WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - sanjay - 10-09-2015

What beast and handsome hunk

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-09-2015

Kahna is like the wild west of the Jungle. 
Always teaming with big bad males who are looking to challenge each other often.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 10-10-2015

Ive always said this in the past and now i finally witnessed Kingfisher aka Babathenga transformed into a giant male. clearly theres no doubt that hes the biggest known male from the tourism zone. even bigger than Bhima and both of Munna's sons in Mukki. All 4 of them are going pretty strong at the moment. It will be very interesting to see how the battlefield turns out and who bags the biggest territory. Very tough call.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-12-2015

Ajeet Gurditta to ‎Sanctuary Asia
October 5 at 1:24am ·

Meet the King of Mukki the mighty Bheema.
Kanha Rocking
‪#‎Meadows‬ With Ravi Naidu and Jitender Govindani
Oct 2015

*This image is copyright of its original author

Here is a great video on him
https://www.facebook.com/ajeetgurditta/videos/o.387096378163324/1055043621174876/?type=2&theater

He's a perfect Tiger, big, strong and beautiful.

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 10-12-2015

Completely lacks the scruff, even more so than the "clean-shaven" Kanha tigers I've seen. Some serious genetic drift is going on there.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 10:10 PM)tigerluver Wrote: Completely lacks the scruff, even more so than the "clean-shaven" Kanha tigers I've seen. Some serious genetic drift is going on there.

Apparently the "scruff" comes with age and they grow it and shed it depending on the time of year.(at least thats what I read from one photographer) Obviously some have more of it than others, but it depends on the tiger.
Kahna actually suffered quite a bit from lack of females, they think it could be why its so hostile there, so many mature males fighting over very few females. (Just a hypothesis) But I do believe its starting to gain more females as of late, but @Apollo or @Roflcopters would know better than I.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 10-19-2015

Bandhavgarh is one of my favourite tiger reserves from India.
B2 male tiger is the one which got me into this passion.
The video of B2 male crossing the road with its pumped up muscles always gives me goose bumps.

Regarding Bandhavgarh the tourism zone is divided into two

1) core tourism zone --> Tala, Magdhi and Khitauli zones

2) Buffer tourism zone --> Manpur, Panpatha and Dhamokhar

I don't have much idea on buffer tourism area

In Tala zone the dominant males are Bhagoda male and Chinkoo male.

In Magdhi zone the dominant males are Jobhi, Blue eyed male (holds a small territory and seen with injuries always), some say Mukunda male is seen in Magdhi but not sure though,  Bhagoda male (his territory  overlaps Tala and Magdhi).

In Khitauli zone the dominant males are Tarun aka Bheem and Rajbehra male.
The Rajbehra male is the one known to charge tourist vehicles.

Jobhi, Bhagoda, Rajbehra and Bamera male, all fought with Tarun and lost the fight.
At present Tarun is the biggest male in Bandhavgarh tourism zone.
There is no male in Bandhavgarh who can rival or challenge Tarun at the moment.
He is a very aggressive male who attacks any male in his path.
Everyone I knew were amazed by his shere size.
One of my friend said that whoever faces Tarun are left with nothing but injuries.
Tarun (Bheem) is a very massive male said to be as big as "Jai".

Some new images of Tarun (Bheem)

This is a old pic already posted but my favourite 

RE: Tiger Directory - Spalea - 10-20-2015

Really beautiful Tarun ...

RE: Tiger Directory - anand3690 - 10-21-2015

Is Chinkoo the Tala male seen recently?

RE: Tiger Directory - strana - 10-23-2015

(10-21-2015, 07:44 PM)anand3690 Wrote: Is Chinkoo the Tala male seen recently?

It is a nice question, because I think there are no news/pics of Chinkoo recently.
By the way, does anyone know how old are Kingfisher and Tarun ??
Kingfisher  looks like enormous, the biggest in Kanha, but I have heard that Chota Munna is already taller than him and becoming a powerful force.
Tarun is in fact amazing. Only a special tiger can beat so many adversaries, including Jobhi, who, I think, is also a very large animal.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-23-2015

I have also heard that Kingfisher isn't the largest there as well. And he is such a big tiger, here is what I read

"Anthony, did you manage any sighting on your trip? By now 4 males of Mukki have been seen: Bhima the giant was seen on the 2nd at Babathenga, followed by Kingfisher at Moala road (he retreated from Babathenga to this area after being injured by Uma male last year), and Uma male at Umarjhula. Then Chota Munna was also seen, chotta chatta pathra I think. Choti mada was also seen recently. In Kisli, Kankata was also seen on 11th, as was a new but very big young male. Munna was also seen and in good shape. Kanha is regaining its former shape. Sighting is getting better and better. "

"Btw, I think Kanha's revival is in full swing now. In the past 5 years it has suffered a lot and sighting gone down. But with the number of prime tigers emerging last season, this season is gonna be all Kanha. Munna has been sighted a few days ago fit and healthy, and the giant Karai Ghati male, supposedly the biggest of them all, has also shown himself. It's only gonna get better and better from here on. "

From Min ha

In regards to Tarun, he is probably one of my favorites atm. What a huge tiger he is, both his fights have shown him to be a massive boy. Especially against Jobhi who always was said to be huge and looked very small compared to Tarun, even suffered a loss of an eye for his troubles.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 10-23-2015

Thanks for bringing this up anand.

In my previous posts I did mention that Chinkoo and Mangu are the same male tiger.
But I guess I'm wrong, as per tigerwalahs Chinkoo aka Kalwah male and Mangu aka Munga male are two different tigers.
Im yet to see a pic or video of Chinkoo and based on the information he was not seen in Tala for some time and may be moved back to Kalwah area.

Regarding Mangu, he was the most dominant male in Tala. Mangu won the territorial disputes between Bamera and Jobhi.
Here is the pic and video of him.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101346485@N02/15934799594/in/photostream/

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 10-23-2015

(10-23-2015, 12:22 AM)strana Wrote:

It is a nice question, because I think there are no news/pics of Chinkoo recently.
By the way, does anyone know how old are Kingfisher and Tarun ??
Kingfisher  looks like enormous, the biggest in Kanha, but I have heard that Chota Munna is already taller than him and becoming a powerful force.
Tarun is in fact amazing. Only a special tiger can beat so many adversaries, including Jobhi, who, I think, is also a very large animal.

Hi strana,

First of all  I like to say that there are a lot of misguiding and misleading informations available all over internet.
In regards to Kanha tiger reserve there are a lot of Munna fan boys all over YouTube,  tigernation, forums etc.
They want to make Munna "a larger than life tiger".
I've seen these fanatics saying Konda, Banda, Naak kata are smaller than Munna.
But in reality these tigers were massive and larger than Munna.
The reason is Munna being very popular.
Similarly now these fanboys are trying to make Chotta Munna an icon.

I've read these fanboys saying kingfisher is a very small tiger, umarpani male tiger is massive in size with big head, Chotta Munna is taller and bigger than kingfisher male.
I also read that these guys saying kingfisher won't stand a chance against bisanpura male and mahavir male, but unfortunately these males vanished when kingfisher arrived.
The funny part is they say kingfisher is a very small tiger and umarpani male to be massive in size, but if you see the pics of the latest dispute between these two males we can clearly see kingfisher male being taller, longer, larger, with bigger head and chest girth than umarpani male tiger.
See the pics below Kingfisher male in the back umarpani in front.

Regarding Mukki zone, initially it was ruled by a dominant male called the thin stripe male aka bisanpura male.
But later he was challenged by Umarpani male, Kingfisher male and Bheema and subsequently lost the territory to these males.
After the takeover of Mukki  zone, the umarpani male remained the most dominant among the trio (He was also the oldest).
Then on Jan 2015 both Kingfisher and Umarpani went at each other, Kingfisher dominated the battle and both the males sustained injuries which were later treated by the forest officials (both these males fought several times).
Finally Umarpani settled on central area of Mukki and Kingfisher near Mukki gate.
Here is the video below

In the meantime Chotta Munna aka link 7 male came into picture, in Jan 2015 he fought with Bheema at Chota chatta pather road. Bheema was defeated in the fight and Chotta munna took control of most of Bheema's territory and his female. Later Chotta munna went onto challenge umarpani male, but lost the fight with injuries and disappeared for some time. Currently umarpani and chotta Munna holds the main central part of Mukki.
Kingfisher male to show his dominance over his territory killed two one year cubs of Mahavir female (but I'm not sure who fathered the cubs).

Mukki is a very volatile zone and anything can happen.
let's see what Kana holds for this season.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 10-24-2015

Kingfisher killed two of the Mahaveer female's cubs.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-24-2015

@Apollo

While Min ha may have been quick to exaggerate in past, he has recently gotten back from a Trip to Kahna, he has seen many of these tigers first hand. (Not sure if you are speaking of him directly, if not, I'm sorry)  But Im going to post his info about Munna and Kahna tigers in general. I know we have a thread dedicated to Munna already, this can be moved there if you'd like. But figured it was worth showing in response to the statement above.

Here is some info on Munna from Minha
" Re size, I always find Kanha tigers much bigger than BNP ones like Bamera Bokha etc. I even found tigers in Kanha larger than tadoba ones like Wagdoh or Yeda Anna. And Ravi Naidu has worked at kanha for several years plus he's highly praised by his peers as someone who knows tadoba like the back of his hand, so I decided to ask him what he thought of some indivdual tigers like Munna, Pattewala, wagdoh so on, all of which he has seen from time to time. He said Munna and Pattewala are the largest, with Munna being his favorite. Late last year a friend of mine on FB named Jason Fernandez who has seen Bamera and Wagdoh before at close quarters, managed to spot Munna after 4 years of tracking him. He said Munna is much bigger than Bamera, bigger than Wagdoh even and is the biggest he's seen. Ravi and Jason only stated the obvious, since kanha tiger's heads are the biggest I've seen, and the biggest tigers possess biggest heads, since head-to-standing-height ratios are pretty constant among all Bengal tigers."

leminh | over 1 year ago

And here is Kay

" Lots of interesting reading here. I will agree Kanha males are bigger than all in Bandhavgarh but dont believe the females are? As to a tough living in Kanha this is to do with dense forest and difficulty of hunting for sure as you suggest. I like the observation about sambar as I say sambar are prefered here too though Jhorjhora and Sita and Pyari being more linked to life in the meadow took a lot of chital before. Because meadows have changed or rather are now differently managed the tigers now hunt more on the fringes of the meadows and in the forest here and take more sambar, wild boar and are even tackling small gaur now though not too successfully.I agree Soo you would think big food would mean big body but maybe its more harder work big body? And as to so much water in Kanha that depends on area and kind of water sources I would think? If you come to Bandhavgarh in height of summer everything is off the hills but hunting is a lot more difficult due to so many eyes together and the heat and exhaustion of the hunt. This is why the lack of firelines in tall grass meadows have changed things so much. Easier because of numbers but harder because of other factors. We must appreciate tigers and all cats are lazy overall and like easy options regarding finding food. Hence why males steal off females, join meals, kill cubs over food etc. Often in Bandhavgarh tigers loose more weight in summer than monsoon when dispersal of prey makes it tough and there is less to share all road. Its also a time of high conflict too because the easy food is outside the park and cover is poor and people very active at exactly the time cats are."

KayTiwari | over 1 year ago

And we all can agree that Kay knows his tigers, thats for sure.

I also read one that a very well known photographer (can't remember which one, but Ive posted it before)
Said he mistakenly thought Red Eye was Munna since they were so close in size.

But I agree Kingfisher is a massive Tiger, no 2 ways about that.