WildFact
Skulls, Skeletons, Canines & Claws - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+--- Thread: Skulls, Skeletons, Canines & Claws (/topic-skulls-skeletons-canines-claws)

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - Betty - 01-26-2018

Tiger

*This image is copyright of its original author

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger and Lion

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - Betty - 01-27-2018

African lion

Sumatran Tiger

@GrizzlyClaws

@peter

There are many Claws and canine images on my hands (about lions and tigers and other cats). However, I do not understand the specific source, they could've been farm animals that were probably tortured, Should these images continue to be announcement ?

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - peter - 01-27-2018

(01-27-2018, 01:24 PM)Betty Wrote: @GrizzlyClaws

@peter

There are many Claws and canine images on my hands (about lions and tigers and other cats). However, I do not understand the specific source, they could've been farm animals that were probably tortured, Should these images continue to be announcement ?

BETTY

1 - On the effect of posting disturbing videos and photographs  

There was an exchange between Stoja and yours truly about disturbing videos in the thread 'A Gallery Of Captivity' recently. Stoja thought we shouldn't post them. Our take is they should be posted in order to initiate debates. We hope that some of them will result in action in the end. 

In order to keep the other threads 'clean', we created the thread 'Wilful Destruction'. After going over the thread, Stoja exploded. I understand, as it is a gruesome overview of actions you don't want to know about.

You recently posted pictures of tiger skins in the thread 'On The Edge Of Extinction - The Tiger'. The barrage of pictures with skins of dead tigers resulted in quite a bit of turmoil. Our readers know about destruction, but most of them don't want to be confronted with depressing pictures and stories. Not on a daily basis. I also think they're not interested in a debate about poaching and the trade in bones of what used to be wild tigers.

I understand, as it's quite depressing. Only few of us are able to deal with the results of the expeditions of the Dr. Mengeles of this world. Our readers want to be informed about the beauty of the natural world, not the results of actions of those who don't care. This forum is about hope in the end. All in all, one could say that Stoja has a point. I'll talk to Sanjay and the others. 

2 - Posting information about tiger skins and tiger bones  

You can post good information in the tiger extinction thread every now and then, but better refrain from pictures of dead tigers, skins and bones for the reasons mentioned above. This thread ('Big Cat's Canines and Claws') has a different character. Grizzly, a mod, started it. Talk to him.

3 - How to deal with disturbing information 

In many parts of the world, habitat destruction is a big problem. Same for poaching and trafficking. Remember that a lot of money is involved. My guess is that some of those involved know about this forum, as it has good information about wild big cats.

What I'm saying is this: the ultimate goal of posting pictures of products of poached animals (and debates about it) is to expose those involved and finish it. As we're not talking about amateurs, exposing can have consequences of some kind.

When you're really determined, first start a database with skins, bones, locations, sources, links and details. Try to find people who can help in some way. Professionals. Check 'm before you contact them. Keep a low profile and inform those you trust every now and then (pm). If you have good information, post it in threads read by many and refrain from overkill.

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - GrizzlyClaws - 01-27-2018

Those big cat farms in China and Vietnam will be banned sooner or later.

The purpose of this thread is certainly not encouraging people to possess any body part of the big cat, but to bring the intuition to people about the anatomical part of the big cat such as the canine teeth and claws.