WildFact
Who are they? - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Who are they? (/topic-who-are-they)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Who are they? - Tr1x24 - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 02:53 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: As far I remember,This is the first time that I posted something about this unknown male. In fact I find this while I was trying to post something in Coalitions of Kruger National Park thread

Idk who, but i remember that somebody was posting about some male that was similar to Othawa boys..

RE: Who are they? - BA0701 - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 02:40 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:22 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: between July 2019 and Dec 2019  but definitely 2019

I think there was already discussion here about this male (or it was another one?) , if he is one of the Othawas, if im not mistaken.. 

In my opinion its unlikely its him, 1st whisker line dont match and theres a lot of males with 1 dot over whisker lines.. Yea whisker spots can deform a bit over years and with cuts, but this whisker is not even close and i dont see any scars around that area.. 

Cut on the nose is the same, but that could be just coinciedence.. 

Shame we dont have photo of the left side whisker spots..

I'm not so sure. If you look closely at that line of whiskers that are different, there seems to be something going on there, perhaps some sort of scar. Not to mention that given the three matches @"TinoArmando" pointed out, you can certainly say that one like scar is a coincidence, but 3?

RE: Who are they? - Gijima - 11-16-2020

@"TinoArmando" using this method I’m not sure the spots match:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Pic 1: the identification spot (top spot) is above spot #3 
Pic 2: the identification spot is above spot #4 

Pic 1: the top whisker line extends way past the second one below it, but not in the second pic. 

Hope that makes sense. I could be wrong but those two things look very different to me

RE: Who are they? - BA0701 - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 07:28 AM)Gijima Wrote: @"TinoArmando" using this method I’m not sure the spots match:

Pic 1: the identification spot (top spot) is above spot #3 
Pic 2: the identification spot is above spot #4 

Pic 1: the top whisker line extends way past the second one below it, but not in the second pic. 

Hope that makes sense. I could be wrong but those two things look very different to me

This is very helpful, thank you @Gijima ! Based on this, I do believe you are correct, it does not appear the same lion. My only question to that is, is it possible that those whisker spots could change over 9-10 years? Not an argument, but a valid question that I simply do not honestly know the answer to.

RE: Who are they? - Gijima - 11-16-2020

I believe whisker spot patterns should be like a fingerprint, unique to each individual and stays the same from  cub to adult. The second picture is a bit blurry so open to seeing if others notice the same pattern I saw.

RE: Who are they? - T I N O - 11-16-2020

Exactly I agree 100% with you Gijima... The whiskers pattern should be the unique for each-individual. However I also read that the whiskers could look different depending the position of the individual. An example. If the individual is yawning the whiskers could look so different. Anyway here the photos are very well to check their whiskers. The line look different at a certain point.

RE: Who are they? - Tr1x24 - 11-29-2020

Are this Mpondos?

RE: Who are they? - T I N O - 11-29-2020

(11-29-2020, 01:17 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Are this Mpondos?

Those are the old Jock males, An old sightings from around 3 to 4 years ago... Really big and beautiful males!

RE: Who are they? - titose - 11-29-2020

(11-29-2020, 01:25 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Those are the old Jock males, An old sightings from around 3 to 4 years ago... Really big and beautiful males!
This video is from 2018, the Jock males at that time were already 3 or 4 here are 5 males

(11-29-2020, 06:53 AM)titose Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 01:25 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

This video is from 2018, the Jock males at that time were already 3 or 4 here are 5 males

In fact, The video was posted in 2017, but It's an old sightings from the years mentioned above.
Regards

RE: Who are they? - BigLion39 - 11-29-2020

They were ganging up on each other in that video?

(11-29-2020, 02:51 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: They were ganging up on each other in that video?

Some disagreements within the coalition

RE: Who are they? - Tr1x24 - 11-30-2020

Is this ex Hamiltons pride male or maybe Skybed sons?? Talamati Camp, near Manyeleti :

Photo Credits : mariana_kruger99

RE: Who are they? - T I N O - 11-30-2020

(11-30-2020, 09:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Is this ex Hamiltons pride male or maybe Skybed sons?? Talamati Camp, near Manyeleti :

Photo Credits : mariana_kruger99

I think they're very old to be sons of the Mluwati males,As well, they doesn't look like as the ex Hamilton pride males. If I not mistaken. We're witness to some of the Skybed sons. Great news,To be honest, Due that we just have been seen two Skybed sons a couple of months ago. These two seems to be very similar to their fathers. Thank you very much for sharing!!

RE: Who are they? - Tr1x24 - 11-30-2020

(11-30-2020, 09:55 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I think they're very old to be sons of the Mluwati males,As well, they doesn't look like as the ex Hamilton pride males. If I not mistaken. We're witness to some of the Skybed sons. Great news,To be honest, Due that we just have been seen two Skybed sons a couple of months ago. These two seems to be very similar to their fathers. Thank you very much for sharing!!

Yea i too think those are Skybed sons.. When the last Skybed was seen in South Manyeleti last year i think, they said he was with pride and his 2 sons, i think this are them..

This 2 where with pride, but no sign of Skybed male otherwise he would be photographed i assume..