WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-16-2021

Singham was a huge loss to the gene pool, considering he was the prodigy child of Bokha and Jhurjhura female. he had a bizzare childhood too. orphaned at a young age, kept inside an enclosure and fed live bait. when he broke free from his enclosure. the forest department closely monitored him and to their surprise. he actually was able to hunt and survive like a wild tiger. decision was made to move him to Satpura. In Satpura, he had carved a large territory for himself and was arguably the biggest male in the park. right in his prime too. he was an extraordinary tiger. it’s sad how he went out.

RE: Tiger Directory - Ashutosh - 04-16-2021

@Roflcopters, he had taken up residence in Khitauli. A year later, Bheem took over Khitauli. They were the same age and personally, would have liked to see Bheem against someone his size. I mean Bheem swatted a huge Jobhi like a fly during that era. Singham would have been his actual challenger.

What I don’t get was why move him to Satpura when he had already established his territory? Initially, a lot of people said Singham’s size was because of being raised in an enclosure except his skull size was always massive. This camera trap from Satpura nearly 2 years after leaving Bandhavgarh says he was massive regardless:

[attachment=5743]

Don’t know if he fathered some cubs in Satpura in his short stay, hopefully he did.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-16-2021

yeah i never understood why they thought it was a good idea to move him to Satpura. he would’ve been far better off in Bandhavgarh. he was an incredible male, paved his own way and earned his spot anywhere he went. i wonder if he did sire any cubs. that’s a good question for the Satpura, FD.

here is another picture of him ! 

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-19-2021

Great to see CM and Uma’s bloodline passed on.
Uma jr. looks a lot like his father.

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 04-19-2021

(04-19-2021, 12:17 AM)Pckts Wrote:

Great to see CM and Uma’s bloodline passed on.
Uma jr. looks a lot like his father.

brothers from the same litter..one looks like chota munna, the other looks like uma.

RE: Tiger Directory - Ashutosh - 04-20-2021

@Pckts @Rage2277, any more information on these two hunks from Kanha especially T111.

T111 aka Boindabra male (he has a round face like dudhwa males).

T57 aka Sukhpar male

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-20-2021

(04-20-2021, 01:28 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts @Rage2277, any more information on these two hunks from Kanha especially T111.

T111 aka Boindabra male (he has a round face like dudhwa males).

T57 aka Sukhpar male

Here's more of T57 but his stripe pattern really reminds me of the old Thin Stripe male.

Thin Stripe Male from 2017

Facial features certainly don't match so I doubt he's the Thin Stripe Males progeny.

@Pckts, any idea about the other male? Boindabra male, the first time I have seen him, he looks like T2’s (Karai Ghati’s) line. Very impressive features on him.

(04-20-2021, 02:26 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts, any idea about the other male? Boindabra male, the first time I have seen him, he looks like T2’s (Karai Ghati’s) line. Very impressive features on him.

No Idea, speaking of T2, check out this monster! 
I wonder who he was fighting with at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/jeswin.kingsly/videos/1603900853037561

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 04-20-2021

first time i'm seeing t111 aswell  seen his name tag before but no pics and sukhpar is a rare sight many of the kisli and mukki rulers back in the days had this pattern with dots and broken stripes on their faces and bodies  @Ashutosh

Personally not well-versed about Kanha tigers other than your obvious ones. Anyway, T111 has definitely caught my attention. He also seems young (given his numbering) as I remember Jr. Bajrang is T118. 

Anyway @Rage2277, do your thing on this male from Kanha.

[attachment=5756]

@Pckts, T2 is really old (14-15) easily. Is that an older video?

(04-20-2021, 04:03 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: Personally not well-versed about Kanha tigers other than your obvious ones. Anyway, T111 has definitely caught my attention. He also seems young (given his numbering) as I remember Jr. Bajrang is T118. 

The video was from a few years back

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 04-20-2021

(04-20-2021, 04:03 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: Personally not well-versed about Kanha tigers other than your obvious ones. Anyway, T111 has definitely caught my attention. He also seems young (given his numbering) as I remember Jr. Bajrang is T118. 

the male is m1 and m111 might be from the mundidadar family like m1

RE: Tiger Directory - Ashutosh - 04-22-2021

@Rage2277, T111 is not from Mundidadar litter. M1 is T99 and M3 is T97.

Here is M1 aka T99 with Junior Sondar female.

This is M3 aka T97 from December:

Numbering would suggest T111 is younger than Mundidadar litter males but older than Bajrang’s boys junior Bajrang and Balwan. Speaking of T118 aka Junior Bajrang:

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 04-22-2021

no not from the same litter but he's possibly from a litter after m1 and his brothers he has the look @Ashutosh