WildFact
ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Premier Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-premier-section)
+--- Forum: Edge of Extinction (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-edge-of-extinction)
+--- Thread: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) (/topic-on-the-edge-of-extinction-c-the-jaguar-panthera-onca)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 03:04 AM)YGuateGojira Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 02:32 AM)epaiva Wrote: @GuateGojira
My Friend Rafael Hoogesteijn works in el Pantanal in Brazil with Jaguars, he told me that he has not measure  a skull larger than the one pictured from Venezuela. Do you know of one larger than this one in el Pantanal?

Nop, for the contrary, most of the skulls that I have personally saw are smaller, but this is because they came from jaguars from Guatemala. Regarding documents, the longest jaguar skull that I remeber is one reported by De Almeida that measured 323.9 mm in greatest length and 201.6 mm wide.

@GuateGojira
Thanks it is a giant skull larger than the largest measured in Venezuela

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - GuateGojira - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 04:23 AM)epaiva Wrote: @GuateGojira
Thanks it is a giant skull larger than the largest measured in Venezuela

Is the second skull from the list of the "Monster class" skulls in De Almeida book. The skull No. 1 is "larger" just because is wider so add more points over all, but is shorter than the number 2.

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - Sanju - 12-08-2018

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 12-23-2018

Taken from the book Carnivores of the World - Luke Hunter Illustrated by Priscilla Barrett

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 12-28-2018

Powerful Jaguar
Credit to @pantanaloficial

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - Wolverine - 12-29-2018

(12-28-2018, 11:52 PM)epaiva Wrote: Powerful Jaguar

Really mighty!

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - Shadow - 12-29-2018

This is a very good photo, I think. There is something extraordinary when looking especially that head. This photo transmits certain feeling of power. At least for me.

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - BorneanTiger - 12-30-2018

Is this a Pantanal jaguar, as suggested by the name 'Pantanaloficial'?

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 12-31-2018

(12-30-2018, 10:54 AM)BorneanTiger Wrote:

Is this a Pantanal jaguar, as suggested by the name 'Pantanaloficial'?
Yes it is a Pantanal Jaguar

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 01-07-2019

Pleistocene Jaguar skull found in Florida, displayed in Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville
Book Fossiling in Florida (Mark Renz)
@tigerluver @GrizzlyClaws
Do you have information of measurements of Pleistocene Jaguars skulls?

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 02-21-2019

Jaguar with is prey a Caiman yacare in El Pantanal, Brazil
Credit to @memsandfaridacarim

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 05-02-2019

Jaguar in Los Llanos, Venezuela
Credit to the late Ernesto O. Boede

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - Pckts - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 07:28 AM)epaiva Wrote: Jaguar in Los Llanos, Venezuela
Credit to the late Ernesto O. Boede

I'd love to see more of these guys.

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 05-04-2019

Pictures of big Venezuelan Jaguars, in the book they don't mention the locality where the pictures were taken but I am sure they were from the Venezuelan Llanos.
Book El Jaguar Tgre Americano (Rafael Hoogesteijn y Edgardo Mondolfi)

RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - C - THE JAGUAR (Panthera onca) - epaiva - 05-04-2019

Taken from the book El Jaguar Tigre Americano (Rafael Hoogesteijn y Edgardo Mondolfi)