WildFact
The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-general-section)
+--- Forum: Debate and Discussion about Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-debate-and-discussion-about-wild-animals)
+--- Thread: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom (/topic-the-strongest-bites-in-the-animal-kingdom)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Pckts - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 03:07 AM)Vinay Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 11:02 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 10:23 PM)Vinay Wrote: OMFG 

You are saying like ALL SITES got result from only one fk** arabic written mobile video ... Boss there are MILLIONS of African LIONS IN ZOO'S. 

If you have doubt ask them not me 

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-top-20-worlds-strongest-animal-bite-forces-measured-in-psi-new.2393047/

http://thechive.com/2015/09/17/the-strongest-bites-in-the-animal-kingdom-25-photos/ 

I can give you one Guinness book of world record and say AVERAGE BENGAL TIGER weight is 389 kg because i have ONE proof.  Funny 

Don't know how that semi scavenger got 691 psi.

Do you know what Sherdog and The Chive are?
Sherdog is a mma news sight and forum and The Chive is a local site devoted to cool pictures and t shirt sales.

And you cannot not give a guinness would record and say "average," you can give a world record and say World Record, it's right there in the name.

The last part you wrote is ridiculous

Yeah yeah all my SOURCES and Videos are fake and doubtful but your half edited arabic written video is Bible (Kuran/Geeta).

I'm not sure about the "half edited arabic written video" although I don't see what it matters in regards to language?
I do know that my source is a documentary from Nat Geo with a video evidence and the account.
The point is, you don't have a source for your list. Like I said, TheChive and Sherdog aren't sources, they are forums and e commerce/image sites.
Look through them if you don't believe me
thechive.com
sherdog.com

Now if you could find the actual source where the numbers were taken from (studies), that could back the claims. Since I have already shown, at least when it came to the 691 number, those aren't from your "sources," they are from other accounts and estimations.
I don't see why it's so hard to accept, you have the proof on video. A sub adult lion bites with 691psi, obviously an adult lion will bite with more power. Even if the lion isn't a "sub adult" in your book, he definitely isn't a mature adult and thus he isn't as large or strong as he will be later in life, he is also one individual, how can you pretend to know what all lions bites will be based off one?

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - brotherbear - 01-12-2017

Vinay says: Don't know how that semi scavenger got 691 psi.
Why do you insist, after being told, after it being explained to you... the lion is no more scavenger than any other big cat. You are disrespecting other posters; for what purpose?

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Vinay - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 06:17 AM)brotherbear Wrote: Vinay says: Don't know how that semi scavenger got 691 psi.
Why do you insist, after being told, after it being explained to you... the lion is no more scavenger than any other big cat. You are disrespecting other posters; for what purpose?

If some one put one 'X' research and claims Hyenas/Bears are indeed hunters and 80% of their diet come from fresh prey ... it won't becomes truth .....may be your assumptions are based on that X's research but i don't give F* to those researches.

I know the difference between 

Open Savanna Vs Jungle

Millions of ungulates in Africa Vs Few prey in India

Gang-up Vs Solitary

No-Marks on Coat Vs Stripes/Spots 

Less Canine/Claw/Jumping/Agility Vs MORE etc

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Spalea - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 11:21 AM)Vinay Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 06:17 AM)brotherbear Wrote: Vinay says: Don't know how that semi scavenger got 691 psi.

If some one put one 'X' research and claims Hyenas/Bears are indeed hunters and 80% of their diet come from fresh prey ... it won't becomes truth .....may be your assumptions are based on that X's research but i don't give F* to those researches.

Open Savanna Vs Jungle

Gang-up Vs Solitary

After having read what you wrote about indian and african lions, you're quite borned and dumb.
You're speaking like an indian fauna  supremacist. It's despicable...

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Vinay - 01-12-2017

(01-12-2017, 11:53 AM)Spalea Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 11:21 AM)Vinay Wrote:

Open Savanna Vs Jungle

Gang-up Vs Solitary

After having read what you wrote about indian and african lions, you're quite borned and dumb.
You're speaking like an indian fauna  supremacist. It's despicable...

ha ha ha India has Lions too.....btw  I never said Indian fauna is SUPREMACIST except Bengal Tiger is superior to African lions in every field.

Actually African savanna has far superior Ungulates than rest of the World combined ....   Lol

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Vinay - 01-13-2017

Not one but 14 Tigers and 10 lions bite force are measured..... 

Tiger and lions bite force. Tigers bite force is about twice that of a lion. Lions have weak narrow jaws...   Lol

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Spalea - 01-13-2017

@Vinay: it's rubbish...

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - brotherbear - 01-13-2017

I agree with post #37. Furthermore, the topic here is not lion vs tiger. Let's curve the subject matter in another direction.   Neutral

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - parvez - 01-13-2017

I have watched a documentary on natgeo in which they measured bite forces of all animals. They made a big lioness bite and pull the meter hard. They got reading of 690. They also got the reading of young male lion that was around 750 I assume I am not sure. Hyenas force was 1100. Hippos 1800. Crocodile it's big 2000 pound one. They got reading of 5000 psi.

http://www.outtoafrica.nl/animals/enghyena.html   -     http://www.arkive.org/spotted-hyaena/crocuta-crocuta/ 

I'm certain that as a predator/scavenger the spotted hyena has a bite force greater than 1100 psi. These carnivores eat everything including the hooves, horns, and they crush even the biggest bones. There is little reward for a vulture when hyenas walk away from a carcass.

RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - parvez - 01-13-2017

May be the hyena was a young one when they measured the bite force. Not the dominant queen or well built male perhaps.

http://www.smallanimalplanet.com/strongest-animal-jaw-strength/

This is just one of many online sites depicting animal bite-force. According to this particular site, the grizzly has a stronger bite force than either the lion or the tiger. Even though the grizzly is my favorite, I would have to see further evidence to accept this as fact... Grey Wolf - 406 psi, Lion - 691 psi, Tiger - 950 psi, Hyena - 1100 psi, Grizzly - 1250 psi, and Gorilla - 1300 psi.

(01-13-2017, 04:42 PM)brotherbear Wrote: http://www.smallanimalplanet.com/strongest-animal-jaw-strength/

This is just one of many online sites depicting animal bite-force. According to this particular site, the grizzly has a stronger bite force than either the lion or the tiger. Even though the grizzly is my favorite, I would have to see further evidence to accept this as fact... Grey Wolf - 406 psi, Lion - 691 psi, Tiger - 950 psi, Hyena - 1100 psi, Grizzly - 1250 psi, and Gorilla - 1300 psi.

950 psi for Siberian and 1050 for Bengal Tiger sited by many sites.

People here have problem with Lion's bite force w.r.t Tiger-1050 else everybody ready to accept these results.These results look accurate to me why because they all are measured in same environment and in same conditions(Zoo probably).

For better accuracy, each animal should be a prime healthy specimen and there should be ( IMO ) at least a half dozen of each. Perhaps 6 males and 6 females to have both sexes tested. If you have seen these same numbers on multiple sites, then they are all referring to the same source. And, its not simply about the lion and tiger - you ( Vinay ) seem to have your head stuck there - there are numerous problems. Do bears have stronger jaws than the big cats? Is the bite force of the hyena so far down the line? From my observations; these are not accurate measurements made by any real scientists.

(01-13-2017, 06:23 PM)brotherbear Wrote: For better accuracy, each animal should be a prime healthy specimen and there should be ( IMO ) at least a half dozen of each. Perhaps 6 males and 6 females to have both sexes tested. If you have seen these same numbers on multiple sites, then they are all referring to the same source. And, its not simply about the lion and tiger - you ( Vinay ) seem to have your head stuck there - there are numerous problems. Do bears have stronger jaws than the big cats? Is the bite force of the hyena so far down the line? From my observations; these are not accurate measurements made by any real scientists.

Half a dozen!! there are some 80+ polar bears and grizzlys were weighted but you didn't accept that in another thread because their average weight was 329 and 193 kg respectively... Did you forgot that??  Funny

Scavengers Hyenas,Vegitarian -Gorilla and Panda have strong biting force compared to Cats but Cats are OVERALL fine product not best in all.They are far more superior in Athleticism,Agility,Speed,Muscle,Jump,Claws, Canines and so on..