.. 

Good thing is that, because he is skinny, he got bited few days ago prob, so he wasnt bited by highly venomous snake like Black Mamba, otherwise he would be dead by now.. So chances are that he can recover.. 

Here i found this video of lioness dying by snake bite:

Yes, Of course. Anyway,Very sad for Junior,As he was doing well in the Manyeleti area. Let's hope that he will recover.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 08:33 PM by Tr1x24 )

Mbiris:

Its actually funny, how to me, Snip Tailed male and youngest male are so similar to young Birmingham Boys Tinyo, Scrapper and Mfumo, which is weird because they are sons of Scorro and not related to Bboys, or, maybe is Scorro son of Old Birmingham males too?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Here is the similarity between Snip Tailed Mbiri and young Bboys:

*This image is copyright of its original author

And those Bboys are quite unique looking lions, theres nowhere in Kruger lions that look like that.. 

Also Tumbela Scorro Jr is like a twin of Snip Tail, also similar to Bboys but for him i understand because his mothers are Bboys sisters.. But how are Mbiris so similar? Scorro must be somehow connected to Bboys and that bloodline..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 08:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mbiris:

Its actually funny, how to me, Snip Tailed male and youngest male are so similar to young Birmingham Boys Tinyo, Scrapper and Mfumo, which is weird because they are sons of Scorro and not related to Bboys, or, maybe is Scorro son of Old Birmingham males too?
Who knows. Perhaps the Skorro pride it's a breakaway of the Birmingham pride

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 10:21 PM by Tr1x24 )

So Junior was seen like that in Buffelshoek??
What is he doing that far south?? 

Thats very bad news.. He is prob alone and his prides are miles away in northern Manyeleti..
He is maybe wandering around lost from effects of poison.. 

If he is unable to hunt, and he obiviously is at this state, this will end very badly for him..

Gijima Offline

I hope the vets confirm it’s a natural cause (snake bit or whatever else) before they decide to not intervene. This is the worst possible news on so many levels but I’ll wait to hear what happens... maybe there’s a small chance he’ll make it through. Hope the Talamatis aren’t back in Buffelshoek
2 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 10:16 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So Junior was seen like that in Buffelshoek??
What is he doing that far south?? 

Thats very bad news.. He is prob alone and his prides are miles away in northern Manyeleti..
He is maybe wandering around lost from effects of poison.. 

If he is unable to hunt, and he obiviously is at this state, this will end very badly for him..

Very worrying situation for Junior.

I've read that the lions back to their birth area when they're dying or something like that. Anyway,Junior is very strong!
2 users Like Timbavati's post