WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-02-2016

I'll look around for more info on him tomorrow, maybe @Rage2277 or @Roflcopters can help?

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 04-02-2016

that's kingfisher no doubt

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-02-2016

(04-02-2016, 11:22 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: that's kingfisher no doubt

Is kingfisher a son of Munna?

RE: Tiger Directory - Polar - 04-02-2016

(03-30-2016, 11:24 PM)Pckts Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

PC Credit: Daanish Shastri
Bheem, bold and beautiful
All those of you who travelled to Corbett between 2013-2015 had probably seen or heard about the family of tigers being sighted at Gairal. Bheem was the male cub of the family. He was one tiger who wasn't at all scared of cars. If anything, his inquisitiveness used to drive him to come onto the road to come and watch the vehicles.
This was one of my favourite and most memorable sightings not only of Bheem but also of a tiger. After 2 days of hard work, we had only 2 glimpses of Bheem and his sister. No sightings which got my shutter to smile. On our way back to Gairal, the road was on the edge of the hill with a steep drop to the right and a cliff on the left. Suddenly, my driver Arif shouts " Tiger! " and he slammed the breaks. Simultaneously, Bheem slammed his breaks... The stones and mud from under his feet fell onto my head. We then moved the Car ahead and Bheem just stood there, where he had stopped, examining the entire river bed 40-50 meters below from the vantage point he was at. And from my point of view, the tiger was literally above me.
EOS 70D, 100-400mm IS I. Dhikala, Corbett NP.

Pundit

Biggest son of Charamma, Pundit is truly a hulk.

EOS 7d mark ii, 100-400mm IS ii. Bijrani, Corbett NP.

Sambha and Paaro
The evil Sambhar road male with Paaro, the mother of two cubs. The male and female were seen together as a mating pair for 4 days on sambhar road. This scary looking male is not the father to her current litter and that is why she keeps bring him back to Sambhar road, away from her cubs. Corbett truly shows some interesting behaviour of tigers which fails almost all studies that have been done on the mammal.
EOS 7d mark ii, 100-400mm IS ii. Dhikala, Corbett NP.

The last part about Corbett showing the true and typical individualistic behavior of tigers is a fact. Many scientific studies and research papers fail to prove this truth.

Also, I've never heard of the Pundit tiger. Who was Pundit's father? Maybe he looks like he will take a large sum of territory some day due to his bulkiness.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-03-2016

Vinish Wazir

This guy actually came looking for us !!!
We were moving around during our safari when we thought we heard a sambhar call. We stopped our gypsy and started looking down the cliff from where the sound came but couldn't see anything. Then we heard couple of more sambhar calls and then the sound of sambhar's running in water. We were pretty sure there was a tiger around. We decided to go and check below from the sound was coming from. However, we couldn't see anything due to thick foliage so decided to go back to our original place. That's where we saw him standing, exactly the same spot where we were earlier.
Male cub of T19
RTR, Mar'16

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-04-2016

T-19 battling for her territory with her daughter Bijli at Ranthambhore National Park.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-06-2016

Tigress from Kabini

Raja from Bandipur

RIP Baghinnala from Pench

Tigress from Melghat Tiger Reserve

Subadult male tiger T74 from Ranthambore

Tigress from Corbett

We missed this female on Day 1. She came out minutes after we crossed Mota Saal and sat on the track for almost an hour. Few other people saw and photographed her. So we decided to spend some time in the grassland on Day 2 morning. We saw some pugmarks at Amla Tiraha and were waiting there when the forest came alive with Cheetal alarm calls. We anticipated some action to happen near the Thandi Sadak watch tower as the calls came from that side itself. So we went to Tungbhoji and after a few minutes wait she emerged out of the thickets. She crossed the track thrice before vanishing towards Bichhubhoji.

Old warrior Munna from Kanha

Male tiger crossing Ramganga river at Dhikala, Corbett

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-08-2016

Mahman Male

Who is this guy?

RE: Tiger Directory - parvez - 04-11-2016

Katarniaghat tiger,

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-12-2016

Big Daddy Waghdoh and is family in one shot at Tadoba

Handsome Fateh from Ranthambore

The brave Sultan (T72) from Ranthambore.
Wow what a good looking male he turned out to be.

The male cub Baahubali from Bandhavgarh.
He is the son of late Kankatti.

Young male from Tipeshwar Wildlife Santuary

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-13-2016

Pckts, do you remember Sultan (T72) growing up on the old forums? look at him now, hes all grown up and ready to rule Ranthambore. Apollo, any idea as to where he was sighted? for those of you that are unaware, Sultan is the son of T24 aka Ustaad and Noor T39. I wonder if Sultan (T72) is going to be playing his cards in the tourism zone. hes grown into a giant just like many of us predicted, he was truly an exceptional cub while growing up. the attutude, the braveness, very bold, playful and was even spotted on occassions with both mother and father. this is probably one of the best sightings of 2016, very excited.

Apollo: do you mind posting sultans new pictures on the b2 topic? I think a lot of the anonymous users that are loyal to that topic would love to see him again. 

Tfs

RE: Tiger Directory - Shardul - 04-13-2016

Sultan's most recent sighting was in Kailadevi Sanctuary, which I believe is not open to tourism.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-13-2016

I remember reading an article about him being sighted in Keladevi back in january, i didnt really believe it though. now with these pictures, theres concrete proof that he does exist in the region and might now be the resident male of the area.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-13-2016

I read an article back in january saying that Sultan is being sighted frequently in the Kailadevi Sanctuary and the officials of the Kailadevi Sanctuary said the tiger is seen heading towards the Dagra Plateau region.

According to the article Sultan was reported to have left his territory of Amreshwar region in the park to migrate to Kaildevi Sanctuary via Bhuri Pahadi and Taleda Range.

@Roflcopters

These sightings were from zone 6 of Ranthambore.
May be Sultan returned to take on Khumba this time.

Sultan in zone 6

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 06:11 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: Pckts, do you remember Sultan (T72) growing up on the old forums? look at him now, hes all grown up and ready to rule Ranthambore. Apollo, any idea as to where he was sighted? for those of you that are unaware, Sultan is the son of T24 aka Ustaad and Noor T39. I wonder if Sultan (T72) is going to be playing his cards in the tourism zone. hes grown into a giant just like many of us predicted, he was truly an exceptional cub while growing up. the attutude, the braveness, very bold, playful and was even spotted on occassions with both mother and father. this is probably one of the best sightings of 2016, very excited.

Apollo: do you mind posting sultans new pictures on the b2 topic? I think a lot of the anonymous users that are loyal to that topic would love to see him again. 

Tfs

You know I do, how could I forget this monster in the making!?

He must be a real sight to behold now, hes probably coming right into his prime.
May be a year or two away from the perfect tiger.
Also, he's developed quite the "mane" on him, he reminds me of Fateh.