WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-16-2018

Tiger kills tigress in Madhya Pradesh’s Kanha reserve

*This image is copyright of its original author

Forest officials recovered half eaten carcass of a tigress from Kisli range of Madhya Pradesh’s Kanha Tiger reserve on Saturday evening. (HT file photo for representational purpose only )
A tigress has been killed ostensibly by a tiger in Madhya Pradesh’s Kanha Tiger reserve, marking the second big cat death within 12 hours in the state which has a high feline mortality rate.

Deputy director of the tiger reserve KS Bhadoriya said the half eaten carcass of the tigress named Budbudi ( T-83) was found on Saturday evening in Kisli range.

After seeing the injury marks and as the carcass was found in the area dominated by a male tiger named Sangam (T-56), forest officials suspect him as the killer.

Sangam either attacked the victim to reaffirm his dominance over the area or because his advances were spurned by Budbudi, officials suspect. They said such killing is not uncommon.
Vijayarajan Muthu, tiger enthusiast and one of the key members in Tigers of Kanha group on Facebook posted, “Budbudi female, the Grand matriarch of Kisli is no more !...Initial reports strongly suggest she was apparently killed and also partially eaten by Sangam Male T-56..”
Meanwhile, badly decomposed carcass of another tiger was found on Saturday in Keolari range of south Seoni, with its paws missing, making it a suspected case of poaching.

Seoni South district forest officer (DFO) PS Sulya confirming the recovery said investigation was on to ascertain the cause of the death.

Last year MP recorded over one-fourth of the total tiger deaths in the country. According to National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) data of the 98 tiger deaths reported in the country in 2017, 26 were from MP.
Already three tiger deaths have been reported from the state this year.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/tiger-kills-tigress-in-madhya-pradesh-s-kanha-reserve/story-C4vRTOugUafTNYmLardD4J.html

RE: Tiger Directory - Fredymrt - 01-29-2018

Watch "How To Feed Massive 300Kg Bengal Tigers"

Credits to: Our wild world nature

"We are in another place in South Africa near Johannesburg, this place don't give the opportunity for the tourist to get inside the cage.
The animals over there are massive and huge more then 300 KG of Bengal tiger, you do not  see that everyday."

• Facebook: Our wild world nature

• Instagram: Our wild world nature

RE: Tiger Directory - Rishi - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 09:50 AM)Fredymrt Wrote: Watch "How To Feed Massive 300Kg Bengal Tigers"

Credits to: Our wild world nature

"We are in another place in South Africa near Johannesburg, this place don't give the opportunity for the tourist to get inside the cage.
The animals over there are massive and huge more then 300 KG of Bengal tiger, you do not  see that everyday."

1. That can't be more than 500lbs. Probably less...
  2. There are places are give the opportunity for the tourist to get inside the cage! 
  3. The place is a what? Rescue.. Zoo.. Breeding facility for canned-hunts..?

RE: Tiger Directory - paul cooper - 02-01-2018

WHO IS THIS

RE: Tiger Directory - Rishi - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 08:52 AM)paul cooper Wrote: WHO IS THIS

That's Jai. He's (probably) dead now...

RE: Tiger Directory - paul cooper - 02-03-2018

Who is this half male half female tiger?

RE: Tiger Directory - SuSpicious - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 04:23 PM)paul cooper Wrote: Who is this half male half female tiger?

Looks like a female from northern India. mostly terai region. That is if this is a legit photo. Hope others can share their views.

RE: Tiger Directory - Rishi - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 06:57 PM)SuSpiciouS Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 04:23 PM)paul cooper Wrote: Who is this half male half female tiger?

Looks like a female from northern India. mostly terai region. That is if this is a legit photo. Hope others can share their views.

That skull is typical of Corbett... @paul cooper Where'd you find her?

RE: Tiger Directory - parvez - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 07:21 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 06:57 PM)SuSpiciouS Wrote:

That skull is typical of Corbett. @"paul cooper" Where'd you find her?
I agree, it is mostly from Corbett or may be some other parts of terai like rajaji, philibit etc.

RE: Tiger Directory - Rishi - 02-04-2018

Jamun tola male (t-24), Kanha.
©Mahesh Kumar

BTW, that northern tigress seems taller than him.

RE: Tiger Directory - Wolverine - 02-04-2018

(02-03-2018, 07:21 PM)Rishi Wrote: That skull is typical of Corbett... @paul cooper Where'd you find her?
My friend, you obviously don't have very high opinion about Corbett tigers...
And how looks like a typical Corbett's tiger skull? Joking

If that guy in the photo appears on official advertisement of CTR perhaps a lot of tourists will cancel their safaris there....

(02-04-2018, 10:53 AM)Wolverine Wrote: My friend, you obviously don't have very high opinion about Corbett tigers...
And how looks like a typical Corbett's tiger skull? Joking

If that guy in the photo appears on official advertisement of CTR perhaps a lot of tourists will cancel their safaris there....
(02-03-2018, 04:23 PM)paul cooper Wrote:

It has nothing to do with height of opinion. 
That look is commonest in Corbett tigers, with a angled forehead being one of the key features. Even Khali had that...

I mean, it's just my personal quackery, but works for me. I've had a fairly decent success rate in identifying tigers.

Let's wait for @paul cooper's reply & see if it worked this time.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-04-2018

Good guess @Rishi, she is indeed a Corbett tigress. I cross checked Parwali and Sharmili. its not those two but it is definitely a female from Corbett.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-04-2018

this makes me wonder if we should do a weekly quiz to see if people can recognize tigers from different parts of India?

okay so I'll start, you don't have to get the tiger name right (bonus if you can) and if you can identify which park the tiger belongs to. that would be enough. first one to get it right wins. 

(02-04-2018, 01:20 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: this makes me wonder if we should do a weekly quiz to see if people can recognize tigers from different parts of India?

Count me in...

Also, almost invariably of western Terai (Rajaji to Ramnagar) tigers tend to have perfectly round cheek. Like this:

Actually i can't remember any exceptions!