WildFact
Leopards of Sabi Sands - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Leopard (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-leopard)
+----- Thread: Leopards of Sabi Sands (/topic-leopards-of-sabi-sands)

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Spalea - 05-30-2020

Marlon du Toit: " I think this might be the first time that I share this image here on Instagram. I took this in February of 2013, & it’s of 2 very special leopards.

The one standing is mom, the Ravenscourt Female, as she was known. It’s the leopard I’ve spent most time with during my @singita_ guiding days. She was special, almost unique.
Her son (and also last cub) is seen next to her. He’s still around & known as the Ravenscourt Male, occupying the western sections of the #sabisands.
I was out on my own on a cool summers morning. It rained ever so gently & the light was real rich, pretty light. I spent the whole morning with the 2 of them. Instead of staying in camp when I had no guests, I’d always go out on drive. My tracker did not like that much because I’d bring back a dusty or muddy car for him to clean, haha, but I sure did enjoy it.
I cherish these memories and I am so happy photography was a big part of my life back then.
The Sabi Sands is a great safari experience, one of the very best! Send me a DM if you’d love details of how to join me there in May 2021. "

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Timbavati - 05-31-2020

Tingana!

*This image is copyright of its original author

A stunning portrait of the Gijima Male Leopard and her trophy "Impala" on the menu for a nice meal.

Ravenscourt surely knows how to strike a pose. It is always a pleasure finding him on the move through his vast territory.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Spalea - 06-01-2020

" High up in a tree "

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Timbavati - 06-01-2020

Female Leopard Thandi surveying her land after munching on an Impala

Time to shake of those cobwebs 
Tigana - July 2019
Credit: Zali_Photo

Sibuye scans the area for a potential meal.
Sabi Sand
Credit:  M. Rammal

The Ravenscourt male leopard walking along the sand river. With more young male leopards pushing into his territory, he's got alot of work ahead of him to keep them out and his developing cubs safe.

Sabi Sand, Inyati Game Lodge
Credit: Gabriel Keet

Sibuye hides behind the bushes on top of a termite mound searching for prey.
Sabi Sand,South Africa.
Credit: M Rammal.

Thandi Female Leopard in WildearthTV.
Credit: WildearthTV.

Three of the dominant females on the property currently have cubs and have been bringing them out of their dens to feed. Schotia and her two male cubs are seen regularly – and often on our live Virtual Game Drives on Facebook and Instagram – as well as the Hukumuri and Mobeni females with three cubs between them.⁠

Photo: Singita Field Guide Gareth Poole⁠

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Timbavati - 06-02-2020

Portrait Of The Female Leopard Maxabene (Image from almost fifteen years ago, September 2005, Londolozi, South Africa) "
Credit: Bruce Finocchio
Sabi Sand, September 2005

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Timbavati - 06-02-2020

Nchila Male Leopard 
Credit: Matt Walsh Photography
Sabi Sand,  June 2020

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Timbavati - 06-03-2020

One of the good things about lockdown is the time that I’ve had to refurbish some oldies. This leopard/warthog interaction goes back to the days when I was working at MalaMala Game Reserve in the 90s. It took this young male ages to kill the warthog and it was stolen by a pride of lions almost immediately that he had killed the warthog. The squealing from the warthog could be heard from a long way off so it was inevitable that lions and hyenas would be attracted to the area.

Credit and Caption to: Gerald Hinde.
Sabi Sands,Posted: May 2020