WildFact
Tiger Directory - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Directory (/topic-tiger-directory)

RE: Tiger Directory - Pantherinae - 08-15-2014

The thing with The photo's I was going to post The pictures, when I was Asked to, but at The time i was having a discussion and as I have never been to a forum like this before i was shocked and felt insulted and I was going to quit The forum and wanted to deleate my post's that I had made, but I coulden't and Asked The forum and Sanjay to deleate them, but they woulden't, but I'm over that now and Sanjay was very Nice and told me I was welcome back so I came back, but I don't wanna post my pictures for that reason if I want them down... That's it I have seen You startes trying to make a debate by posting smiley's at my post's all The time, when i didn't discussed with You.. So again sorry if You don't belive me that's fine by me, I don't look at that as a defeat, but stop making unnessasary comment's all The time I can't see why. I haven't said that's my experience, but that's what I've been told by others and seen by reading comment's from photagrapher's who has alot of experience with him. When I saw him he was resting then he Walked over The road not along it.   So now I'm done with that discussion! 

RE: Tiger Directory - Amnon242 - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 02:07 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: The thing with The photo's I was going to post The pictures, when I was Asked to, but at The time i was having a discussion and as I have never been to a forum like this before i was shocked and felt insulted and I was going to quit The forum and wanted to deleate my post's that I had made, but I coulden't and Asked The forum and Sanjay to deleate them, but they woulden't, but I'm over that now and Sanjay was very Nice and told me I was welcome back so I came back, but I don't wanna post my pictures for that reason if I want them down... That's it I have seen You startes trying to make a debate by posting smiley's at my post's all The time, when i didn't discussed with You.. So again sorry if You don't belive me that's fine by me, I don't look at that as a defeat, but stop making unnessasary comment's all The time I can't see why. I haven't said that's my experience, but that's what I've been told by others and seen by reading comment's from photagrapher's who has alot of experience with him. When I saw him he Walked over The road not along it.   So now I'm done with that discussion! 

Pantherinae, you behave like a child...or perhaps upset girl, but thats definitely not the behaviour of adult man. When you say something, you must be able to back it by some evidence. Otherwise you can´t expect to be taken seriously. Sorry, but thats life, thats how it is :)  

RE: Tiger Directory - Pantherinae - 08-15-2014

'Amnon242 dateline='' Wrote:
'Pantherinae dateline='' Wrote: The thing with The photo's I was going to post The pictures, when I was Asked to, but at The time i was having a discussion and as I have never been to a forum like this before i was shocked and felt insulted and I was going to quit The forum and wanted to deleate my post's that I had made, but I coulden't and Asked The forum and Sanjay to deleate them, but they woulden't, but I'm over that now and Sanjay was very Nice and told me I was welcome back so I came back, but I don't wanna post my pictures for that reason if I want them down... That's it I have seen You startes trying to make a debate by posting smiley's at my post's all The time, when i didn't discussed with You.. So again sorry if You don't belive me that's fine by me, I don't look at that as a defeat, but stop making unnessasary comment's all The time I can't see why. I haven't said that's my experience, but that's what I've been told by others and seen by reading comment's from photagrapher's who has alot of experience with him. When I saw him he Walked over The road not along it.   So now I'm done with that discussion! 

Pantherinae, you behave like a child...or perhaps upset girl, but thats definitely not the behaviour of adult man. When you say something, you must be able to back it by some evidence. Otherwise you can´t expect to be taken seriously. Sorry, but thats life, thats how it is :)  

I Understand that, but still if that's what it takes just forget I have said anything.. Maybe I'll post some pictures later this week, their bad pictures anyway no one what's to save them anyway.

(08-15-2014, 02:22 PM)Pantherinae Wrote:
'Amnon242 dateline='' Wrote:
'Pantherinae dateline='' Wrote: The thing with The photo's I was going to post The pictures, when I was Asked to, but at The time i was having a discussion and as I have never been to a forum like this before i was shocked and felt insulted and I was going to quit The forum and wanted to deleate my post's that I had made, but I coulden't and Asked The forum and Sanjay to deleate them, but they woulden't, but I'm over that now and Sanjay was very Nice and told me I was welcome back so I came back, but I don't wanna post my pictures for that reason if I want them down... That's it I have seen You startes trying to make a debate by posting smiley's at my post's all The time, when i didn't discussed with You.. So again sorry if You don't belive me that's fine by me, I don't look at that as a defeat, but stop making unnessasary comment's all The time I can't see why. I haven't said that's my experience, but that's what I've been told by others and seen by reading comment's from photagrapher's who has alot of experience with him. When I saw him he Walked over The road not along it.   So now I'm done with that discussion! 

I Understand that, but still if that's what it takes just forget I have said anything.. Maybe I'll post some pictures later this week 

Thank You in advance, Im looking forward to seeing your photos.

Do you have a photo of Bamera?

RE: Tiger Directory - sanjay - 08-15-2014

Amnon: Every one here is free to decide if he want to post his private pictures, data or information, don't need to taunt on it. If phantherinae don't want to post his pictures, we can not force him.

Pantherinae: You are free to take decision if you want to post it or not. No pressure from any one here. But any statement or claim made by you must be backed with proofs like pictures or references. So either don't make statements that you can not back by proofs OR simply dare to post it.

This is just advice and also part of forum rules.

(08-15-2014, 03:05 PM)sanjay Wrote: Amnon: Every one here is free to decide if he want to post his private pictures, data or information, don't need to taunt on it. If phantherinae don't want to post his pictures, we can not force him.

Pantherinae: You are free to take decision if you want to post it or not. No pressure from any one here. But any statement or claim made by you must be backed with proofs like pictures or references. So either don't make statements that you can not back by proofs OR simply dare to post it.

This is just advice and also part of forum rules.

"If phantherinae don't want to post his pictures, we can not force him." Yes, but in such a case, he (or anyone) can´t expect to be taken seriously (he can´t expect naivety from others). This is nothing personal against him, but we are on the internet and he must admit (and I think he does) that my (our) request is completely legitimate.

Basically my opinion is in accordance with your post and it seems that Pantherinae acknowledged it as well.

RE: Tiger Directory - Roflcopters - 08-15-2014

I am in agreement here with Amnon242 and Pantherinae is just a little needle in a haystack and not to be taken seriously, part of the reason why no one bothers with him is because they can read through his lies and ludicrous claims. I say move on and do your own thing and not worry about little shrimps. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:If phantherinae don't want to post his pictures, we can not force him

For the most part, it's entirely up to the person but when you claim to have seen all these tigers up-close and can't even produce a single picture, don't expect people to take you serious.

P.S I'm in agreement with Vijay and Pckts.

RE: Tiger Directory - Apollo - 08-16-2014

Name               : Shettikere Male
Location           : Bandipur National Park
Year of Birth    : Unknown
Ancestry          : Son of Agasthya and Brother of Ram and Raja
Status              : Unknown
Sex                   : Male
Species             : panthera tigris tigris 

This is a very rarely photographed tiger. He is the son of Agasthya and brother of Raja and Ram. Once when Raja took over his father's territory he moved off out of the tourism zone. His current status is unknown.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - Vijay Rajan - 08-22-2014

Quote:
Quote: 

I was thinking of Ustaad.He is the ruler of Ranthbhore atm. Thanks.

Yes Pckts is absolutely right when he says that T-24 (Ustad) is the most dominant male of Ranthambhore. While the previous ruler T-28 (Star Male) has shrunk his territory these days to accommodate his sons from last litter T64 & T-65, T-24 owns the largest territory now extending from 80% of zone-2 to entire zone-1 to 50% of zone-6. It's amazing to note that he iisn't averse to sharing his territory with his son Sultan (T-72). As of now, T-24 doesn't have a contender to the throne.

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 08-22-2014

So fathers are voluntarily sharing territory for their sons? That's extremely interesting behavior. I've heard of one other dynasty like this that occured before the famour tiger Charger if I remember correctly. The social structure of the tiger seems to get even more complex as we learn more.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: 
T-23 is a big male tiger, and an experienced one aswell, for T-57 to get his territory at such a young age will be difficult... I don`t know who was the previous ruler of the territory before T-23 unfourtunatly... No I don`t think T-23 should have had anything to say against Fateh (T-42), Ustaad (T-24) or Jhumroo (T-20), but he is still a big tiger! Yeah T-57 looks to have a massive head, he`s going to be a big boy some day! I too is looking forward to the Monsoon season ahead! Going to be great to follow T-57`s progress :)

Actually T23 is the son of Jhumroo (T20). He rules the Indala village area, which is outside the tourism zone, thats the reason we dont see him much like his brothers T24 and T25.
T23 is the dominant of the three brothers, he dominated T24 and T25.

Hey @Apollo 
 Thanks for the Info, I didn`t know he was T-24, and T-25 brother! It would be fun to see who were most dominant of T-23 and T-24 now, Is no guarantee that T-23 would be the most dominant now, B2 was the less dominant within his familiy when he was a youngster, but grew up and became the most dominant, even dethroning B1 from his territory!

As per official patrolling / sighting records, T-23 was last seen by forest guards of the Lahpur guardpost on 27th of June 2013 near Indala dang. Just as the Indala Female T-31 disappeared without a trace, looks like T-23 is gone too. Needless to say, poaching remains highly prevalent in the Indala plateau. The disappearance of T-23 from the Guda, Gandhra-deh, Lahpur Tiraha areas has presented an opportunity to the young T-57 to capture the territory.

It is also imperative to mention that the young T-57 (who either charges at vehicles or scampers away into the undergrowth more often than not), is often mistaken for T-23 these days not only by tourists visiting Zone-2 but also by the drivers & guides whose ID skills are nothing to write home about.

RE: Tiger Directory - GuateGojira - 08-22-2014

In fact, tigers have a very complex social behavior. In Nepal and Russia, tigresses share parts of they territory to her daughters and in some special times, they even share kills with them, they grandsons and even the father of all. These are the sources of the groups of 7 to 12 tigers in old literature, they are ALL related in those groups, Valmik Thapar prove it, and Kailash Shankala is completely wrong! (those who remember that old case, will know why I am saying this now).

Now, about male behavior, the few data that we have showed that male tigers send off they sons at some age, which is the case of Nepal, but it seems that Ranthambore tigers have a strong parental behavior, showing that they males are excellent fathers, even better than some male lions!

It is like Valmik Thapar said, we don't know much about tigers, we only have small glimpses of they lives. The evidence of mothers sharing parts of they territory with they adult female cubs is quantitative and is already a scientific fact, but the evidence about the fathers is still qualitative and needs to be studied deeper as we only have a few glimpses and there is a lot of inference still on this.

If someone thinks that we already know what is a tiger, it is completely wrong. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Since there is only one collated image of T-12 of Ranthambhore on this forum, I thought I should another one of him, shot from a distance of around 20 feet. This one is from Sariska (ST-4) where he seems to have settled down nicely with ST-2 female, who has littered recently.

I was on my way back to the resort (adjoining the Reserve) one late night, after dinner with a couple of FD officials when I bumped right into him. He was seated on the pathway leading to the resort. Although he did snarl at us & also mock-charged our vehicle initially, he relaxed later on for a good 15-20 minutes prior to strolling back into the jungle. Look forward to catching up with this impressive fella in the forthcoming season !

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Directory - tigerluver - 08-22-2014

Stunning shot Vijay! Wonderful news on the litter.

Many, many years ago, I read somewhere of a theory that stated cats may have been much more social when their numbers and their prey item numbers were greater. The prey item aspect of this theory is akin to orangutan evolution (orangutans chose to live solo due to the limit resources of their respective islands). I wonder what occurs in Kaziranga, it seems to have high density both ways.

(08-22-2014, 10:22 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: So fathers are voluntarily sharing territory for their sons? That's extremely interesting behavior. I've heard of one other dynasty like this that occured before the famour tiger Charger if I remember correctly. The social structure of the tiger seems to get even more complex as we learn more.

Indeed tigerluver, it's as complex as it gets. Barring a few exceptions in the past, RTR has never witnessed a territorial fight between a father & a son. As of now, T-28 has shrunk his territory which now belong to his sons T-64 & T-65, T-24 shares territory with his fully grown son Sultan (T-72) & Dollar Male (T-25) has always been accommodating to T-17's offsprings T-73, T-74, T-75, perhaps under the assumption that he sired them !