There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-18-2020, 03:38 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The RRM is turning into a magnificent male lion.

The question is, Who is the father of him. (I know that he was sired by the Avoca/Giraffe.) But Is hard to tell which one...

I think this male:

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-18-2020, 12:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 03:38 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The RRM is turning into a magnificent male lion.

The question is, Who is the father of him. (I know that he was sired by the Avoca/Giraffe.) But Is hard to tell which one...

I think this male:

I was thinking the same.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-19-2020, 02:45 AM by Timbavati )

(07-18-2020, 12:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I think this male:

In fact.
Yesterday I've download this picture on my phone to post it here.

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Proud father Red Road Male, with his 10 cubs from 3 females, 2 females are still dening, so more cubs to come:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Orpen males:

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Hello Guys.
Today I've found a post on Lions of Kruger National Park FB Group.
This great job was been doing by a person that have such a incredible knowledge about the lions, His name is Ruiting Zhong for those who want more information you can talk with him.

This is Skorro Thanda impi male with the Birmingham/Red road pride of lions on december 2014.

Whiskers patters are the same as the Red Road male.
So, at this point the Red Road male is a Skorro son?

Credit Renzo Gaudenzi
Source: Ruiting Zhong

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

This is another picture of Skorro and Red Road male.
All credits for the edit to @Tr1x24 
Credit: Renzo Gaudenzi and Neil Jennings

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-23-2020, 01:42 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Hello Guys.
This great job was been doing by a person that have such a incredible knowledge about the lions, His name is Ruiting Zhong for those who want more information you can talk with him.

This is Skorro Thanda impi male with the Birmingham/Red road pride of lions on december 2014.

Credit Renzo Gaudenzi

Yea i was discussing a bit with @"TinoArmando" about this, very interesting..

We know that 2 Birmingham lionesses breakeaway from the pride around that time, and where seen in Manyeleti, and where given the nsme Red Road Pride, the question is, did they came in Manyeleti with theirs 3 cubs (RRM and his 2 sisters) or where the cubs born in Manyeleti (by the time Avoca/Giraffe males where not in Manyeleti yet).

Any toughs? Now when i look at him, he has that Scorro eyes i have to admit..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-23-2020, 01:54 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 01:42 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Hello Guys.

Credit Renzo Gaudenzi

Yea i was discussing a bit with @"TinoArmando" about this, very interesting..

We know that 2 Birmingham lionesses breakeaway from the pride around that time, and where seen in Manyeleti, and where given the nsme Red Road Pride, the question is, did they came in Manyeleti with theirs 3 cubs (RRM and his 2 sisters) or where the cubs born in Manyeleti (by the time Avoca/Giraffe males where not in Manyeleti yet).

Any toughs? Now when i look at him, he has that Scorro eyes i have to admit..

Very interesting.

so the 2 lionesses of the Birmingham pride are daughters of Skorro or the Avoca/Giraffe males

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-23-2020, 02:02 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Very interesting.

so the 2 lionesses of the Birmingham pride are daughters of Skorro or the Avoca/Giraffe males

Red Road pride was only the name of that Birmingham breakeaway pride in Manyeleti, that pride disapeared from Manyeleti in 2016 i belive and prob return to Ngala, i belive that Red Road pride and current Birmingham breakeaway pride in Ngala, are same pride.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Sorry I have little knowledge of Birmingham pride doing from that time. I didn't know he was interacting with Birmingham pride. Did he had some coalition partner? How has he been ousted?  How did he fit in between Matimbas and Avoca/Giraffe territorrys?

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-23-2020, 02:15 AM)Potato Wrote: Sorry I have little knowledge of Birmingham pride doing from that time. I didn't know he was interacting with Birmingham pride. Did he had some coalition partner? How has he been ousted?  How did he fit in between Matimbas and Avoca/Giraffe territorrys?

He didnt have contacts with Birmingham pride, those 2 lionesses from Birmingham came to Manyeleti and where named Red Road Pride by Tintswalo lodge. He was alone at that point i belive.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 02:29 AM by Timbavati Edit Reason: Wrong typo )

Maybe I didn't mention.
But the pictures of Skorro and Red road pride were taken on Ngala Tented Camp.

(Edited)
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 02:29 AM by Timbavati )

A beautiful portrait of a male lion. At the moment he is a nomad because his brother was killed. Will he become the dominant male in the Birmingham pride? Lots of questions regarding lion demographics will be answered in the next few months at Ngala.
Credit: Andrew Nicholson

(Red road pride) edited
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-23-2020, 02:23 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Maybe I didn't mention.
But the pictures of Skorro and Birmingham pride were taken on Ngala Tented Camp.

Thats on the border with northern Manyeleti, Red Road Pride (dont call them Birmingham, it gets confusing) was on north of Manyeleti, moving in and out of Manyeleti.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post