There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-19-2020, 09:35 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Yes,This is giraffe male but no belongs to the Old Avoca/Giraffe coalition

Rly? I always taught that he was from that coalition, my bad.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-19-2020, 04:56 AM)Blondemane Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 04:11 AM)Matimbalani Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 03:25 AM)Blondemane Wrote: Tintswalo lodge reported that Old Giraffe male has passed away, they received a photo of his body, he was found dead in Northern Sabi Sands.

Was he the last of the Giraffe/Avoca coalition?

Yes, i think it was the last one... i know old Avoca died last year, he was in a poor condition, prob killed by narhu pride some say. 
I think Old Giraffe was the remaining from the coalition but im not 100% sure.

Yes was been killed by the Nharu Lionesses

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

I as well alwayes thought that youngest Giraffe male was part of Avoca/Giraffe coalition and at some point split from the rest of coalition :o

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-19-2020, 09:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:35 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Yes,This is giraffe male but no belongs to the Old Avoca/Giraffe coalition

Rly? I always taught that he was from that coalition, my bad.

Yes,The old  Avoca/Giraffe died last year and only one was remaining,And sadly has passed away Yesterday

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 12:13 AM by Timbavati )

Anyone Known who sired to The Orpen Male Known as "Buddy" I've seen many post of ppl saying by the Mapogos and he come from the Torchwood Pride,Also they posted a images of Buddy around "June 2012"

First Image Mapogo Lion
And the Second Buddy

Credits To his original Author

*This image is copyright of its original author

2 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

It is unknown who sire Buddy however for sure not Mapogos as he is too young to be sired by Mapogos.
3 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-20-2020, 12:07 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Anyone Known who sired to The Orpen Male Known as "Buddy" I've seen many post of ppl saying by the Mapogos and he come from the Torchwood Pride,Also they posted a images of Buddy around "June 2012"

I think he is too young to be sired by Mapogos before 2010 (after 2010 Mapogos where only in western Sabi Sands).
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-19-2020, 09:38 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Their lineage still exist on generations of Lions in the Timbavati And Manyeleti as well the Red road male,the five Avoca Males,The young Birmingham Male,And Many offspring in the Kruger without Information of them

Old Avoca/Giraffe males also sired young Koppies male and most likely 2 Xikukutsu males. Definetly a great and succesfull coalition.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Does anyone has info what happen to 2 young Birmingham males who where seen with Red Road Male and Koppies pride towards the end of 2018?? Is the young Birmingham male who is still with Birmingham pride one of those 2? Or they disapeared into Kruger, or possibly get killed by Orpen males?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

A little disagreement between the Hercules male and one of the Skorro pride lioness - Orpen Gate, Kruger National Park

Posted:- Mar 2020
Image By:- Frikkie Grobler

4 users Like sik94's post

Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 08:33 PM by sik94 )

Tintswalo Virtual Safari 3/25/20

The guide is I am assuming talking about Hercules and Sumatra male pressuring the Orpen males. The Sumatra male is apparently carrying a hip-injury, if true, the Orpen males won't be challenged.
6 users Like sik94's post

Sikander Hayat

Sadly not a good sighting of the Sumatra male. He was seen with a leg injury, the atrophied leg is already visible in the video. He was accompanied by his partner the Hercules male, looking healthy and fit.

4 users Like sik94's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The newly dominant males of Skorro pride taking a rest in the road near Orpen Gate, Kruger National Park.

Posted: Mar 2020
Image By: Chrisunet van der Walt

7 users Like Cunaguaro's post

239Pu Offline

(03-26-2020, 11:57 PM)Cunaguaro Wrote: The newly dominant males of Skorro pride taking a rest in the road near Orpen Gate, Kruger National Park.

Hercules and Sumatra ???
2 users Like 239Pu's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 04:01 AM by Cunaguaro )

(03-27-2020, 03:57 AM)239Pu Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:57 PM)Cunaguaro Wrote: The newly dominant males of Skorro pride taking a rest in the road near Orpen Gate, Kruger National Park.

Hercules and Sumatra ???
Yes!
1 user Likes Cunaguaro's post