WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - zain.azam - 06-09-2016

Munna was the only male. It's been a while since I went to Kanha. I saw another male while on elephant back, but no idea about the name as I wasn't that interested in individual tigers at the time.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 06-10-2016

A new Male tiger was spotted in Prince's territory @ Pench Tiger Reserves..

It was really a good day with loads of time spend with this beautiful Beast.

A wonderful trip with lots of siting with the group of The Lost Wilderness. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Who is this boy? This is the 2nd image I've seen of him... I'd love to know his lineage

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 06-10-2016

Thats not a new male, thats the prince of Sillari area himself aka Samrat.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 06-10-2016

Bor Tiger Reserve

RE: Tiger Directory - GuateGojira - 06-26-2016

(04-14-2016, 02:09 PM)Apollo Wrote: RIP Blue Eye

Ohhhhh, that is very sad Disappointed

Blue eyes was not very large, judging by the video. He looks average. How old he was?

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 06-28-2016

Short Film on Collarwali aka Mata rani aka Queen of Pench is probably the most famous Tiger from Pench National Park.
She was christened collarwali when she was fitted with a radio collar by the forest department to research on her.
Today the collar is inactive but the name continues.
The locals prefer to call her Mata rani as she is a prolific breeder having successfully littered 22 cubs. She is bold, charismatic and a fearless mother. Having fought and defended her cubs to adult hood.
Currently she has 2 female cubs around 14 months near the Alikata area of Pench and her previous litter of three occupies a close by area.
Just a few months back she was seen together with both litters making quite a large family for a cat.
On 14th June evening she was sighted near fire line water hole marking her territory and following her naughty one and getting it back to safer grounds with the other sibling.
And the very next morning was seen taking her cubs to Sitaghat to cool off.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 06-28-2016

Ravi Bandhavgarh

Mahaman Male

Bandhavgarh ( May 2016 )

He is quickly becoming one of my new favorites

Anjan Lal
Massive Mahaman Male Tiger at Magdhi Zone
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
India

From Feb:^^

Saily Gokhale
When your patience pays off and luck is on your side!

Mahaman Male
May 2016

Aloke Sharma

Mahaman Male, Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, 9th June 2016

The Big Boss of Magdhi Zone - Mahaman Male Tiger
India

Feb^^

Mahaman Male | Magdhi Zone | Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve —

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 06-29-2016

Eleven-Year-Old Tigress (T-11) Found Dead in Ranthambore

There is sad news for the supporters of wildlife as on Saturday (25th June 2016) in wee hours, an 11-year-old tigress, also known as T 11, was found dead in the Ranthambore National Park. According to the forest officials, it appears to be a natural death as no body part is missing. A board of three doctors has been constituted for the postmortem, which will take place in the presence of representatives from the district administration, police, local NGOs and others as per the protocol.

Y K Sahu, field director, Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve disclosed to media that the tigress body was found by the forest guard in Naipur, which is a remote area and is hardly visited by tourists. It’s a commendable effort by the staff on tracking as the body was just a day or two old and had not been eaten by maggots. The carcass was sent for postmortem; adding that there are no injury marks and also primary evidence does not suggest poisoning.
T-11 was the daughter of T 9 and had given birth to seven cubs. 

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 07-05-2016

Mastigudi Male Tiger vs Elephant

we saw a Tiger crouching inside a bush to hunt wild gaur (Bison) which was across the road. But due to some reason it gave up the idea & walked into the open backwaters & decided to take a power nap. When the tiger was sleeping, a huge elephant tusker comes grazing towards the tiger & the tiger gets up from the sleep.. what a thrilling scene for a photographer the big titans of wildlife kingdom are face to face. As a photographer never missed the chance to capture. Both of them showed their aggression & may be tiger's sleepy mood was not interested to fight back. 

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 07-08-2016

Rituraj Jaiswal
#clawgreenweek

bandavghar new kankata male son of bamera June 30 ,16

Rajbir Manjit Singh Oberoi
T 83 Lightning : The Show Stopper.

Jun 2016
RTR, Rajasthan

Kabir Shah
Dotty,
Bandhavgarh,
May 2016.

RE: Tiger Directory - zain.azam - 07-11-2016

A tiger has been found dead in Agarzari buffer Zone in Tadoba.

The tiger was very old and couldn't recover from injuries sustained in a territorial fight. The body was found many days later (as buffer zone is closed for tourism at the moment), rotting in a small pool, so indentification hasn't been confirmed yet. The old tiger's teeth had worn out and my contacts in Tadoba (guides and drivers) are fearing it's the legendary Wagdoh.

But I'm not sure if it can be Wagdoh based on the fact that he hasn't gone into Agarzari zone for a while now because of Khali and I doubt he'd want to go back there and challenge him in his old age. However, if a new Male chased Wagdoh out of his new territory, then maybe Wagdoh had no choice but to try his luck in Agarzari again. Might be hopeful thinking, But I somehow doubt it's Wagdoh who died.

RE: Tiger Directory - zain.azam - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 02:32 PM)zain.azam Wrote: A tiger has been found dead in Agarzari buffer Zone in Tadoba.

The tiger was very old and couldn't recover from injuries sustained in a territorial fight. The body was found many days later (as buffer zone is closed for tourism at the moment), rotting in a small pool, so indentification hasn't been confirmed yet. The old tiger's teeth had worn out and my contacts in Tadoba (guides and drivers) are fearing it's the legendary Wagdoh.

But I'm not sure if it can be Wagdoh based on the fact that he hasn't gone into Agarzari zone for a while now because of Khali and I doubt he'd want to go back there and challenge him in his old age. However, if a new Male chased Wagdoh out of his new territory, then maybe Wagdoh had no choice but to try his luck in Agarzari again. Might be hopeful thinking, But I somehow doubt it's Wagdoh who died.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 07-13-2016

Hi @zain.azam ,
Regarding the dead tiger in Tadoba buffer, its not Waghdoh but a different tiger.
The stripe pattern of the dead tiger didnt match with any known tigers in Tadoba buffer this was confirmed by the Deputy Director of Tadoba Mr. Gajendra Narwane.
Waghdoh is well and good and was sighted couple of days ago.

Gabbar mating with Maya after the territorial dispute with Matkasur.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 07-17-2016

Excellent video on Ustaad (T24).
Its a must watch video.
In the video we can see Ustaad and Noor walking side by side, I guess you can use that shot for weight estimations.
Enjoy the video.

RE: Tiger Directory - shaileshsharadnaik - 07-17-2016

(07-11-2016, 02:38 PM)zain.azam Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 02:32 PM)zain.azam Wrote: A tiger has been found dead in Agarzari buffer Zone in Tadoba.

Friends

that's good news that its not waghdoh male. Bad news of a tiger death though.