WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Rage2277 - 01-01-2015

(08-12-2014, 11:54 AM)'Vijay Rajan' Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 11:59 PM)'Apollo' Wrote: Any pics on T10 will be much appreciated, so that we can create a profile for him.

Thanks

Here is an old image of T-10 (ST-1 of Sariska), borrowed from a few friends in Sariska. There are hardly any images of him from his RTR days since his area was out of bounds for tourists. I'll dig up my archives for images of T-12 (ST-4 of Sariska) shortly.
*This image is copyright of its original author

ST1 looks badass

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-01-2015

Happy New year to all and some good news

Credits to TigerTrackers

"Heroes get remembered but Legends never die"

Machli's (T16) obituary had been written & re-written umpteen number of times (her recent fight with Sultan prompted another one), her frequent forays out of the park threw caution to the winds, her death looked imminent.

Like in the past, just as she was being written off yet again, Tigress Machli (T-16) chose to make an appearance ! She was sighted on the late evening of 11th December by a handful of tourists at her erstwhile territory in zone-5 of Ranthambhore. How long she survives remains to be seen though.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-05-2015

Name               : T42 = Fateh = Kuwalji male
Location          : Ranthambore National Park
Year of Birth   : Unknown
Ancestry          : Son of Jhumroo male and Jail Kho female
Status              : Live
Gender             : Male
Species             : panthera tigris tigris

Fateh was one of the three cubs born to Jhumroo and Jail Kho female (T30). T42 was broughtup in the Jail Kho and Indala regions which are located outside the main tourism zone, hence his childhood is not known. 

After reaching maturity Fateh moved to Kuwalji region located in the souternmost part of Ranthambore, where he challenged the dominant resident male T36. This confrontation resulted in the death of T36 in 2012 and Fateh took over the Kuwalji area. Later he started courting with T37 (the sister of T36 who Fateh killed) but unfortunately she died in 2013 due to some health issues.

T42 was said to be a very aggressive male and definitely not the one for the light hearted. He was seen charging several tourist vehicles during 2012/2013 period and once said to have chased a forest department vehicle for 2Kms. Fateh came to limelight after the famous video which showed him charging and chasing a tourist vehicle. Nonetheless he was a great looking male and a one to be looked in the future.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-06-2015

Once in a lifetime sighting, two males battling out in Kanha

RE: Tiger Directory - sanjay - 01-06-2015

[img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also posted this video in a separate thread almost simultaneously

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 11:48 PM)'sanjay' Wrote: [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also posted this video in a separate thread almost simultaneously

[img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]LOL

RE: Tiger Directory - Pantherinae - 01-07-2015

One of The best tiger fights ever caught on tape!

RE: Tiger Directory - Spalea - 01-08-2015

(01-07-2015, 11:49 PM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: One of The best tiger fights ever caught on tape!

Hmm, sorry, this is spectacular (I like the way they are walking at the same time in parallel), but in my opinion this is rather a skirmish than a real fight...

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-09-2015

Two hefty boys, any idea on which tigers they are?

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-09-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:25 PM)'Spalea' Wrote:
(01-07-2015, 11:49 PM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: One of The best tiger fights ever caught on tape!

Hmm, sorry, this is spectacular (I like the way they are walking at the same time in parallel), but in my opinion this is rather a skirmish than a real fight...

Its a fight and we dont get to watch the whole thing. Just because neither dies doesn't mean its not a fight. Big cats can do a lot of damage in a short "skirmish"

RE: Tiger Directory - Spalea - 01-10-2015

(01-09-2015, 12:33 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 06:25 PM)'Spalea' Wrote:

Its a fight and we dont get to watch the whole thing. Just because neither dies doesn't mean its not a fight. Big cats can do a lot of damage in a short "skirmish"

OK... This was a prelude of a real fight. Both tragic and beautiful.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-10-2015

Charamma tigress from Birjani, Corbett NP

This handsome young subadult male is the son of Raya Kasa male and Collarwali female. He was said to be a huge framed boy and as the potential to become a big specimen. He is 18 months old and just look at his limbs. This boy as a very nice golden shade in the eye.

Umarpani tigress from kanha

Good looking male from Nagarahole

The new Basavanna katte male from Bandipur

One of Waghdoh's and Madhuri's cubs from Tadoba Buffer. Looks to have a small mane.

Stitched pictures of a young male stalking in Birjani, Corbett

Young sub adult male in zone 5 of Ranthambhore

RE: Tiger Directory - TheLioness - 01-11-2015

I love how corbett has those rocks that look like big pebbles, see it all the time in the corbett pictures.

Wonderful pictures

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 01-13-2015

Here's the video of the Tigress which was rescued by the forest officials successfully and released back into the wild. Thanks to the Squad of special tiger protection force STPF from Tadoba, rapid response unit RRU of Chandrapur forest division and Chandrapur police for quick action.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 01-15-2015

Shivaji news..........A muscular , Handsome hunk of tadoba
The Boss, SHIVAJI.This image was taken in 2012 , Post that Kolsa zone was restricted till 2014. I havent heard and seen pictures of Shivaji after that. Does anybody had sighted Shivaji post 2014???I cant wait to see him again..Truly the most handsome tiger i have ever seen.

Ranveer Singh Gautam "Chandrashekhar Ramachandran he has not been poached , he is still alive , and has been seen near the boundaries of kolsa , news as per the locals and forest guards that moves inside the park"

Take it for what its worth, no confirmation from eye witnesses but hopefully Ranveer is in close communication with the eye witnesses who have seen him, allegedly. Either way, apparently he has shifted his location.