WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-14-2016

RIP Blue Eye

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-16-2016

Hi guys,

Its about the latest images I posted of Sultan, which infact is not Sultan but another male called T58.
Both these males had quite similar stripe pattern which led to this confusion.
I guess I became very excited when I saw the name Sultan, hence I didnt compare the stripe pattern.

Anyways Thanks to  Shasanka Nanda and Vijayarajan Muthu for clarifying it.

Cheers

RE: Tiger Directory - Shardul - 04-16-2016

T-72 in Kailadevi (wonder what those spots on his body are)

Credits to Dharmendra Khandal

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153036734589649&set=a.10152494036279649.1073741851.628029648&type=3&theater

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Shardul - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 12:06 AM)Apollo Wrote: Hi guys,

Its about the latest images I posted of Sultan, which infact is not Sultan but another male called T58.
Both these males had quite similar stripe pattern which led to this confusion.
I guess I became very excited when I saw the name Sultan, hence I didnt compare the stripe pattern.

Anyways Thanks to  Shasanka Nanda and Vijayarajan Muthu for clarifying it.

Cheers

I can understand. The ranthambhore tigers do all look similar.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 12:21 AM)Shardul Wrote: T-72 in Kailadevi (wonder what those spots on his body are)

Credits to Dharmendra Khandal

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153036734589649&set=a.10152494036279649.1073741851.628029648&type=3&theater

Great find... there's Sultan!

I to am curious as to the cause of those bumps.... hopefully just fat masses and nothing more.

Soumyajit Nandy

This is Virat, other son of Sharmili. Unlike Pandit, he is extremely shy and is generally seen in company of his brother only. He too is a gorgeous male and one of the to-be-much-sought-after tiger in Bijrani.
February 2016
Canon 7D and Canon 300mm f2.8L IS USM

and this is Pandit

Pandit looks back at Virat to check out if the later is following him or not!
Pandit and Virat are the two sons of Sharmili who generally used to move around together. These two have grown up into massive males who will be much sought after in the coming days in Bijrani. Virat is shy type whereas Pandit is quite bold and love to pose for the photographers!
February 2016
Canon 7D and Canon 300mm f2.8L IS USM

Male tiger crossing Ramganga river

Though I have photographed 53 different individuals so far, my luck with big males still needs to click (apart from Sundarban where I have mostly photographed big males). In this occasion, though I got to see and photograph this big male, the distance was too much to make a decent image of him!

March 2016
Canon 7D and Canon 300mm f2.8L IS USM + 2TC III — with Shamshad Ali at Jim Corbett National Park.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-18-2016

Tigers of Pench
PC credit: Sameer Patel
"Tigers of Pench. Langdi is missing in the frame though. Couldnt get her head shot.
All photos clicked by Monu Dubey Pench."

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-19-2016

Sub adult Tiger siblings( males), Bittu and Shrinavas, Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, April 2016

RE: Tiger Directory - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-20-2016

(04-19-2016, 09:10 PM) Wrote: PcktsSub adult Tiger siblings( males), Bittu and Shrinavas, Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, April 2016

The one on right collared is ; the big daddy itself. Its Jai and one of his cubs; Srinivas.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-20-2016

@shaileshsharadnaik
They actually collared the cubs and I in fact asked about his weight but haven't heard back as of yet

Here's the link
http://m.timesofindia.com/city/nagpur/Two-more-young-Umred-tigers-radio-collared/articleshow/51464465.cms

RE: Tiger Directory - Vijay Rajan - 04-21-2016

(04-20-2016, 07:43 PM)Pckts is right. That\s Bittu (not Jai) & Srinivas in the photo.Both siblings have been radio-collared in the last week of March'16. While Bittu weighed in at 138 Kgs, Srinivas weighed in at 127 Kgs. Pckts Wrote: @shaileshsharadnaik
They actually collared the cubs and I in fact asked about his weight but haven't heard back as of yet

Here's the link
http://m.timesofindia.com/city/nagpur/Two-more-young-Umred-tigers-radio-collared/articleshow/51464465.cms

Pckts is right. That\s Bittu (not Jai) & Srinivas in the photo.Both siblings have been radio-collared in the last week of March'16. While Bittu weighed in at 138 Kgs, Srinivas weighed in at 127 Kgs.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-21-2016

Wow, awesome stuff @vijay rajan
Very healthy sizes for both the youngsters. How old are they now?
Judging from their size and photographic history I would guess 14-16mth range?

(04-21-2016, 08:53 AM)Pckts Wrote: Wow, awesome stuff @vijay rajan
Very healthy sizes for both the youngsters. How old are they now?
Judging from their size and photographic history I would guess 14-16mth range?

Pckts, they were photographed for the 1st time as 7-8 week old cubs in End-January 2015. So they should be around 17 odd months old now.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-21-2016

Chandi's female cub from T1 aka Balram died on October,26, 2014 and two weeks prior Chandi had given birth to Jai's four cubs. (Completely abandoning her previous cub) so Im guessing first week of October 2014 is when they were actually born. their exact age should be around 19 months. 

Out of the 4 cubs, Bittu and Srinivasa stay together mostly and hunt together at times. The female cub of chandi is very bold and prefers to do her own thing. Jaichand is the biggest out of all the male cubs and he often follows Jai around and is probably going to be a serious threat to Jai in a few years. 

Vijay @ 

Is there any source for the weights? Thats pretty huge given their little age but it doesnt surprise me. Jai and Chandis cubs are the biggest I have seen from Central India.

(04-21-2016, 01:39 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Out of the 4 cubs, Bittu and Srinivasa stay together mostly and hunt together at times. The female cub of chandi is very bold and prefers to do her own thing. Jaichand is the biggest out of all the male cubs and he often follows Jai around and is probably going to be a serious threat to Jai in a few years. 

Vijay @ 

Is there any source for the weights? Thats pretty huge given their little age but it doesnt surprise me. Jai and Chandis cubs are the biggest I have seen from Central India.

Roflcopters,

Kindly note, Jaichand & Bittu/Srinivasa are from 2 different litters sired by Jai.

Tigress Chandi had delivered 4 cubs in her previous litter (3 Males, the largest of them being Jaichand + 1 Female). While Jaichand left the family early & began venturing out to other parts of his father's territory upto Gotangaon, the remaining 3 (2 males & the female cub) sort of stick around each other even now and do not seem to venture out of Chandi's territory at all.

The Gothangaon Tigress T-6 had delivered a litter of 2 Male cubs (Bittu & Srinivasa) in late 2014 and the duo stays together more on the Gothangaon side (their mother's prime territory) with frequent forays into Karhandla side of the park namely Gaipani, Swami tippat, Pullar gate upto Khitadi mandir. Interestingly, this area is currently being shared by Chandi's cubs too with no recorded confrontations between them as of now.

It's difficult to get hold of official records on the measurement of individuals who were immobilised for radio-collaring purpose. However, the Hon.Wildlife Warden Mr.Karoo who was present during the entire operation was kind enough to share the info. As you rightly say, those certainly are above average weights for cubs of that age.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-21-2016

I always thought Bittu and Srinvasa were Jaichand's siblings but looks like i had it mixed up, so the other 2 male brothers of Jaichand are the ones running around with no names i suppose? same with the female, besides her picture. theres literally no name for her. very Interesting and thanks for clearing the confusion.