WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Vijay Rajan - 04-21-2016

(04-21-2016, 02:34 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: I always thought Bittu and Srinvasa were Jaichand's siblings but looks like i had it mixed up, so the other 2 male brothers of Jaichand are the ones running around with no names i suppose? same with the female, besides her picture. theres literally no name for her. very Interesting and thanks for clearing the confusion.

You're most welcome Roflcopters.

The 3 siblings (2 Males & 1 Female) of Jaichand have not been given names as of now.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-21-2016

@Vijay Rajan

Its always a pleasure reading your posts.
Thanks for enlightening us with these knowledgeable information.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-21-2016

(04-21-2016, 02:10 PM)Vijay Rajan Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 01:39 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Out of the 4 cubs, Bittu and Srinivasa stay together mostly and hunt together at times. The female cub of chandi is very bold and prefers to do her own thing. Jaichand is the biggest out of all the male cubs and he often follows Jai around and is probably going to be a serious threat to Jai in a few years. 

Vijay @ 

Is there any source for the weights? Thats pretty huge given their little age but it doesnt surprise me. Jai and Chandis cubs are the biggest I have seen from Central India.

Roflcopters,

Kindly note, Jaichand & Bittu/Srinivasa are from 2 different litters sired by Jai.

Tigress Chandi had delivered 4 cubs in her previous litter (3 Males, the largest of them being Jaichand + 1 Female). While Jaichand left the family early & began venturing out to other parts of his father's territory upto Gotangaon, the remaining 3 (2 males & the female cub) sort of stick around each other even now and do not seem to venture out of Chandi's territory at all.

The Gothangaon Tigress T-6 had delivered a litter of 2 Male cubs (Bittu & Srinivasa) in late 2014 and the duo stays together more on the Gothangaon side (their mother's prime territory) with frequent forays into Karhandla side of the park namely Gaipani, Swami tippat, Pullar gate upto Khitadi mandir. Interestingly, this area is currently being shared by Chandi's cubs too with no recorded confrontations between them as of now.

It's difficult to get hold of official records on the measurement of individuals who were immobilised for radio-collaring purpose. However, the Hon.Wildlife Warden Mr.Karoo who was present during the entire operation was kind enough to share the info. As you rightly say, those certainly are above average weights for cubs of that age.

I know it's very difficult to tell but I was curious in your opinion, who are some of the largest males you have seen in person?

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-21-2016

Mutkasur Male
Jamni Area
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

*This image is copyright of its original author

Pandu at Jamni Area
India

Pandu...in February

Is Pandu the same as Mutkasur and if so, is he said to be the son of Saturn or Namdev?

T-19 Krishna Tigress (Machli's Daughter)
Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
India
‪#‎ClaWSheCat‬
Photo: Anjan Lal

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-22-2016

Soumyajit Nandy
The Little Aggression!

Dhamdhama females's female cub
Khitouli zone
April 2016 

RE: Tiger Directory - Vijay Rajan - 04-22-2016

(04-21-2016, 09:10 PM)Apollo Wrote: @Vijay Rajan

Its always a pleasure reading your posts.
Thanks for enlightening us with these knowledgeable information.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

(04-21-2016, 09:49 PM)Pckts Wrote: Mutkasur Male
Jamni Area
India

Pandu at Jamni Area
India

Pandu...in February

Is Pandu the same as Mutkasur and if so, is he said to be the son of Saturn or Namdev?

Pckts,

Spot on ! Pandu is the same as Mutkasur Male.

While most guides & drivers (who I'm afraid aren't particularly good at identifying their Tigers) reckon he belongs to the previous Panderpauni litter, is Maya's brother & hence call him "Pandu", many Lodge owners & their naturalists believe he is from a Kolara litter (sired by Namdev or Saturn) & named him "Mutkasur' after the area he was first sighted in. IMHO, he could be Saturn's son. 

It's hard to ascertain his lineage since there is no photographic record of him as a cub. His occasional meet-up with Maya & cubs spices things up.

Here is the dashing duo of Umred Karhandla from February 2016.

Bittu is seated in the front while Srini is seated behind. 

Notice the marginal difference in their overall size, especially the head.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-22-2016

very interesting, how do you think these two compare with their half brother Jaichand? based on all the photo evidence, Jaichand seems to give the same feeling that jai once did as a cub in Nagzira. Abnormally huge for a cub and now with verified weights of both bittu and srinivasa, this makes me curious. I mean how often do you find male tiger cubs that reach their mom's size at 16-17 months of age and weigh 127-138kg. 

P.S i agree, all the photographic evidence of Matkasur male entering from Kolara side while Namdev was the ruling male of the area and was tolerating him is a strong hint to most that maybe he is indeed Namdev's son.

(04-22-2016, 01:47 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: very interesting, how do you think these two compare with their half brother Jaichand? based on all the photo evidence, Jaichand seems to give the same feeling that jai once did as a cub in Nagzira. Abnormally huge for a cub and now with verified weights of both bittu and srinivasa, this makes me curious. I mean how often do you find male tiger cubs that reach their mom's size at 16-17 months of age and weigh 127-138kg. 

P.S i agree, all the photographic evidence of Matkasur male entering from Kolara side while Namdev was the ruling male of the area and was tolerating him is a strong hint to most that maybe he is indeed Namdev's son.

Roflcopters,

IMO, Jaichand is a tad taller, longer & larger framed than Bittu but being Jai's progeny I wouldn't rule the latter out from catching up with Jaichand within a year or so. The chances of Jaichand too getting Radio-collared in the near future are high due to his frequent forays to the other side (Gothangaon) of the park. In case that happens, I'd be pleased to share his exact weight.

I couldn't agree with you more on Matkasur's probable lineage. 

RE: Tiger Directory - parvez - 04-22-2016

My once dream tiger,  PTR10, big guy neverthless,

Where is he from? @parvez
He looks like an Assam tiger with that big head of his.

(04-22-2016, 08:52 PM)Pckts Wrote: Where is he from? @parvez
He looks like an Assam tiger with that big head of his.

He is from Nameri, yes from Assam. Once i predicted him to be the biggest tiger in the world.

He's a big boy but it's way to hard to determine one tigers size compared to every other based soley on images.

@Pckts Yes, that was once upon a time.  Now I consider him to be just another big tiger. That's all. I know much bigger tigers are there in other parts of India as well.