WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-15-2015

Mithun HunugundSanctuary Asia6 hrs · Tiger | Dream Kabini.To follow my work like https://www.facebook.com/MithunHPhotographyThe monsoons of 2012 will truly be my most memorable in the jungles of my beloved Kabini purely for this special sighting which left me in tears even after 15 years and more than hundreds of Tiger sightings in the South Indian jungles. We had stayed in a beautiful forest rest house adjoining an elephant camp. It was 6 in the morning when I was having Tea in my bed that I heard a few camp elephants trumpeting crazily and this was very unusual. I jumped out of bed to the cacophony of Chital and Langur alarm calls. Then I realised this was not the camp elephants but a wild herd of 4 Elephants which had a tiny calf about 2 months old in its midst. That was when I knew the big male Tiger was in the area as he had a nasty reputation of hunting down elephant calves. I picked up my sister who was still asleep and we jumped in the government safari vehicle and parked just about 50 metres from the camp. The monsoon rain was trickling down from my face, but I was least bothered as i had not seen a Tiger for nearly two months and the prospect of seeing one in the greens kept me going. My sister had never seen a Tiger after spending nearly 10 years in the Jungle and she had given up hopes as usual. And then the beast made his way out of the thicket in the open greens. He simply was the biggest Tiger I had seen in Kabini in all these years. He was pestered by the flies as he had a Sambar kill nearby and after polishing off the remains he was out to secure the boundaries of his territory. He came so close to the Jeep that I had to reverse quite a bit to fit him. He roared and marked a few trees before vanishing into the undergrowth again. And when I looked back at my sister I saw her in complete shock and tears rolling down her cheeks. Her first Tiger after all the wait was the most majestic sight ever. Still get goosebumps thinking about this sighting.— at Kabini (Nagarhole NP).

*This image is copyright of its original author

Who is this boy?
I think he should be nicknamed the "Elephants Nightmare"

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-15-2015

That's my boy Tiger Tank Male, sadly the area he resides in is not open to tourists.. Kabini backwater's Matsgudi male is from the same park but not quiet as huge as this guy. 

here's another shot of him

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-16-2015

(04-15-2015, 11:03 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: That's my boy Tiger Tank Male, sadly the area he resides in is not open to tourists.. Kabini backwater's Matsgudi male is from the same park but not quiet as huge as this guy. 

One newer oneJagan ManoharSanctuary Asia 4 hrs ·    
TT Male ll kabinill
Mar 2015.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-22-2015

Sarosh LodhiSanctuary Asia 3 hrs ·    
"Fable"

Star male at RTR

Mar 15 — with Yadvendra Singh, Jiten Harode and Rohit Sangar at Ranthambore National Park.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-23-2015

Pugdundee Safaris 16 hrs ·    
Tiger Bheema at Kanha National Park

Harpreet Dhillon(Our Naturalist at Kanha Earth Lodge) got a chance to capture this big majestic cat.

How old is this guy?
The feet on him are absurd, just wondering if he's a youngster and needs to grow in to them or they are just ridiculously big?

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 04-24-2015

That's bheema, a large adult male from Kanha's Mukki Zone. Im not sure about his age though. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 04-24-2015

bheema should be about five now 

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-24-2015

Whats the status of Kahna now?
Who is the main ruler,
Is it still Munna or has he given way?

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 04-30-2015

Sarosh LodhiSanctuary Asia 41 mins ·    
"Angry Young Man"

He is Munna's son, identified and named by Minh , he calls him Chhota Munna.

Kanha

April 26th 2015 — with Minh Ha.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 05-27-2015

Subhradip SenSanctuary Asia 5 hrs ·    
New Male @ Moharli, May '15, — with Solanki Roy, Saikat Pyne and Banashree Saha at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

Any other info on this new boy?

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 05-27-2015

(04-16-2015, 12:01 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 11:03 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: That's my boy Tiger Tank Male, sadly the area he resides in is not open to tourists.. Kabini backwater's Matsgudi male is from the same park but not quiet as huge as this guy. 

TT Male ll kabinill
Mar 2015.

This is not tiger tank male, it's a different male.
Check the stripe pattern.

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 01:58 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Subhradip SenSanctuary Asia 5 hrs ·    
New Male @ Moharli, May '15, — with Solanki Roy, Saikat Pyne and Banashree Saha at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

Any other info on this new boy?

he's the young male who was mating with Sonam..bajrao the new moharli king 

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 06:45 AM)'Apollo' Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 12:01 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:

TT Male ll kabinill
Mar 2015.

This is not tiger tank male, it's a different male.
Check the stripe pattern.

You're correct I think. The rear section stripes certainly seem different.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 05-28-2015

Some recent images of Jai

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 05-28-2015

Big boy needs a good meal.
TFS