WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - shaileshsharadnaik - 02-06-2015

(02-04-2015, 03:33 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: @Roflcopters
Is this Katezari?
27th Dec 2014 near Crocodile breeding area.
We were really lucky to have a sighting of this Royal animal for more than 30 mins.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Pariksheet Devulapalli Katezhari Male!!
13 hrs · Like
Mahesh Ghadshi He is Pandu male tiger from tadoba
13 hrs · Like
Soumya RoyChoudhury Our guide told us he is known as Wokan..!!!
12 hrs · Like
Mihir Kothari He is nor ookhan nor katejhari male nor pandu...he is a new male from katajari area identification is 3 scratch marks he got with a territorial fight with gabbar near panch dhara
12 hrs · Like
Soumya RoyChoudhury ok.. nice information. so that means we were lucky to spot a new member of Tadoba.
12 hrs · Like
Abhimanyu P. Aradhya OMG.
He's there only.

correct, its not katezari.  but its beautiful ,

(02-04-2015, 04:09 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: that's definitely not the Katezari male, it's a sub adult male that badly injured Gabbar aka Leopard face in a fight recently.. Gabbar was seen limping for sometime. I hope he's doing ok 

so is this new male, son of old pandharapuni female and brother of maya tigress?

(02-06-2015, 12:28 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Ranveer Singh Gautam Follow · 3 hrs ·    
The Awesome Three some ,
Cubs of famous wagdoh male and telia tigress madhuri ,
Tadoba buffer zone , chandrapur ,
Feb 5 , 2015 — with Erika Gartrell, Frances Beasley, Tadoba Safari Gypsy and 13 others.

They look soooooo much like their dad, its awesome. Some new faces to watch for the years to come.

superb. How old are they? 1.25 years?

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 06:43 PM)'shaileshsharadnaik' Wrote:
The Awesome Three some ,
Feb 5 , 2015 — with Erika Gartrell, Frances Beasley, Tadoba Safari Gypsy and 13 others.

They look soooooo much like their dad, its awesome. Some new faces to watch for the years to come.

First of all.... Welcome. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think 1.25 years old is a good guess. Maybe @Roflcopters knows for sure.

RE: Tiger Directory - shaileshsharadnaik - 02-07-2015

(02-06-2015, 10:43 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 06:43 PM)'shaileshsharadnaik' Wrote:
The Awesome Three some ,

First of all.... Welcome. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think 1.25 years old is a good guess. Maybe @Roflcopters knows for sure.

madhuri ( Telia tigress) last litter was Sept 2011. those 4 sisters. So this litter can not be earlier than sept/Nov. 13. at  1.25 years these cubs looks big.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-07-2015

I guess the Waghdoh and Madhuri cubs were born in Jan 2014.

Here are some pics from AVA, credits to Roflcopters

Ranthambore Tiger Attack Series - T-42 the huge male tiger charging at the tourists- one of the photographers perspective when the second charge took place.

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 02-09-2015

(02-04-2015, 10:42 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 04:09 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: that's definitely not the Katezari male, it's a sub adult male that badly injured Gabbar aka Leopard face in a fight recently.. Gabbar was seen limping for sometime. I hope he's doing ok 

I was going to say that if Katezari, he looks massive. But this guy is still a youngen, then we may have a new giant in our midst. Especially if he has already defeated Gabbar who has only been getting larger and is a veteran of many battles.

Is he the same male who has taken over Wagdohs old region?

badly injured Gabbar? lol that young male is'nt in gabbars league..size or in battle prowess gabbar is no push over an neither are the other dominant males including saturn which gabbar has cleary beaten that young male was seen fleeing from gabbar he is not ready yet

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 05:34 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:

I was going to say that if Katezari, he looks massive. But this guy is still a youngen, then we may have a new giant in our midst. Especially if he has already defeated Gabbar who has only been getting larger and is a veteran of many battles.

badly injured Gabbar? lol that young male is'nt in gabbars league..size or in battle prowess gabbar is no push over an neither are the other dominant males including saturn which gabbar has cleary beaten that young male was seen fleeing from gabbar he is not ready yet

Old images of Gabbar and Saturn I believe

Sushant PawarTadoba Wild ImagesFebruary 7 at 1:43am · Witnessed a male tiger fighting for supremacy. It was a terrifying experience.
One of them was Leopard face second was Unknown to me. Dated:-Nov:-2013 at TATR

While Gabbar is a veteran of many fights, I see no reason why a young bulking male like the new one photographed couldn't give him a serious run for his money. He has won and he has lost fights, so hes not unbeatable. Copters did say that Gabbar was recently seen limping off. This male looks to be a bulky guy so I would have to see more dimensional shots of him to use as scale but he looks thick for sure. Do you know when they claimed to have seen gabbar running off the young fellow?

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-10-2015

(02-09-2015, 05:34 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:

size and battle prowess doesn't mean much against younger males, new males are ruthless when they're out to carve out their territories and It's hard to convince them to not play with the fire, they're tigers after all. Just look at the T24/Sultan situation or Bamera and his sons Somanshu and Pushpraj. Sultan challenged T24 at a young age, same with Pushpraj and Somanshu that challenged Bamera at like 2.5 years of age. 

I suggest you take a cloose look at the pictures posted by Pckts again, there's clear scars on his upperbody and It's blatantly obvious that this male has been in a fight but was it against Gabbar and if it was then he clearly did have an upperhand because Gabbar was limping bad as reported by people. If it's not the work of this new male, Is there another male wandering around that we haven't yet documented? what's the likelihood of that. 

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-11-2015

Kumbha (T34) male from Ranthambore

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-12-2015

Looks like Gabbar aka Leopard face was involved in another fight with nasty injuries to his nose, Feb 4th 2015 near Jamni chowk

Maya aka P2 was also seen mating with a different male, probably Katezari, Saturn or the new male that's been hanging around.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-13-2015

(02-12-2015, 06:00 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: Looks like Gabbar aka Leopard face was involved in another fight with nasty injuries to his nose, Feb 4th 2015 near Jamni chowk

Maya aka P2 was also seen mating with a different male, probably Katezari, Saturn or the new male that's been hanging around.

Oh wow, that is nasty. He was in a brawl, and if infact that was with the new male shown. He certainly got the worst of it.

Gotta love Gabbar though, he never backs down. Hopefully he isn't forced to the Buffer zone, big Daddy Waghdoh is probably not in the sharing mode.

And I'm not trying to start another collar debate but I couldn't help but notice the massive tiger gash in the collar, I didn't even think about if having the leather collar gives the tigers something to hold on to or protection from a throat bite. Advantage or disadvantage in a fight? Interesting question that I don't think has been asked before.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-13-2015

Here is a video on Bamera taken 12th Dec 2014.
He was seen limping after a fight with a young male. I sometimes feel sorry for him because of the heavy competition from several young males.

Regarding the latest updates from Bandhavgarh.

Bamera as been pushed to the edge of his former territory, his been living around the hills of the Thauni area and caring for the wounds.  Recently Forest Department as seen Bamera feeding on a Sambar carcass hunted by a tigress. I hope he recovers soon.

The Tala zone at present is controlled by the New Kulwah male or Chinkoo (meaning round face).
The Khitauli area is controlled by a New male called Tarun.
The Magdhi zone is controlled by Jobhi.
All these males are said to be enormous in size.

Because of the increased pressure from these males, Pushpraj was said to be moved to Barra Larka area.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-14-2015

Bandhavgarh hasn't been the same for me after Mukunda male disappeared and bad tourism in general is destroying a park that we were all too familiar with just a few years back, It's sad what Bandhavgarh has become as of late, less sightings, bad management. the only thing i give them props for is keeping an eye on Bamera and making sure he's assissted as soon as he needs it. Infact, If it wasn't for the forest department. Bamera would've been dead by now. no one can deny that they took care of him but it's high time that they change the attitude and control the tourist activities, limit the number of vehicles in the park. a lot of bad incidents been happening there lately and they're going unreported. Also as Apollyon said, the new male of Tala shares some of Tala with Jobhi while Bamera has been pushed off completely from his previous terriroties. at this rate, he doesn't have much time and there's a influx of new males vowing for control. Honestly, If any tiger had it this bad. It would have to be Bamera. he's fought far too many males in his life, also Tala has been quiet interesting over the years. we've seen plenty of males come and go, Rahasy has disappeared also and one of the Mahaman boy is half way to Tadoba, he's travelling and being monitored.. this is proof that Bandhavgarh doesn't have much space left and prey isn't all that great in the park anymore. 

Hopefully, Bandhavgarh will get better in a few months.. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-16-2015

Here are the annual income from Tiger Reserves from India and also the Tiger estimates. Published by Govt of India