WildFact
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) (/topic-lions-of-tanzania-serengeti-ngorongoro-and-others)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Spalea - 02-14-2024

@Ngonya

Congratulations to your friend as concerns these photos...

" also may i ask you, is 'BK' an abbreviation for 'Bob Killer'? ":  Sincerely, I don't know. Somebody else, here, knowing well the Serengeti lions will reply to you.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Mwk85 - 02-14-2024

(02-14-2024, 02:38 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 02:32 AM)Spalea Wrote: About #511: your "Big Boys" are beautiful ! Up to a kopje or around your car, they are gorgeous, full of muscle and still young. Amazing photos ! Looking forward your future accounts.
Hi Spealea. Those pictures were taken by Tariq Said Sarico, the text also belongs to him. I put the credits below the pictures. 
I wish i was the lucky person that photographed this stunning group of lions!  Lol

also may i ask you, is 'BK' an abbreviation for 'Bob Killer'?
If so im honestly disappointed that this name seems to have been accepted by others.

Yes, that's what 'BK' stands for, unfortunately.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Brahim - 02-14-2024

Yeah not a fan of the name. Plus he didn't kill him solo so not much point giving him that title.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Ngonya - 02-14-2024

6 Saba Bora males at eastern Serengeti Plains

*This image is copyright of its original author

By robbytraveller

From the same sight posted previously

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Brahim - 02-15-2024

Wonder where 7th is because madelasimba said one split and joined others when he saw them last

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Brahim - 02-15-2024

One of the five Lake Quintet males.
Credit: Marc Woodford

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - afortich - 02-15-2024

(02-14-2024, 02:17 AM)nya Wrote: 5 Saba Bora males 
"Today I was so privileged to see my big boys The Saba Bora Boys for the first time this year, been quite long as I wasn’t passing through their territory.
Boys really have grown up and BK looks exactly like BJ I am telling you. I have a video but I have poor wifi here in Southern Serengeti, I will post a beautiful reel of them and a video I liked the most."

By Tariq Said Sarico

Wow, one day I've gotta have a close experience like this. Nice pics bro!!

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Ngonya - 02-19-2024

The most impressive Saba Bora male with 3 lionesses

By Muli Muema

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Ngonya - 03-01-2024

THE SABA BORA BOYS SAGA!! The boys are now seriously expanding their territory, they've taken over Punda Kopjes pride and chased the two boys from Punda Kopjes, one of the two boys from Punda kopjes was badly injured, found him leaping.

According to their numbers and the area they reside, they really need to expand it so that they get enough place for food and enough place to roam in, but remember one of the factors of many lions to loose their territories is owning a large territory to the extent that they can't be able to patrol it and many upcoming kings yawns for it!!

The Saba Bora I'm very sure they'll live many many years and if they continue being together, it will be one if the super coalition in Africa and they'll teach us many things and they'll have so many generations in their life. I am one of the person who follows them daily and very interesting in documenting their daily life.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - BigLion39 - 03-03-2024

(03-01-2024, 10:45 PM)Ngonya Wrote: THE SABA BORA BOYS SAGA!! The boys are now seriously expanding their territory,

If I am not mistaken, I think  i read somewhere, maybe one of Tariq posts, 1/7 Saba Bora Boys left his bros, and is either on his own or started a smaller coalition with another male?

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Jcvlds - 03-06-2024

Hi. I am very grateful for finding this forum. I am planning a trip to Serengeti in about 3 months and was looking to find information about the current state of lion coalitions in the park + crater.

I would love if anyone could share a list of coalliations currently in the area and regions if possible or any sources of information anyone has where I could further dig into.

It would be amazing to get educated and learn about this before I go as I believe it will make it that much more incredible for me when I get there and hopefully get to witness some of these lions in person.

Many, many thanks in advance

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Ngonya - 03-07-2024

(03-03-2024, 12:15 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: If I am not mistaken, I think  i read somewhere, maybe one of Tariq posts, 1/7 Saba Bora Boys left his bros, and is either on his own or started a smaller coalition with another male?
Yea i remember reading this on this topic. Idk, sounds like it was a brief misunderstanding? Not sure. 
At least 6 of them are still together

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Ngonya - 03-07-2024

BK - Perhaps the easiest to ID of the Saba Bora males, a guide from there claims he was cornered by buffaloes and almost got killed but he managed to escape.

He was badly injured and that led him to go blind. 

He got a long black mane and is the dominant male of all the boys.
"Today we had good times with the boys, 6 of them and not clear of where the 7th is, as I heard rumors that he was leaping and looked sick, I spent 2 hours looking for him minus any success, will update you whenever I hear anything from him.
So I managed to have clear photos of the 6 boys of which you can tell the differences among them, the reason I did that is I want to name all of them officially as they don’t have names except BK, so according to my experiences with them and as I am following them up, will make it easier for us to know who is where and who is what and something like that.."

By Tariq Said Sarico

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - BigLion39 - 03-08-2024

(03-06-2024, 04:25 AM)Jcvlds Wrote: Hi. I am very grateful for finding this forum. I am planning a trip to Serengeti in about 3 months and was looking to find information about the current state of lion coalitions in the park + crater.

I would love if anyone could share a list of coalliations currently in the area and regions if possible or any sources of information anyone has where I could further dig into.

It would be amazing to get educated and learn about this before I go as I believe it will make it that much more incredible for me when I get there and hopefully get to witness some of these lions in person.

Many, many thanks in advance

I would get in touch with Tariq_Sarico on IG. He is the guide/ranger who for years followed legendary Bob Jr/Trygvve and now follows and documents the 7 Saba Bora males who took BJ's territory. He might be able to point you in the best direction.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Brahim - 03-13-2024

Dominant of the 7 Saba Bora males.