WildFact
Skulls, Skeletons, Canines & Claws - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+--- Thread: Skulls, Skeletons, Canines & Claws (/topic-skulls-skeletons-canines-claws)

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - Betty - 12-28-2017

Lower teeth

*This image is copyright of its original author

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger

Tiger claw

Some traffickers use polished camel teeth as big cat teeth, but the difference can be seen by careful distinguish.

Measuring camel teeth

Two camels teeth weight 107.5 g

Lion

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - GrizzlyClaws - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 11:46 AM)Betty Wrote: Some traffickers use polished camel teeth as big cat teeth, but the difference can be seen by careful discrimination.

Measuring camel teeth

Two camels teeth weight 107.5 g

The camel teeth are also quite dense and heavy, just as much as the big cat ones.

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - Garfield - 12-29-2017

Hey bros whatup, yeah was talkin to a dude on here, an he talked to a zoologist an they said lions gut the thicker teeth tiger longer.  So I mean like that pics an all but ya need some experts to do the real assessin.  Cuz otherwise were all just speculating pics, right?

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - GrizzlyClaws - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 03:46 AM)Garfield Wrote: Hey bros whatup, yeah was talkin to a dude on here, an he talked to a zoologist an they said lions gut the thicker teeth tiger longer.  So I mean like that pics an all but ya need some experts to do the real assessin.  Cuz otherwise were all just speculating pics, right?

Many zoologists are not interested to make a difference between the morphological difference of the big cat teeth.

Here is a perfect example, since they can also be mistaken by the counterfeit product.

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - Pckts - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 03:46 AM)Garfield Wrote: Hey bros whatup, yeah was talkin to a dude on here, an he talked to a zoologist an they said lions gut the thicker teeth tiger longer.  So I mean like that pics an all but ya need some experts to do the real assessin.  Cuz otherwise were all just speculating pics, right?

You have measurements and weights, what’s to speculate?

RE: Big Cat's Canines and Claws - Garfield - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 04:14 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:

Many zoologists are not interested to make a difference between the morphological difference of the big cat teeth.

Here is a perfect example, since they can also be mistaken by the counterfeit product.

I dont no bro, I just have this, but its legit zoologist guy from what I heard where they got it from. 

Zoologist quote

"We became aware of lions teeth being approx 1.5 cm shorter but 1cm thicker at base, while performing health studies on possible inbreeding effects due to small number density in tigers and lions.
During this 5 year period of research back in 91, we fortunately detected little in the way of inbred genetics which has so destroyed the captive white tiger.
So, we obviously paid great attention to teeth and rear leg development during our research.
The teeth of lions are broader across the 40 samplings in comparison with the longer teeth of the tiger across 17 samplings of adults."

So I mean thats legit guys, he would know more than us, Ill bet dollars to doughnuts thats correct info.