WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Sully - 03-08-2016

Wow, you can say that again. Legends really do never die.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 03-08-2016

The elusive Pandu from Tadoba

*This image is copyright of its original author

Subadult male from Corbett (brother 1)

Another subadult male(Brother 2) from Corbett

Tiger charging in Corbett

RE: Tiger Directory - parvez - 03-08-2016

Unknown male tiger from Corbett,

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-14-2016

a little more on the Kankati male aka Bameras son aka Charger 2

Tiger In Thunderstorm - Bamera's Son
It was the 2nd day and the heavens still continued to pour......the forest was soaked in the rain. I least expected any sighting on my afternoon jaunting ride with a weather like this, when this guy came out on track and displayed us a demo of how to slurp water from the rain-filled puddle:-) seems he had a stuffed heavy meal!
As I stood there watching him, I was looking for the inbred traits of Bamera (his father), B2 (his grandfather) and Charger (his great-grandfather) in this young adult offspring of this family.
Bandhavgarh has an ancestry of dominant big cats.
Charger, an impressively huge cat, who was known for his aggressive charge on visitors and that is how he got his name. Charger showed his aggression often by blocking vehicles for hours by sitting on the road. He ruled over the bandhavgarh kingdom like no one until one day he lost the battle with his own son B2 who threatened him for the supremacy over acquiring his territory.
B2 was a phenomenon that many wild lifers were pulled to bandhavgarh. He got his genes from his father-As aggressive and dominant like charger. As they rightly said, what goes around comes around, maybe that’s what happened with B2, he was pulled into a conflict by his young son Bamera who defeated him over dispute on territory. He is rarely seen after that.
This son of Bamera has sovereign power. Let’s hope that he keeps the legacy of his father, grandfather and great-grandfather and takes it forward to his next generation....
“The greatest legacy one can pass on to one's children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith”

RE: Tiger Directory - anand3690 - 03-16-2016

(03-14-2016, 11:48 PM)Pckts Wrote: a little more on the Kankati male aka Bameras son aka Charger 2

Tiger In Thunderstorm - Bamera's Son
It was the 2nd day and the heavens still continued to pour......the forest was soaked in the rain. I least expected any sighting on my afternoon jaunting ride with a weather like this, when this guy came out on track and displayed us a demo of how to slurp water from the rain-filled puddle:-) seems he had a stuffed heavy meal!
As I stood there watching him, I was looking for the inbred traits of Bamera (his father), B2 (his grandfather) and Charger (his great-grandfather) in this young adult offspring of this family.
Bandhavgarh has an ancestry of dominant big cats.
Charger, an impressively huge cat, who was known for his aggressive charge on visitors and that is how he got his name. Charger showed his aggression often by blocking vehicles for hours by sitting on the road. He ruled over the bandhavgarh kingdom like no one until one day he lost the battle with his own son B2 who threatened him for the supremacy over acquiring his territory.
B2 was a phenomenon that many wild lifers were pulled to bandhavgarh. He got his genes from his father-As aggressive and dominant like charger. As they rightly said, what goes around comes around, maybe that’s what happened with B2, he was pulled into a conflict by his young son Bamera who defeated him over dispute on territory. He is rarely seen after that.
This son of Bamera has sovereign power. Let’s hope that he keeps the legacy of his father, grandfather and great-grandfather and takes it forward to his next generation....
“The greatest legacy one can pass on to one's children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith”

Is this the Banbehi male???

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-16-2016

Not sure, they just call him Kankati Male or Charger 2 from what I have seen.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-21-2016

Varun Thakkar

During the pre Jay era from Umred Karandla (UK).

This guy was " balram" AKA T1 .
This was just the start of umred karandla wildlife sanctuary, may be one of the very 1st tiger images that came out from UK by a tourist.
Hardly a handful of vehicles were seen inside the park that time. It was peaceful .....
T1 Aka Balram .....He was a good looking smart male tiger, Seen in the karandla range before Jay came in. It is said that he fathered all the previous litter's of the Tigress Chandi. Even this time chandi was being seen with 3 cubs fathered by him. But later 2 cubs were killed by jay and 1 female cub died of Starvation.
I saw this male thrice in UK. But he was suddenly lost when jay migrated from Nagzira to UK. In fact jay dragged away all the male tigers away after his grand entry in UK.
Hope to see balram once again if i am lucky enough.
— at Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-28-2016

TigerWalah:

"Tough days ahead ...Pacman aka male cub of T19 from current litter. This young lad has recently received piece of mind from his own father and dominant male of area T28 which means his days in current territory are almost over. Soon he would embark on a journey which every male needs to undertake, search for his own land and lady. Here's wishing him a bright and safe future in days ahead."

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-28-2016

"Time will make him an Excellent Tiger"
Son of Jai now satellite and radio collared on the verge of dispersal soon he will make territory of his own.. Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary( UKWLS) has established corridors with Navegaon Nagzira tiger reserve, Tadoba(TATR) and Bor Tiger reserve via Pohara Amravati near Melghat Tiger reserve.. It would be interesting to study the connectivity of the forest patches and dispersal of these individuals from UKWLS, who knows one will reach Pench Tiger Reserve or Satpoda tiger reserve some day..
At Gothangaon range of Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, near Nagpur, March, 2016.
Please view in full screen
www.vinitarora.com

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-30-2016

PC Credit: Daanish Shastri
Bheem, bold and beautiful
All those of you who travelled to Corbett between 2013-2015 had probably seen or heard about the family of tigers being sighted at Gairal. Bheem was the male cub of the family. He was one tiger who wasn't at all scared of cars. If anything, his inquisitiveness used to drive him to come onto the road to come and watch the vehicles.
This was one of my favourite and most memorable sightings not only of Bheem but also of a tiger. After 2 days of hard work, we had only 2 glimpses of Bheem and his sister. No sightings which got my shutter to smile. On our way back to Gairal, the road was on the edge of the hill with a steep drop to the right and a cliff on the left. Suddenly, my driver Arif shouts " Tiger! " and he slammed the breaks. Simultaneously, Bheem slammed his breaks... The stones and mud from under his feet fell onto my head. We then moved the Car ahead and Bheem just stood there, where he had stopped, examining the entire river bed 40-50 meters below from the vantage point he was at. And from my point of view, the tiger was literally above me.
EOS 70D, 100-400mm IS I. Dhikala, Corbett NP.

Pundit

Biggest son of Charamma, Pundit is truly a hulk.

EOS 7d mark ii, 100-400mm IS ii. Bijrani, Corbett NP.

Sambha and Paaro
The evil Sambhar road male with Paaro, the mother of two cubs. The male and female were seen together as a mating pair for 4 days on sambhar road. This scary looking male is not the father to her current litter and that is why she keeps bring him back to Sambhar road, away from her cubs. Corbett truly shows some interesting behaviour of tigers which fails almost all studies that have been done on the mammal.
EOS 7d mark ii, 100-400mm IS ii. Dhikala, Corbett NP.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-31-2016

Raja ram..Son of the famous Munna..current dominant Male in Mukki zone..May 2015 Kanha..

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 04-01-2016

Pandu male tiger from Tadoba

Ringora-wali Female

This sighting will remain etched in my memory for the lifetime as this is one of those shy tigers of Corbett which avoids Gypsys. My target in Bijrani this time was this particular female and for that I spent all the 4 days in Ringora area. It was a tough hunt which included a lot of patience and sacrifices (sighting of Sharmili and her grown up cubs are relatively easier, but I didn't go for them). I missed this female during my first safari itself and finally on my last safari I managed to get her. Icing on the cake was her head-on walk on the track towards my Gypsy!

Beautiful looking female tigress named Mah from Pench

Srinivas subadult male from Umredh

When Jai turned up at UKWLS and claimed it for his own, he impregnated all 3 adult females in the area. Today a majority of his offspring are large male sub-adults. Among them, Bittu and Srinivas are among the most outgoing and the FD has recently collared them to track their movements as they separate from their mother. They might challenge Jai for control over a part of the park. How the story unfolds, remains to be seen.

RE: Tiger Directory - anand3690 - 04-01-2016

(03-31-2016, 11:54 PM)Pckts Wrote: Raja ram..Son of the famous Munna..current dominant Male in Mukki zone..May 2015 Kanha..
Is this Chhota Munna??

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-01-2016

I'm not sure, he looks a bit older to me and I don't think chotta munna has those scars on his nose.
Chotta Munna is link 7, correct?

RE: Tiger Directory - anand3690 - 04-02-2016

(04-01-2016, 10:14 PM)Pckts Wrote: I'm not sure, he looks a bit older to me and I don't think chotta munna has those scars on his nose.
Chotta Munna is link 7, correct?

Thanks for replying.
Yap link 7. Can you please tell me ID of this guy?