WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - GuateGojira - 09-09-2015

Bad news guys, I have received the answer from the authors of the article:

"Greetings from Tigerwalah.

Thank you for your mail. This is basis estimation by people involved in rescue operation, though no actual weight was taken.
Also by sheer looks he was one the biggest tiger present in RTR then, followed by T33 aka chiroli male & T3 resident of non tourism area. It was actually T3, his step brother from Machli’s 3rd litter who drove him out of territory which resulted in his venturing out.

Regards
Anurag Sharma
"

So, it is just an estimation, not an actual weight. Now, I think that we should go after the figure of 250 kg from Ustad, I guess that one is real, but we need confirmation.

RE: Tiger Directory - Shardul - 09-09-2015

They could have estimated from the tranquilizer dosage. That has to be pretty accurate with regards to body mass.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 10:44 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: Bad news guys, I have received the answer from the authors of the article:

"Greetings from Tigerwalah.

Thank you for your mail. This is basis estimation by people involved in rescue operation, though no actual weight was taken.
Also by sheer looks he was one the biggest tiger present in RTR then, followed by T33 aka chiroli male & T3 resident of non tourism area. It was actually T3, his step brother from Machli’s 3rd litter who drove him out of territory which resulted in his venturing out.

Regards
Anurag Sharma
"

So, it is just an estimation, not an actual weight. Now, I think that we should go after the figure of 250 kg from Ustad, I guess that one is real, but we need confirmation.

If I were to guess about the "250kg" weight, since he weighed 240kg at 3.5yrs, I would think that he would be more, but he was also an older tiger at that point so he very well could of been 250kg. I would think in his prime he would be floating around the 270kg mark, which makes him and most Ranth males, massive tigers.

Great work Guate

RE: Tiger Directory - sanjay - 09-09-2015

And good news is that @tigerwalah himself join us.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-09-2015

Welcome @tigerwalah

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 09-12-2015

Can anyone ID this tiger ?
I guess its from Kanha.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-13-2015

He looks like munna, could it be his son?

"Chota Munna walking on Kanha-mukki mainroad toward Bisanpura meadow on 26th April. He just came out of a 7 day mating period with fireline female. ©"

close

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-22-2015

Bunty , sub adult male TATR

Whats his history?

Yedda Ana is back!!

Varad Sahasrabudhe
September 18 at 7:11am
Saw this guy near Tadoba lake on 12th September 2015.Can anyone identify this tiger?Is it the Katezari male?

Atul Dhamankar Its Crocked Tail or Wakda shepti male......

Ajit Kulkarni
September 16 at 10:33am

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 09-22-2015

(09-13-2015, 01:13 AM)Pckts Wrote: He looks like munna, could it be his son?

You are right @Pckts it's Chotta Munna.
I was a bit confused whether it's Chotta Munna or Mahaveer male, both are brothers and sons of Munna.
Chotta Munna is bigger than Mahaveer.
Both these males seen residing in Mukki zone.

(09-22-2015, 11:43 AM)Apollo Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 01:13 AM)Pckts Wrote: He looks like munna, could it be his son?

You are right @Pckts it's Chotta Munna.
I was a bit confused whether it's Chotta Munna or Mahaveer male, both are brothers and sons of Munna.
Chotta Munna is bigger than Mahaveer.
Both these males seen residing in Mukki zone.

I did hear that Chotta Munna is a large fella.
TFS Apollo

Varun Thakkar
9 hrs
"Humpty Dumpty had a great fall."
The Brat of mohurli "Circuit ", he was one of the tiger's who left an unforgettable impression and countless memories in his 20 months of life. He was named circuit by the guides, drivers and some regular tourists. They called him circuit because of his crazy habits or some untigerly behavior . He acted as if he already is a big adult dominant male tiger, at the age of less than 12 months he stayed away from his mother and other siblings for 3-4 days but came back when he felt very hungry. He loved breaking the camera traps regularly and drag them away, He loved smelling the gypsy tires. Quite a few times he scared the hell out of many new tourists, who didn't know circuit . But when the mother is around he would sit as quiet as he could. And as the mother is out for a hunt, Its the circuit show. He would jump, run fight with the siblings and do all the crazy things he can. Pls see this series in full frame.This evening he was playing with his sibling, splashing the water, fighting and what not...... he was dead tired. And this log was his property he would not let anyone sit on his seat. Even in this series his sibling is seen behind whom he just fought with. He got his seat, he sat on the log like a king..... he looked relaxed, then he shook the water off his body.....but it was a bit too fast and gave him a head rush. And Splashhhhh down goes "Circuit" and banged his head on the log (every1 there was rolling with laughter) . And the very next second he quietly put his head on his favorite log and went to sleep. Few months later we heard that circuit was found dead on the edge of the tiger reserve. Most likely killed by some other male tiger. He lived for 18-20 months but gave me some unforgettable lifetime memories to cherish. I still miss him.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 09-26-2015

T-19 is with her three Cubs as they encounter a large Mugger Crocodile along the shore of a lake. Mom wants the kids to learn about this potentially dangerous Reptile and she makes certain they confront it. In addition, the brother of the famous Ranthambhore Tiger T-24 / Ustaad is seen. This Tiger is T-25. He is of a generally gentle disposition towards humans, though he has been known to chase motorcycles from time to time. We then see Ustaad's / T-24's two sons (each about 1 year old) towards the end of the video.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-07-2015

Ajit KulkarniTadoba Wild Images

October 4 ·

Legend of kolsa ( Raybha male ) TATR — with Pariksheet Devulapalli, Alhaad Naik and Sanjay Satao.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 10-09-2015

Some latest info from Kanha NP 

The Mukki zone from Kanha seems to be teaming with tigers.
A lot of male and female tigers were seen roaming this zone.
This entire Mukki zone is controlled by 4 dominant males namely Bheema, Link 7 male, Umarpani male and the Kingfisher male.

Bheema controls Baba Thenga Talao to Dhwajahandi Road but rarely seen crossing Chimta Camp to Nakti Ghati road.
Link 7 male and umarpani male mainly controls the central area of Mukki. 
Kingfisher male rules over the Mukki gate area.
I've heard recently that Chotta Munna (link 7) is trying to challenge the Kingfisher male, but yet to get any confirmation.

Regarding kingfisher male he is the biggest known male in Kanha at present.
Here are some latest pics of Kingfisher male taken this season, he seems to put on some size, remember he is a very young male not yet reached his full potential.