WildFact
Nature Preferences on Television ~ - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Wildlife Pictures and Videos Gallery (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wildlife-pictures-and-videos-gallery)
+--- Thread: Nature Preferences on Television ~ (/topic-nature-preferences-on-television)

Nature Preferences on Television ~ - brotherbear - 12-31-2015

What do you enjoy? My favorite nature channel is "Nat Geo Wild." My favorite program on that channel is "Built for the Kill." My favorite documentary thus far is "Land of 10,000 Grizzlies." 

RE: Nature on Television ~ - Polar - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 08:27 PM)brotherbear Wrote: What do you enjoy? My favorite nature channel is "Nat Geo Wild." My favorite program on that channel is "Built for the Kill." My favorite documentary thus far is "Land of 10,000 Grizzlies." 

I don't really have a favorite nature channel, but my favorite natural series will always be "Planet Earth," especially the episode titled "Ice Worlds" with the polar bear and such. Arctic life just fascinates me so much since it's relatively unknown to anyone but the natives, and yet the natives still don't possess such a clear cut way of relating life in the Arctic. 

PS - I'm also starting a thread on this forum called "Polar Bear" under the Omnivores and Other Carnivores section. 

RE: Nature on Television ~ - Pckts - 01-01-2016

Planet earth and cosmos are my two all time favorite documentaries. 
Nat geo and smithsonian channel are probable two of my favorite.

We actually already have a "polar bear" thread.

RE: Nature on Television ~ - Polar - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 01:10 AM)Pckts Wrote: Planet earth and cosmos are my two all time favorite documentaries. 
Nat geo and smithsonian channel are probable two of my favorite.

We actually already have a "polar bear" thread.

Oh, I see. Thanks!

RE: Nature on Television ~ - brotherbear - 06-09-2016

Thumbs up for Smithsonian channel's 'World's Biggest Beasts' which can be found on tv now.   Happy

RE: Nature on Television ~ - Polar - 01-08-2017

Anybody watched (watches) "Indochina's Wild Heart"? I finished the series on Netflix and stayed up last night watching it.

Loved it.

Your favourite wildlife channels? - Vodmeister - 12-16-2017

I've recently grown very fond of Love Nature, it's a Canadian channel that features many great wildlife documentaries.

I don't have BBC Earth which is disappointing, it's the one channel I wish I could watch.

Animal Planet used to be good but has gone downhill in recent times.

What are your favourite wildlife channels?

RE: Your favourite wildlife channels? - Rishi - 12-16-2017

*This image is copyright of its original author

Here in India, BBC has joined up with Sony. This is a new channel, started in the middle of this year. 
It's way better than Discovery, Nat. Geo, Animal Planet.

Also it doesn't do the irritating Hindi dubbing.
Hindi mother tongue of only 30% of Indians, my English is better than my Hindi...

Plus, i want to hear David Attenborough narrate, not some genetic dubbing guy with a squeaking voice!

RE: Your favourite wildlife channels? - Pckts - 12-16-2017

I don’t have a favorite channel so much as documentaries, this week has been big Cat week here in the states, mostly older footage but the New savage kingdom 4 part doc. has been really good. It has unnecessary drama narrated but the footage is still top notch.