WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-04-2015

A couple of updates in Ranth
  •  Sighting Update till 29.01.15 – Winters in full swing with fog and rains did impact sightings during this period. Having said that T19 and cubs continued to oblige shutter bugs with some fantastic photo ops around the lakes, this was their one of the longest stay around lakes after a while. Daddy T28 also did spend some time with the family and shared meal. But action in other areas of park was lesser than usual. While T24 was struggling with stomach congestion and forest department was busy in treating him, his partner Noor and her cubs preferred solitude. Haven’t seen much photos of this family post Nov. T74 & T75 continue to keep the tiger sighting count, however they prefer only one or two vehicles around. Due to heavy fog early morning visibility was reduced to less than 50 mtrs till 9 AM in morning. Overall a dull period as far as sightings are concerned, with sun being out for last 2 days hopefully will have more to update next time.
  • Sighting Update till 07.01.15- This season undoubtedly belongs to both the families i.e T19 and her 3 cubs & T39 and her two cubs. However off late sighting frequency of T39 and her cubs have reduced as they are spending more time in areas beyond tourism zone. Not sure if constant follow up from father son duo of Ustaad & sultan is behind this. Sightings of T24 are also lesser this season so are of T72 aka sultan. While they are sharing the area between them guess trying to avoid each other keeps them on the move. Not so far away from this family is the current first family, they seem to be enjoying their first winter together. With constantly growing cubs, mother needs to kill frequently and therefore is on the move most of the times, being a skilled hunter does help. Father T28 visits the family occasionally. Berda couple of T6 and T41 are little elusive this season, hopefully their sightings would improve as summer approaches and water start drying. The trio of zone V- T73, T74 and T75 continue to contribute meaningfully to sighting log, the boys are daring to challenge T6 with their increased presence around Bakola, while they did get beaten up once but they have not given up yet. T8 and T34 continue to be sighted on zone 6 however sighting probabilities are higher for first few vehicles only. T25 aka dollar continues to be elusive and prefers to spend time away from tourism area,though was reportedly sighted towards end of 2014. Grand mother Machli seems to have recovered from her reported eye injury and loss of claw nail despite rumours of her nearing end though she still prefers to stay in area outside tourism zone and therefore negligible sightings.
http://www.tigerwalah.com/sighting-updates/

@Roflcopters
Is this Katezari?
27th Dec 2014 near Crocodile breeding area.
We were really lucky to have a sighting of this Royal animal for more than 30 mins.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Pariksheet Devulapalli Katezhari Male!!
13 hrs · Like
Mahesh Ghadshi He is Pandu male tiger from tadoba
13 hrs · Like
Soumya RoyChoudhury Our guide told us he is known as Wokan..!!!
12 hrs · Like
Mihir Kothari He is nor ookhan nor katejhari male nor pandu...he is a new male from katajari area identification is 3 scratch marks he got with a territorial fight with gabbar near panch dhara
12 hrs · Like
Soumya RoyChoudhury ok.. nice information. so that means we were lucky to spot a new member of Tadoba.
12 hrs · Like
Abhimanyu P. Aradhya OMG.
He's there only.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-04-2015

that's definitely not the Katezari male, it's a sub adult male that badly injured Gabbar aka Leopard face in a fight recently.. Gabbar was seen limping for sometime. I hope he's doing ok 

(02-04-2015, 04:09 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: that's definitely not the Katezari male, it's a sub adult male that badly injured Gabbar aka Leopard face in a fight recently.. Gabbar was seen limping for sometime. I hope he's doing ok 

I was going to say that if Katezari, he looks massive. But this guy is still a youngen, then we may have a new giant in our midst. Especially if he has already defeated Gabbar who has only been getting larger and is a veteran of many battles.

Is he the same male who has taken over Wagdohs old region?

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-05-2015

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Ustaad (T24) was actually weighed. Thanks to the Biologist Dharmendra Khandal for sharing and confirming it with me.
T24 was weighed in 2009, when he was a subadult (around 3.5 years old). He weighed in at 240Kg, this was confirmed by the doctor who weighed and treated him.
T24 was born in Jan 2006 and weighed in April 2009.
The most important thing to remember here is that he was weighed when he was treated for his leg injury, Ustaad was in a bad shape and treated for 4 days. So IMO its possible that he could have weighed another 10Kg more in healthy conditions as a subadult.

Through another source I got an information that T24 was estimated to weigh around 600lbs when he was sedated at present (for the stomach treatment). They darted him with this dosage, but unfortunately it didnt bring him down so more dosage was used again. So its possible for T24 to weigh in around 600lbs at present, but I dont know whether he was weighed again this time.

The funny part is T24 is not the biggest tiger in Ranthambore, infact he is not the biggest in his own family. T25 aka Dollar (his brother) is the biggest in the family and T28 aka star male is the biggest known tiger in the park.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 02:41 AM)'Apollo' Wrote: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Ustaad (T24) was actually weighed. Thanks to the Biologist Dharmendra Khandal for sharing and confirming it with me.
T24 was weighed in 2009, when he was a subadult (around 3.5 years old). He weighed in at 240Kg, this was confirmed by the doctor who weighed and treated him.
The most important thing to remember here is that he was weighed when he was treated for his leg injury, Ustaad was in a bad shape and treated for 4 days. So IMO its possible that he could have weighed another 10Kg more in healthy conditions.

Through another source I got an information that T24 was estimated to weigh around 600lbs when he was sedated at present (for the stomach treatment). They darted him with this dosage, but unfortunately it didnt bring him down so more dosage was used again. So its possible for T24 to weigh in around 600lbs at present, but I dont know whether he was weighed again this time.

The funny part is T24 is not the biggest tiger in Ranthambore, infact he is not the biggest in his own family. T25 aka Dollar (his brother) is the biggest in the family and T28 aka star male is the biggest known tiger in the park.

I knew those Ranth Tigers were large. They have some great genes floating around there and the fact that Machli and her daughters are 180kg and Machli is the direct ancestor of Ustaad just goes to show that. Imagine what T72 is going to weigh when he's full grown. We may be looking at a 270kg+ monster right there.
Thanks for info Apollo.

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 02-05-2015

Great job getting the info, Apollo! Judging by the report of the goal being minimal interference, he may have likely not been weighed this time around, but if you can get that confirmation as well, it'd be great. 3-3.5 years is young in the growth charts as well, he almost certainly must have added another 10-20 kg by his prime, so conservatively he'd be 250 kg. Based on the dosage, we'll keep genetic tolerance and the fact that dosages are likely on the conservative side to not cause any deaths into account, so 272 kg is a logical weight for him (although statistically, mL of additional dosage adds on signifcant kg). Is it possible to ask for any dimensional measurements as well?

As of now, Nagarhole is 247 kg unadjusted, Chitwan 246 kg assuming the bottoming out males were no more than 272 kg, and Ranthambore 230 kg with the 220 kg male and T24's old weight of 240 kg, and 246 kg assuming 272 kg is T24's current mass. 

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 03:02 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: Great job getting the info, Apollo! Judging by the report of the goal being minimal interference, he may have likely not been weighed this time around, but if you can get that confirmation as well, it'd be great. 3-3.5 years is young in the growth charts as well, he almost certainly must have added another 10-20 kg by his prime, so conservatively he'd be 250 kg. Based on the dosage, we'll keep genetic tolerance and the fact that dosages are likely on the conservative side to not cause any deaths into account, so 272 kg is a logical weight for him (although statistically, mL of additional dosage adds on signifcant kg). Is it possible to ask for any dimensional measurements as well?

As of now, Nagarhole is 247 kg unadjusted, Chitwan 246 kg assuming the bottoming out males were no more than 272 kg, and Ranthambore 230 kg with the 220 kg male and T24's old weight of 240 kg, and 246 kg assuming 272 kg is T24's current mass. 

Yeah 
Im going to ask him about measurements on T24 and also about other tigers weighed and captured Ranthambore, especially about T12.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 03:18 AM)'Apollo' Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 03:02 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: Great job getting the info, Apollo! Judging by the report of the goal being minimal interference, he may have likely not been weighed this time around, but if you can get that confirmation as well, it'd be great. 3-3.5 years is young in the growth charts as well, he almost certainly must have added another 10-20 kg by his prime, so conservatively he'd be 250 kg. Based on the dosage, we'll keep genetic tolerance and the fact that dosages are likely on the conservative side to not cause any deaths into account, so 272 kg is a logical weight for him (although statistically, mL of additional dosage adds on signifcant kg). Is it possible to ask for any dimensional measurements as well?

Yeah 
Im going to ask him about measurements on T24 and also about other tigers weighed and captured Ranthambore, especially about T12.

Very curious about T12 but Vijay was very adminent that he definitely weighed over 200kg I believe.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 02:41 AM)'Apollo' Wrote: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

T24 was born in Jan 2006 and weighed in April 2009.
The most important thing to remember here is that he was weighed when he was treated for his leg injury, Ustaad was in a bad shape and treated for 4 days. So IMO its possible that he could have weighed another 10Kg more in healthy conditions as a subadult.

Great news indeed but I heard different things from different people, most people said T34, T42, T24, T28 (Prime Star Male), Jhumroo, Romeo etc etc all look about the same and probably weigh the same. I don't think there's a noticeable difference between any of their builds. personally if i had to pick, I'd go with T42 and Romeo as the biggest males. I asked Kanwar Juneja the same question a while ago and he said T42 was the most impressive male he saw from Ranthambore and I believe him. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 02-05-2015

Apollo, can you also find out information about Jhumroo? He's been captured a few times and Tiger Walah aka Anurag Sharma had an article up with his weight of 280kg, It turned out to be an estimate but it would be nice if we could get some disclosure on Jhumroo. this is a long overdue for him. I hope you manage to get the answer we're all eagerly waiting for. Goodluck [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Directory - Amnon242 - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 03:02 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: As of now, Nagarhole is 247 kg unadjusted, Chitwan 246 kg assuming the bottoming out males were no more than 272 kg, and Ranthambore 230 kg with the 220 kg male and T24's old weight of 240 kg, and 246 kg assuming 272 kg is T24's current mass. 

If these numbers are real it means that wild bengal tigers are easily biggest felids on earth (apart from ligers ofc). They are even bigger than captive non-obese amurs (average around 215 kg) and substantially bigger than wild amurs (190 kg).

RE: Tiger Directory - GrizzlyClaws - 02-06-2015

(02-05-2015, 08:10 PM)'Amnon242' Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 03:02 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: As of now, Nagarhole is 247 kg unadjusted, Chitwan 246 kg assuming the bottoming out males were no more than 272 kg, and Ranthambore 230 kg with the 220 kg male and T24's old weight of 240 kg, and 246 kg assuming 272 kg is T24's current mass. 

If these numbers are real it means that wild bengal tigers are easily biggest felids on earth (apart from ligers ofc). They are even bigger than captive non-obese amurs (average around 215 kg) and substantially bigger than wild amurs (190 kg).

Agree, except the prehistoric sized captive Amurs, Bengals are easily the largest modern cat on average.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-06-2015

(02-04-2015, 03:33 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: @Roflcopters
Is this Katezari?
27th Dec 2014 near Crocodile breeding area.
We were really lucky to have a sighting of this Royal animal for more than 30 mins.

Pariksheet Devulapalli Katezhari Male!!
13 hrs · Like
Mahesh Ghadshi He is Pandu male tiger from tadoba
13 hrs · Like
Soumya RoyChoudhury Our guide told us he is known as Wokan..!!!
12 hrs · Like
Mihir Kothari He is nor ookhan nor katejhari male nor pandu...he is a new male from katajari area identification is 3 scratch marks he got with a territorial fight with gabbar near panch dhara
12 hrs · Like
Soumya RoyChoudhury ok.. nice information. so that means we were lucky to spot a new member of Tadoba.
12 hrs · Like
Abhimanyu P. Aradhya OMG.
He's there only.

A couple more of this monster

Soumya RoyChoudhury truely..!!!! huge and majestic.. Soumya RoyChoudhuryTadoba Wild ImagesYesterday at 10:41am · Edited · 27th Dec' 2014 @ 7:45am.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-06-2015

Ranveer Singh Gautam Follow · 3 hrs ·    
The Awesome Three some ,
Cubs of famous wagdoh male and telia tigress madhuri ,
Tadoba buffer zone , chandrapur ,
Feb 5 , 2015 — with Erika Gartrell, Frances Beasley, Tadoba Safari Gypsy and 13 others.

They look soooooo much like their dad, its awesome. Some new faces to watch for the years to come.