WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 08-26-2014

Not sure if it proves your point, since tigers have died during capture. The link I posted has tigers dying during capture as well as others that have died during capture.
So obviously its not clear cut. I also see nothing that would benefit a Tiger Conservation from capture that couldn't be accomplished without a less intrusive means of monitoring.

But on the flip side, it is obviously not a terribly upsetting thing for a tiger as they die very infrequently from it. In other news, a Clouded leopard was finally Radio collared and I believe with a cat like that, so elusive and unknown, that collaring it is probably a good thing. Because we know absolutely nothing about it, but I do wonder if the same couldn't be accomplished with Camera Traps.

Camera traps can monitor prey densisty, different prey species, predations, populations, interactions etc.
Its far less costly, less intrusive and less stressful to any animals.
I believe it is a better option, but I see both sides.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 08-31-2014

Name                : Ram
Location           : Bandipur National Park
Year of Birth    : Unknown
Ancestry          : Son of Agasthya and Brother of Shettikere and Raja
Status              : Unknown
Sex                   : Male
Species             : panthera tigris tigris 

Ram looks to be the biggest of the three brothers.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-02-2014

Sanjeet Mangat 
"Ultimate Terai Tiger"

Although I have posted this picture earlier .... this is a tiger who looked huge even when he was about 2 years plus ... he occasionally gets spotted before Bijrani FRH .. although I have missed him ... am longing to see him since I last saw him in 2012 ... Tyson ... as big as they come

Bijrani, CTR
January 2012

Has he been seen recently?·Sanjeet Mangat SriskandhYes ... last season Anu and her team got him before Bijrani FRH ... 
I posted a Image of im in the B2 images thread, he looks to be massive as a adult.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-02-2014

One more of Tyson of Tadoba

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-03-2014

More info on Tyson
Young Tyson

and Video
http://vimeo.com/45481605

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-15-2014

T72 is soon becoming one of my favorite tigers in India.

Here he is
T72Sultan (T-72)…Superstar in the Making
Born to the tigress Noor (T-39), Sultan or in other words Emperor is looking for his own territory. His audacity to stare down at jeeps and canters even at a young age has compelled people to bestow him with this name. He was first spotted in summers of 2012, when he was about 4 months old with mother. Sultan is reckoned to be a prodigy, as he has the best of his mother Noor, who is one of the best huntresses of Ranthambore National Park and his father Ustad (T-24), who is reckoned to top the ferocity chart in the jungle. With rare genes like these, Sultan is very likely to become the face of the national park in the coming years. Sultan could be spotted in Zone 1 in Ranthambore National Park; however reports are that he has been signalled by his father Ustad to find himself a new territory now, as Zone 1 is the territory of his father T-24 Ustad. Sultan at the moment is about 22 months old and he has already approached a herd of Nilgai, without them noticing him; he also once chased a Sher Bagh (Jeep) which was on a safari trip posing great threat to the visitors. Sultan is the next big thing that one should look forward to in Ranthambore National Park.

Here is break down of Tigers in each zone

ZonesTerritory Of Tiger's In Each ZoneZone 1Sultan ( T-72 ), Noor (T-39), Ustad (T-24)Zone 2Krishna (T-19), Gayatri (T-22), Ustad (T-24), Noon (T-39), Sultan (T-72), Jhumru (T-20)Zone 3Star Male (T-28), Krishna (T-19), Three Cubs of Krishna (T-19)Zone 4Machli (T-16) ,Bhola/Dollar Male (T-25), Krisha (T-19) with Three Cubs,Star Male (T-28), Romeo (T-6), Mr. Bond (T-47)Zone 5Romeo (T-6), Two Cubs of Sunehari (T-17), Bhola/Dollar Male (T-25), Bhadur (T-3),Zone 6Ustad (T-24), Kumbha (T-34), Sultan (T-72), Noor (T-39)Zone 7Ladli (T-8) With One Cub, Kumbha (T-34)Zone 8 Ladli (T-8) With One Cub, Kumbha (T-34)Zone 9Fateh (T-42)Zone 10 Zone 10- T-42(Fateh, Male Tiger), T-13(Old Sultanpur Female) & her three 6 months old Cubs - See more at: http://www.ranthamborenationalpark.com/ranthambore-tiger-territory.html#sthash.lfKQFgk3.dpufZones[b][i]

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-15-2014

Couple more of T72

07/09/2014

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 09-16-2014

(09-02-2014, 09:57 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: One more of Tyson of Tadoba

this is the famous Katezari male/Amitabh and now Tyson, I still don't get how a tiger gets away with two to three different names. It doesn't make any sense to me. For example, lately they have been calling Saturn "Namdev" - Gabbar has two aliases as well (Leopard face) and Wagdoh male is also called (Scarface). 

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 02:17 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 09:57 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: One more of Tyson of Tadoba

this is the famous Katezari male/Amitabh and now Tyson, I still don't get how a tiger gets away with two to three different names. It doesn't make any sense to me. For example, lately they have been calling Saturn "Namdev" - Gabbar has two aliases as well (Leopard face) and Wagdoh male is also called (Scarface). 

Vijay said the same thing about Tadoba Gaurds, apparently they are notorious for it.
A little continuity would really help with ID and big cat #'s.
Tadoba should stop using Names and use numbers more, I know they have numbers, isn't waghdoh M8 or something?

Thanks for the clarification Copters.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 09-16-2014

I don't blame Vijay Rajan, this causes so much confusion for people that are trying to learn and you're right Pckts. Wagdoh's scientific name is M8. as far as i remember, both the tourism zone tigresses (Pandherpauni female and Choti Tara) also have scientific names P1 (Choti Tara) and P2 (Pandherpauni tigress). I am sure others probably have these too but we would have to look Tigernation for this. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-16-2014

I know that I will now use the Tigers Name and # always, if possible. It may not be much but hopefully it catches on more and more.
Too much confusion if not. Thanks for the info Copters.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 09-30-2014

Who is this monster looking sub adult male?Saurabh ThakekarSanctuary Asia Follow · 4 hrs · Edited ·   
BHIM / BADA MALE : Eye to Eye !!

Shot at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve 2014

Enjoy in full screen mode...Enjoy nature

RE: Tiger Directory - Pantherinae - 10-01-2014

Thanks for sharing @Pckts 

that male Looks huge already and what a stunnig looking tiger! Would love to know more about him, hope this male will become easy to followed over The years. 

Again what a tiger!!!

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-20-2014

Anjan LalTadoba Wild Images 3 hrs ·   
Tiger "Gabbar" or Leopard Face before being radio-collared
Photographed on 16th October 2014 @ C97 Area
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, India

Apparently Gabbar has been collared, I wonder if he was weighed since he is quoted as being a large boy who is only getting bigger and bigger.

RE: Tiger Directory - Pckts - 10-28-2014

Soumyajit NandySanctuary Asia1 hr ·At only 3 years, T72 has already become a hefty male. We saw him resting in a nullah in Zone 1, just 5 minutes after entering the park. After a meal of a buffalo which he had killed earlier, this guy looked so stuffed that he could hardly move. After spending some time with us, he moved towards the main road, crossed and went inside Zone 4/5. Hope to see him as a dominant male of his territory in due course!— at Ranthambhore National Park.