WildFact
Leopards of Sabi Sands - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Leopard (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-leopard)
+----- Thread: Leopards of Sabi Sands (/topic-leopards-of-sabi-sands)

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 04-25-2021

The Ngoboswan male and the Tslebe Rocks Female 
Photo by Shaheen Patel

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Duco Ndona - 04-25-2021

When your relationship is described in just one photo.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - RookiePundit - 04-26-2021

Tavangumi male made a debut on Wild Earth and actually spotted on Djuma. Very relaxed, potentially might fill in gaps left after Hukumuri's demise, if he stays there, he has potential to be featured a lot on live virtual safaris and provide clearer picture about leopard dynamics in north Sabi Sands. Tristran is talking about other males and who is presuring/neighbouring who in one of the segments. On Sunset drive it was mentioned Tavangumi moved more westwards beyond WE signal (and that drive actually had rare Molwati sighting).

WE and Tristan especially had amazing week of leopard sighting including Nsele, Tlalamba, Thandi, Kuchava, Xidulu, Cara females and Tingana, Maribye, Tavangumi and Molwati males (should be chronological if someone wants to find specific sightings) so most of the leopards on or surrounding  Djuma itself. Tlallamaba sighting included different method of kill protection and confirmation of current den location (no cub visual, area will be closed off for sightings, due to age of the cub and Tlalamba being first time mother; sex undetrmined, from the little footage they have from before, they are inclined to guess it is a female cub), Thandi and Maribye were seen multiple times, the last one with Maribye includes kill hoisting.

Worth mentioning Sibuye allegedly moved southwards towards Mala Mala rather than being on Djuma borders, time will tell how she will makes room for her youngest daughter. Still no official name for Kuchava's male "cub" but they are urging the matter.

Tavangumi in multiple segments of the second helf of the video (first at 1:55 ish timestamps in comments under the video)

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - lionuk - 05-09-2021

Finfoot female. What a beauty she is! 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - lionuk - 05-09-2021

Young leopard Tavangumi and a hynea called Swazi

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - RookiePundit - 05-10-2021

For those trying to keep up with male territories, at 3:15:00 Tristan is going through what the situation was on Djuma, Trochwood, Buffelshoek some time ago and what it is now and how it could evolve - with a map in hand. Good source as any.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 05-13-2021

Hlambela, a nomadic male from the Western Sector. Son of the Ravenscourt Male and Boulders female
Photo by bushbaby_sam 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 05-15-2021

Kuchavas son (known unofficially as Batman) has been given the name Tsemba!

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 05-26-2021

Blog from MalaMala on leopard dynamics in the area 

https://www.malamala.com/blog/leopard-update

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 05-27-2021

Maribye Male by Nkorho Bush Lodge 

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Luipaard - 06-01-2021

The Duke of Djuma, Tingana

David Wiggil

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 06-06-2021

Pretty unfortunate footage, Nyeleti male kills the Khokhovela females cub which might have been his own since he mated with her...

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Luipaard - 06-07-2021

(06-06-2021, 10:18 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Pretty unfortunate footage, Nyeleti male kills the Khokhovela females cub which might have been his own since he mated with her...

Yeah I posted the same video but in another thread (Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts). How sure are you that Nyeleti was the father? I've spoken with numerous people and they all suspect Ravenscourt to be the father. You know females mate with males when they have cubs to deceive them.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tonpa - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 12:01 AM)Luipaard Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 10:18 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Pretty unfortunate footage, Nyeleti male kills the Khokhovela females cub which might have been his own since he mated with her...

Yeah I posted the same video but in another thread (Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts). How sure are you that Nyeleti was the father? I've spoken with numerous people and they all suspect Ravenscourt to be the father. You know females mate with males when they have cubs to deceive them.

Not sure at all lol, I got the information from sean_de_la_harpe who posted about the incident and mentioned in the comments that khokholeva had mated with both both ravenscourt and nyeleti and could've potentially killed his own cub

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Luipaard - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 12:13 AM)Tonpa Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 12:01 AM)Luipaard Wrote:

Not sure at all lol, I got the information from sean_de_la_harpe who posted about the incident and mentioned in the comments that khokholeva had mated with both both ravenscourt and nyeleti and could've potentially killed his own cub

Oh okay. I've seen too many videos of males hanging out with their offspring so I wonder what the odds are of killing your offspring even by accident. My guess is Ravenscourt was the father. Those two are arch-enemies as Nyeleti killed Ravenscourt's mother after she defended him from Nyeleti when he was just a cub.