WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - sanjay - 11-05-2015

I posted the information here http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-bigcats-news?pid=14927#pid14927

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Sully - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 10:06 PM)Pckts Wrote: B2 wasn't even the dominant male brother, he was smaller and less dominant than B1. There is a image of B1 pseudo dominating B2 in the directory forum. Its a shame that the brothers got lost in the fray, but at least we got the story of B2.

Yea, I heard B1 and B3 were bigger, but B2 just had that charm, everyone's favourite.

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Pantherinae - 11-06-2015

(11-05-2015, 10:11 PM)SVTIGRIS Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 10:06 PM)Pckts Wrote: B2 wasn't even the dominant male brother, he was smaller and less dominant than B1. There is a image of B1 pseudo dominating B2 in the directory forum. Its a shame that the brothers got lost in the fray, but at least we got the story of B2.

Yea, I heard B1 and B3 were bigger, but B2 just had that charm, everyone's favourite.

I do also think that The brothers where far more shy and did not have territory inside The tourist zone.

Please note, Bamera was tranquillized & sent to the Bahera enclosure located in Magdhi on the late afternoon of 2nd November.
Apparently, it seems that the Chief Wildlife Warden was left with no other option due to the immense pressure by the villagers of Thauni who were agitated with Bamera due to his frequent cattle kills. The fact that the Forest Department normally pays only around Rs.6,000 - 8,000 /- (nearly $100)per cow didn't suffice for the villagers since the market rate of Bulls used for plowing land are usually in the price range of Rs. 22,000 - 25,000 /-. (nearly $400)
Another one down

this means an era is over for my favorite tiger Bamera he is now removed from the wild he had become a cattle killer. sad as hell, and hard to take for me personally, but the support of villagers are really important.

Wildfact tweeted this

B1 and wolf interaction 

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Sully - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 04:41 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: Please note, Bamera was tranquillized & sent to the Bahera enclosure located in Magdhi on the late afternoon of 2nd November.
Apparently, it seems that the Chief Wildlife Warden was left with no other option due to the immense pressure by the villagers of Thauni who were agitated with Bamera due to his frequent cattle kills. The fact that the Forest Department normally pays only around Rs.6,000 - 8,000 /- (nearly $100)per cow didn't suffice for the villagers since the market rate of Bulls used for plowing land are usually in the price range of Rs. 22,000 - 25,000 /-. (nearly $400)
Another one down

this means an era is over for my favorite tiger Bamera he is now removed from the wild he had become a cattle killer. sad as hell, and hard to take for me personally, but the support of villagers are really important.

Wildfact tweeted this

so we've lost both bamera and ustad to captivity...

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - JawaRumbia - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:14 PM)SVTIGRIS Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 04:41 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: Please note, Bamera was tranquillized & sent to the Bahera enclosure located in Magdhi on the late afternoon of 2nd November.
Another one down

Wildfact tweeted this

Bamera is a legend no doubt. By the way, is there any chances that Bamera were weighed? I'm really excited about this..

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Sully - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 05:24 AM)JawaRumbia Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 07:14 PM)SVTIGRIS Wrote:
Another one down

Wildfact tweeted this

Bamera is a legend no doubt. By the way, is there any chances that Bamera were weighed? I'm really excited about this..

I think pckts asked but i didn't catch the answer, you can ask him.

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Pckts - 11-07-2015

Sanjay was looking into it but I doubt he has heard anything back as of now.

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Apollo - 11-09-2015

@"SVTIGRIS"

There is already a thread "Tiger Directory" which deals with all these info on tigers of Bandhavgarh.
It would be better if we merge this thread with the tiger directory thread and move all this info there.
We can continue the discussion on Bandhavgarh tigers there.

RE: Legends of Bandhavgarh - Sully - 11-09-2015

@Apollo ok then

RE: Tiger Directory - shaileshsharadnaik - 11-10-2015

Hello,

Does anyone know this tigress. We clicked this in tadoba after the inside tadoba gate in March 14. She had 4 cubs; around 6 months old. Guide told us its devdoh tigress. I don't find any reference of her in Tiger nation too. Her pattern didn't match with any of tigresses known to me.

RE: Tiger Directory - sanjay - 11-10-2015

@shaileshsharadnaik , Awesome profile image. I love the member who use their original photo as profile pic, this add more credibility to your profile and specially when we talk. You are third person after me and abission  Like

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 11-10-2015

I'm searching in the same area you are @shaileshsharadnaik 

Hopefully Atul is able to ID

I initially thought it was this girl but obviously the wrong location and she has younger cubs than the tigress you show

Shivang Mehta

New blood in Pench MP... Baghin Nalah tigress with her latest brigade of 4 cubs. Image Courtesy - Sandeep Singh, Tribal Camp, Pench

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 12-01-2015

Photo Courtesy: Maj Naren Chalasani. This was the First Tiger seen on the First safari on the First day of the Parks opening for the season at around 6.30 AM and we were the first jeep to spot him. He was as startled to see us as we were to see him and then he casually walked onto the banks of the Telia Lake. His bulk was apparent and he looked like a strong tiger. It was a thrilling start to our season. © 

"that's bajrang the father of sonam's cubs "