WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-21-2015

Latest Tiger counts in India as shown an increase in Tiger numbers.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-21-2015

T24 Goes Missing in Ranthambore National Park 

​   

The tiger inhabiting in Kalapani area in Ranthambore National Park went missing on January 18, 2015. T-24 or Ustad, who is infamous for attacking human beings frequently, cannot be traced by forest officials since Sunday.

T-24 AKA Ustad, a male tiger and the offspring of tigress T-22 Gayatri has been missing after he was noticed being unwell for some time. According to reports, T-24 was facing issues with defecation for past eight days. The reports also states that the male tiger was also not eating properly. Concerned with the severity of the condition, the forest officials at Ranthambore decided to feed him artificially through bait and also consulted the doctors, who were successful to resolve the problem partially. Even, feeding artificially was partly a success as the tiger consumed very little food, and since then only it went missing.

According to Dharmendra Khandal, a conservation biologist, tigers suffer with defecation issue if they have eaten fur. He also stated that defecation can also be caused if any bone is stuck or if there is a tumour growing inside the tiger. The forest department is considering operating T-24 as soon as he is found. The tiger has undergone a surgery earlier also, when a thorn was stuck in one of his paws.

About 15 forest officials are tracing the trail of T-24 at Route Number One, who is a dominant male tiger in Ranthambore National Park and acquires a large territory in Kalapani area that includes Jamoda, Chiri Kho, Singhdwar, Sultanpur, kala Plia Pani, Sonkachh, Futa Bandha, Rann, Mishr dara, Amreshwar.  

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-22-2015

NOOOOOOOO!!!
He is one of my favorite tigers.
I hope he just went off to be alone while he recovers and reappears in better condition. If not, Ranth has truly lost a legend.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-23-2015

(01-22-2015, 03:40 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: NOOOOOOOO!!!
He is one of my favorite tigers.
I hope he just went off to be alone while he recovers and reappears in better condition. If not, Ranth has truly lost a legend.

T24 as been located and vets are treating him.
Unfortunately he is in a very bad condition.
It is also reported that T24 and Sultan (T72) had a fight on 21st (couple of days back) and Sultan was seen limping after that incident.
Things dont look good for T24.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-26-2015

If that is the case, this is the first father-son battle in Ranthambhore that has been reported.
At least that I am aware of.
It seems that it doesn't matter what territory a Tiger lives in, when #'s increase (like in Ranth) tigers need to fight for territory. Even if it is there own blood.
If T24 was going to loose eventually, its good that it was to his own son who is quite the impressive specimen.
Maybe Ranth never had  a father-son fight before because the tiger population was soo much smaller than it is now. With successful protection needs to come territory growth or else protecting them will own increase fights if they don't allocate more land to them. We can't build towns all over the country and then say, "OH, we will give them 20 acres of land and call it a Sanctuary".
They need huge areas with unaltered corridors or else conservation will always come a little short. IMO

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-30-2015

Cameratrap video from Tadoba

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-30-2015

The Tadoba bufferzone trails at buffer zone tadoba January 23 at 12:02pm · Edited ·-----------The Road show of Wagdoh buffer cubs Gang---------------(location buffer zone tadoba , time 5 am , while going for safari )They are fearless , they are brave , they are huge , they are the one and only Wagdoh buffer cubs . Born in the legend family of Wagdoh male and the ex telia queen Madhuri female tigress (the mother of telia sisters ) . These new generation of tigers will rule buffer for sure Two brothers one which is growing as huge as the King Wagdoh and the other male stand and walks alone from the rest of four while the females that are going to pass the legacy of their mothers . Watch out for them in upcoming summer ..The Tadoba buffer-zone trails will take u up-close to this legend family . Join us for sure . contact -

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=343330809201456&set=vb.343116649222872&type=2&theater

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-01-2015

Young and massive male from Gairal, Dhikala in Corbett NP

Tiger family in Corbett

Large young male from Corbett

Subadult tigress from Corbett

Subadult male from Corbett

Tigress from Kabini Backwaters Nagarhole

New subadult male of Devdoh, Tadoba

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-03-2015

T24 is well and good

Just before we celebrated the news of tiger numbers swelling, Ranthambore reserve had a bit of a scare two weeks ago. One of its tigers, code-numbered T24, fell seriously ill. It started with constipation, but quickly turned into obstipation, the animal was unable to pass any stool at all.

The commonest cause for such a situation is hairball formation combined with some large pieces of bones in the animal’s intestine. Scat turns into a hard and stony substance and leads to impassable blockage. Forest guards found that the tiger would try very hard to defecate, squatting all the time, but to no avail. The vets tried to give him oral laxatives mixed in chicken, but T24 would sniff at it, but never consume it.

When the tiger’s condition did not improve in more than a week, worried foresters consulted all possible experts. While some vets suggested surgery, tiger expert Valmik Thapar advised against intervening in nature’s course. Post-operative care of a wild animal is impossible without holding it in prolonged captivity. T24 had already been kept in captivity for four days during treatment for a leg injury. After this, he killed three people in different incidents, when they ventured too close to him. Experts connected these incidents with some past captivity stress, which is why this time around, they were scared that after such a big surgery, they may not be able to release T24 into the wild again.

Park managers, therefore, decided to give him some external help through an enema of laxative. They shot some sedative drug darts at him, but the 240 kg massive male tiger managed to climb onto a small hillock. He hid behind a big boulder. Tension and apprehensions were heavy in everyone’s mind, because it wasn’t clear if the tiger had been tranquilised or not. A single slap of a tiger can permanently disable or even kill, so the guards approached him cautiously and found, to their relief, it asleep. They then brought the animal to the hill-base. After the veterinarians completed the enema-job, the tiger disappeared in the bushes. Two days later, on the 13th day that is, T24 finally managed to answer nature’s call, and everyone heaved a sigh of relief.

This incident goes to show that by not resorting to surgery as a desperate measure, forest staff managed to give this tiger a fresh lease of life.

This report was written by Dharmendra Khandal, he is a conservation biologist at Tiger Watch, Ranthambore.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 02-03-2015

Its also reported that T24 may have actually come out the victor between his fight with his son T72 as t72 has not been seen in that area and is very shy when approached by gaurds atm. I will look for  the write up.

Back to the topic
Ashish JawharkarSanctuary Asia January 31 · Edited ·    
Tigers, like humans have idividualistic personalities.

This guy, just seemed to be having a bad day at the office !

After all, we shouldn't forget that while on a safari, we get into their homes !!!

Do listen to the roar at the start of the clip smile emoticon — at Forests of Central India.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155394249590206&set=o.63742996102&type=2&theater

"Nimit Virdi Ashish Jawharkar Crazy Experience. I was in the jeep ahead got only 2 pics The Rajbhera sub-adult female was just ahead of us too. Don't know if this was Bhagoda or the male cub of Rajbhera female."

Apparently this sub adult male is making a name for himself by being quite the charger.

"Ashish Jawharkar @Abhishek Jain - Appreciate your concern Sir. Just wish to state, that the tiger wasnt provoked at all. Kindly refer to my previous comments where i mentioned that this guy has an inclination to charge whereas his other siblings are quite oblivious to vehicles."

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 02-03-2015

Good to hear about T24. Though, this caught my eyes, "the 240 kg massive male." Is this an estimate or an actual weight?

I was not sure about that. Its a pretty specific number to use, I know they weigh most of their cats that they sudate as well as measure them. I know T24 is a big boy, but not the biggest. If his weight is true that would mean that Ranth has got some serious monsters out there. It really makes you wonder what the Kaziranga Tigers would weigh or Waghdoh for that matter.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 11:35 PM)'tigerluver' Wrote: Good to hear about T24. Though, this caught my eyes, "the 240 kg massive male." Is this an estimate or an actual weight?

It got my eyes too.
Because the person who wrote this was a conservation biologist from Ranthambore.
Since T24 was already caught and kept for 4 days in treatment, there is a possibility of him being weighed.
But Im not sure.
Ill try to ask him about this

USTAD (T24) IN CRITICAL CONDITION DUE TO EVACUATION DIFFICULTIES ESPECIALLY FAECAL MATTER FOR NOT PASSING OUT FOR LAST 10 DAYS.

Check out that head and teeth!
I wish I could find some better pictures. But the forrest officials have 100s of these images and weights that they don't publish and I have no idea why.

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 02-03-2015

T24 didn't look bloated to where it is obvious in those pictures (had he been bloated to a easily visible extent it would probably be over), so very good observatory skills by the team to catch this in time. These efforts are major part of the reason why thankfully, the tiger population has increased.