There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Huge Amur Siberian Tiger

genao87 Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 06:31 AM by genao87 )

Any info on this guy...more so than what the video tells us???  you can hit the CC for the close captioning....has it in english

5 users Like genao87's post

United States GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators

He is about as large as the giant Cave lion from the Ural region.

Anyone minds to give an opinion about this intuitive comparison?

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

genao87 Offline

i am assuming this is the same tiger encountering these lions.  seems to be.  

1 user Likes genao87's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(02-01-2019, 10:28 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote: He is about as large as the giant Cave lion from the Ural region.

It was a huge incredible Lion, it would be great if some day they find a complete skeleton and display it to the public.
2 users Like epaiva's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

(02-01-2019, 10:28 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote: He is about as large as the giant Cave lion from the Ural region.

I really don't like to touch comparisons like this but I'll do it for a friend. I matched the lower leg length of the people as a scale but people can modify these two panels as they see fit:

7 users Like tigerluver's post

Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 04:26 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

(02-01-2019, 11:04 PM)genao87 Wrote: i am assuming this is the same tiger encountering these lions.  seems to be.  

Not the same tiger, this one was from China, and the tiger from the post #1 was from Europe.
1 user Likes GrizzlyClaws's post

Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 04:26 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

(02-01-2019, 11:20 PM)epaiva Wrote:

It was a huge incredible Lion, it would be great if some day they find a complete skeleton and display it to the public.

This was the construction of the Cave lion with 475 mm skull, he was practically as large as the largest American lion.
2 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 04:31 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

(02-02-2019, 01:51 AM)tigerluver Wrote:

I really don't like to touch comparisons like this but I'll do it for a friend. I matched the lower leg length of the people as a scale but people can modify these two panels as they see fit:

I read that the zookeeper was a tall woman with large frame, and the tiger was also further away.

BTW, I personally think these two animals might have the similar shoulder height.
1 user Likes GrizzlyClaws's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(02-02-2019, 04:18 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

I read that the zookeeper is a tall woman with large frame, and the tiger was also further away.

BTW, I personally think these two animals might have the similar shoulder height.

Is there somewhere more information about that tiger and woman? I looked, that if she is Asian, probably short and that tiger then again quite normal looking. But pretty hard to say when there is no easy thing to compare reliably.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 04:32 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

(02-02-2019, 04:25 AM)Shadow Wrote:

I read that the zookeeper is a tall woman with large frame, and the tiger was also further away.

Is there somewhere more information about that tiger and woman? I looked, that if she is Asian, probably short and that tiger then again quite normal looking. But pretty hard to say when there is no easy thing to compare reliably.

The huge Amur tiger was from a zoo of Central Europe, so the zookeeper was a tall blonde European woman.

Definitely taller than the Russian lady who stands aside of the Cave lion replica.

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

One thing to consider when looking that photo. That woman seems to stand quite clearly in lower level that that tiger. That paw of tiger is quite visible, compare to boots of that woman. If that tiger would be also as low as woman compared to base of that fence, that paw would be hidden behind base of fence completely.

Attached Files Image(s)

Canine Expert
Moderators

(02-02-2019, 04:35 AM)Shadow Wrote:

One thing to consider when looking that photo. That woman seems to stand quite clearly in lower level that that tiger. That paw of tiger is quite visible, compare to boots of that woman. If that tiger would be also as low as woman compared to base of that fence, that paw would be hidden behind base of fence completely.

I think this could be the same zookeeper, and the exact location if I remember correctly (read from the original poster) was likely Czech Republic.

According to the orignal poster, the zookeeper's height was about 180 cm.

3 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(02-02-2019, 04:29 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

The huge Amur tiger was from a zoo of Central Europe, so the zookeeper was a tall blonde European woman.

Definitely taller than the Russian lady who stands aside of the Cave lion replica.
If that zoo keeper is 170 cm, then that tiger is about 105 cm shoulder height. I look again though and double check my calculations :)

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(02-02-2019, 04:41 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 04:35 AM)Shadow Wrote:

I think this could be the same zookeeper, and the exact location if I remember correctly (read from the original poster) was likely Czech Republic.

According to the orignal poster, the zookeeper's height was about 180 cm.

With height 180 cm for that zoo keeper I get shoulder height 112 cm for that tiger. It is difficult to say how much it effects, that tiger is a little bit different place, distance is still quite small... Anyway if that woman is 180 cm, then my best guess for that tiger is 110-115 cm shoulder height.

Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 04:52 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

(02-02-2019, 04:41 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 04:29 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

If that zoo keeper is 170 cm, then that tiger is about 105 cm shoulder height. I look again though and double check my calculations :)

The Russian lady looks noticeably chubbier and shorter in frame than the zookeeper, then the largest Cave lion was only about 105 cm in shoulder?

You have to take these two factors into account; the Amur tiger is farther from the camera, and the zookeeper in comparison was also a taller woman with bigger frame.

I won't be surprise if both cat stand a little bit over 4 feet tall at shoulder.