WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-01-2015

It looks like we may have a new heavyweight emerging, and his name is Kingfisher.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-04-2015

Who is this Big Girl?

Hemant Masurkar Follow · 12 hrs ·    
Show Stopper of Tadoba...
Feb-15
Save Tigers...Save Wildlife... — with Sharad Gorghate and Vijay Wawge at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve
*This image is copyright of its original author

She looks to be a massive girl, tall, robust and a very long body,

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 03-05-2015

Jamuna aka Maya

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-05-2015

Who is her mate?

A few more on MayaHarshal MalvankarTadoba Wild Images Follow · 12 hrs ·    
My first ever sighting of MAYA in 2012, Brave and Bold

Sameer RautTadoba Wild Images February 25 ·    
Her Majesty, Maya, the undisputed Princess of TATR

Hemant MasurkarTadoba Wild Images Follow · February 25 ·    
"Maya"
30-Oct-14
Save Tigers...Save Wildlife... — at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

Harshal MalvankarTadoba Wild Images Follow · January 29 ·    
Un-cropped at 55 mm

Further to my earlier image,I am sharing one more image of Choti Tara which was taken at 55 mm. This is Un-cropped image. Just like Maya she was very comfortable and kept walking towards us.

Again a tip...Carry basic lens at least 18-55 while visiting TATR smile emoticon LOL

Megha WasnikTadoba Wild Images January 12 ·    
Maya.. ..june 14

Apparently Maya is the most Photographed Tigress in Tadoba and her history isn't known for sure.

Here is what I got on her mate Omkar AdhikariTadoba Wild ImagesFebruary 10 at 12:16am · THE ROYAL TIGRESS .... .....It was an amazing morning of 1 feb. for Me and my gypsy members (Dr. kulkarni mam, Shruti, prathamesh, Sanket, Rutuja, Vishwas Jimthe -guide, and Roshan-gypsy driver) had sighted 1 mating pair of tiger at Navegoun , (Tadoba tiger reserve).It was my first wildlife safari and we had seen 3 tigers in morning safari.First we sighted 1 katezari male tiger in early morning, after that we reached to Navegoun where we got second sighting of female tiger.
That tigress was new for all. At the same place we had sighted one huge male (Pandu) tiger protecting his female.Female of Male tiger (Pandu).
TATR.
1 Feb 2015. Atul DhamankarTadoba Wild ImagesDecember 13, 2014 · Here seen GAURI as a small 3 month old cub with her mother LAXMI in March 2010 at Moharli range artificial waterhole. Gauri is now a proud mother of 2 cute cubs and live near relocated Jamni village. Many persons in TATR think that Gauri is sister of MAYA, but that's not true. Tadoba tiger's natural history is very complicated & not many people know which tigers was before 2008. Studying tigers from 1990 I saw such many families born & grow as adult tigers, which are now pride of TATR.......Image is from my archive.......
shot at Tadoba Tiger reserve , Mah., India.
Pls feel free to share........
ATUL DHAMANKAR
Cell No. :- 7620792206, 9423619933
Email:- [email protected]

and here is her history apparently
  Atul DhamankarTadoba Wild ImagesDecember 10, 2014 · NIRA- mother of Maya (who died by snake bite in oct-12) with her cubs. I watched her since she was a very small cub of Vasanti, so its a very heartbreaking to see her dead when she was again pregnant.
Image from my archive.......
shot at Tadoba Tiger reserve , Mah., India.
Pls feel free to share........
ATUL DHAMANKAR
Cell No. :- 7620792206, 9423619933
Email:- [email protected]— with Dinesh SC and Gn H

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 03-05-2015

here's Choti Tara with her cubs and Gabbar

Tadoba has got some great genes around it.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 03-06-2015

Tigress, wild buffalo,, hog deer and bar-headed geese from Kaziranga

Subadult male from Kaziranga

ST6 the only male from Sariska

Tiger from Dhikala, Corbett.

Collarwali Male Cubs - Karan and Arjun
Both these sub-adult male tigers are from the legendary Collarwali Tigress's current litter. The one on the left is nick named Chota charger for his tendency to mock charge at tourist.

Tarun from Bandhavgarh

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 03-08-2015

Old video of Machli and Star male fighting.
What a lady.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 03-08-2015

Credits to Parashuram Mahadeorao

This is a picture of his mother (M/o Mr.Parashuram Mahadeorao), she is a doctor.
In early eighties it was difficult to save motherless tiger panther cubs. Human doctor were requested to take care of a tiger cub.
It was in 1982 and she brought up this tiger cub.
The cub learnt hunting rabbits and goats by itself.

Hatsoff to his Mother.....

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 11:26 PM)'Apollo' Wrote: Credits to Parashuram Mahadeorao

This is a picture of his mother (M/o Mr.Parashuram Mahadeorao), she is a doctor.
In early eighties it was difficult to save motherless tiger panther cubs. Human doctor were requested to take care of a tiger cub.
It was in 1982 and she brought up this tiger cub.
The cub learnt hunting rabbits and goats by itself.

Hatsoff to his Mother.....

I find my self questioning the idea of Big cats being kept in captivity if their parents are killed. The more I see and read, the more I think that even if a cubs parents are lost, the urge to hunt will overpower any other. They will find a way to survive or die, when they are capable. They are obviously behind the 8 ball, but I don't necessarily think its a death sentence. 

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 03-09-2015

Looks like Gabbar is being pushed out

"Gabbar sure seems to have gotten into a row not once, but a few times recently. He seemed well in control of Panderpauni when I last sighted him in early Jan, but since then it has been a downward trend for this male. He was later seen around mid-january with a limp and a few marks that seemed to have been acquired from a fight. And now, this... The Tadoba range, particularly the lake area and Panderpauni will certainly witness a significant power struggle with Katezhari, Pandu, Namdev and a new male who seems to have come in from the Navegaon side of the park. I also only happened to get news yesterday that Gabbar's movement tracked by his collar suggests his possible exit from the area and slowly out of Panderpauni and the lake area. He seems to slowly move into the areas behind Panderpauni now further towards Navegaon now..."raghav_sk | 4 days ago

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 03-09-2015

Awesome video of tiger following a car in a coffee plantation at Chicmangalur, Karnataka.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 03-09-2015

(03-09-2015, 02:51 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Looks like Gabbar is being pushed out

"Gabbar sure seems to have gotten into a row not once, but a few times recently. He seemed well in control of Panderpauni when I last sighted him in early Jan, but since then it has been a downward trend for this male. He was later seen around mid-january with a limp and a few marks that seemed to have been acquired from a fight. And now, this... The Tadoba range, particularly the lake area and Panderpauni will certainly witness a significant power struggle with Katezhari, Pandu, Namdev and a new male who seems to have come in from the Navegaon side of the park. I also only happened to get news yesterday that Gabbar's movement tracked by his collar suggests his possible exit from the area and slowly out of Panderpauni and the lake area. He seems to slowly move into the areas behind Panderpauni now further towards Navegaon now..."raghav_sk | 4 days ago

I wonder if radio-collaring has anything to do with all this or maybe it's just his bad luck, nonetheless. Gabbar is a violent male, well known to fight intruders and defend his domain. I'm sure he'll settle on the power scale but then again, Katezari, Saturn and Pandu are some of the toughest males out there.  competition is tough but it's certainly not the end of Gabbar, besides he's a father of 2 cubs.. He's got a lot to lose. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]