WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 07-21-2015

Harshad MataleSanctuary Asia May 25 ·    
The giant size new male tiger @ kolsa having 'L' mark on his right cheek

Location Dewada rd. Kolsa TATR.

Copyright Dr Harshad Matale — with Sandip Kalbandhe.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 07-30-2015

Cameratrap images of Royal Manas  (Bhutan) and Manas National park  (India) 

from Bhutan 

From India this male tiger was captured in Kaziranga and released in Manas. He was a monster

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 07-30-2015

Collared and relocated, I know they got a weight and measurement.
Is there any way we can contact them?

Also,not trying to stir a debate, but doesn't that collar seem to tight?

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 07-31-2015

Most of the collars used on Bengal tigers are 1.3kg for tigers under 200kg and 2kg-2.5kg for tigers over 200kg. It also depends what type of collar they've got on.

Try this link below, refer to page 5.

http://globaltigerforum.com/resources_files/720_A%20suggested%20protcol%20for%20-%20Radio%20telemtry%20studies%20on%20tiger.pdf

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 07-31-2015

@Roflcopters 
I just meant tight,like it looks like it could choke him or make it hard to breath.
I would figure they would want to be able to slip a couple of fingers between the collar and neck to account for expansion and what not. 

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 08-01-2015

Relative to other collared species, it looks tight. Here's what may happened. They bought larger collars, which as Rofl's post show are quite expensive. If you darted a tiger and found out it was a bit (or too) tight, they'd likely still use it so that the dart money, the staff money, and collar money isn't going to waste. Unforunately, scientists have limited grants and every dollar is tight.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 08-01-2015

(07-31-2015, 11:34 PM)Pckts Wrote: @Roflcopters 
I just meant tight,like it looks like it could choke him or make it hard to breath.
I would figure they would want to be able to slip a couple of fingers between the collar and neck to account for expansion and what not. 

ignore that, I misread your words.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 08-10-2015

T75 from Ranthambore

Banbehi male from Bandhavgarh with injuries after a fight

Backwaters male from Kabini

Rayakassa male from Pench 

Fateh aka T42 from Ranthambore

Two subadult malecubs of collarwalli from Pench

RE: Tiger Directory - anand3690 - 08-11-2015

(08-10-2015, 05:28 AM)Apollo Wrote: Banbehi male from Bandhavgarh with injuries after a fight

with whom did he fight??

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 01:05 PM)anand3690 Wrote:
(08-10-2015, 05:28 AM)Apollo Wrote: Banbehi male from Bandhavgarh with injuries after a fight

It was Bamera I believe, I think thats his son.
But Im not positive, its posted on tigernation.org
with whom did he fight??

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 08-12-2015

A male tiger is always delightful to photograph as he represents sheer strength and power. This dominant male in 2014 is in his prime and is constantly in fight with other males in order to take over a new territory. Notice the bite marks on his left shoulder. It clearly indicates that this Tiger had been in a fight with another Tiger, probably for territorial takeover. This muscular hunk had also been in a fight with his own father, Bamera in order to rule over his premier zone. ©

close

"that's bamera's son kanvar "

micah.charlery

The face of arguably one of the most battle tested veteran tiger of our generation.
The Old King,
Munna himself!

Uploaded by alokesharma   

One more of the old king

We saw this third male @ the kakkaraghat water hole. Nearby the female and male were also sighted. Any more info about this male? ©

Uploaded by Imtiaz Khan K 

"he is not pandu. He is not from the known males of tadoba. he may be devdoh tigress subadult "

tadobatigerlover

"Imtiaz, the stretch from Fulzari chowk upto Shivanzari and Kakadghat / Ramsingh Amba including Sukhribodi now supports four males. The first is the resident Kakadghat male who was sighted end of season mating with the Sukhribodi female. I estimate that he is about 5 years old and comes from the one before last litter of the Kakadghat female and Shivaji. The second is the Sukhribodi male who very occasionally visits this area since this is his area of birth. Also a progeny of the Kakadghat female and Shivaji, he was the part of the last litter that comprised of him and the Sukhribodi female who you saw mating. The third is a rare entrant to the area. The Panghatkuti male who normally is found off the fulzari / dewada chowk towards panghatkuti is arguably though, the biggest of them all. He sometimes visits the area. So, if it was he that you found, you are quite lucky since he is a very shy tiger. Finally, the Shivanzari male cub and one female cub that was part of the Shivanzari female's last litter, have made the stretch from Shivanzari until the entry to Kakadghat their home. They are not more the 2 years old, slightly younger maybe. The male sometimes enters Kakadghat and covers the distance upto Ramsingh Amba. Although, I have personally not seen this male whose photograph you have uploaded, I suspect this is him since these are certainly not the other males that I have mentioned about earlier. "

raghav_sk

"Thanks for the info Raghav. We saw Sukhribodi male at ramsingh Amba, In the same afternoon safari, we saw a male and Sukhribodi/Kakkarghat female mating at Kakkarghat waterhole. Next day morning we saw this guy moving from Kakkarghat to Ramsingh Amba.. "

imtiazkhank

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 08-12-2015

(08-11-2015, 01:05 PM)anand3690 Wrote:

with whom did he fight??

The above male is Banbehi aka Kanwar male tiger. He is the brother of Pushpraj and son of Bamera.
The above injuries were caused during a fight with Jobhi in Magdhi zone. 
It was said that Pushpraj and Kanwar moved to Barra Larka area after increased pressure from Tarun and Jobhi.

Updates from Bandhavgarh.

Bamera as been pushed to the edge of his former territory, his been living around the hills of Thauni area but he is seen in Tala range regularly now due to the missing of Chinkoo male

The Tala zone was controlled by the New Kulwah male or Chinkoo (meaning round face) but he is missing right now. So Tarun aka Bheem is the dominant male in Tala at the moment.
The Khitauli area is controlled by a New male called Tarun.
The Magdhi zone is controlled by Jobhi and Tarun  (after the recent fight between Tarun and Jobhi, Tarun took control of a part of Magdhi).

Bheem is taking no prisoners, hes on a mission.
Such a massive tiger and quite vicious, hes becoming a favorite of mine.
TFS