WildFact
Leopards of Sabi Sands - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Leopard (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-leopard)
+----- Thread: Leopards of Sabi Sands (/topic-leopards-of-sabi-sands)

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-07-2017

From Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve:
"Maxabeni and the Tatowa female were found mating last night, and by the frequency of their bouts, it is still in the early stages."

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tshokwane - 01-09-2017

Credits to Idube Game Reserve.

Dewane male.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-10-2017

"Last night White Dam's cub was spotted in a dead Jackalberry tree, looking very comfortable and full. Later on, he had a little altercation with a few hyenas before promptly making a dash 
for it and disappearing into the darkness."

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-12-2017

From Nkorho Bush Lodge, credits to Nkorho Rangers:
10 January 
Afternoon drive.

- On our way back to the lodge last night, we managed to have found Tingana on the western side of the lodge moving around scent marking.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-15-2017

"The Kashane male was looking a little thin last night and sporting a few fresh wounds which seemed to be bothering him a bit."

"We found White Dam’s cub atop a termite mound last night. He was looking a little hungry so we followed him for some time and he came across an impala ram which he proceeded to stalk for about an hour but when found again this morning, it appears he was unlucky."

"Kashane was found in the southern section of the reserve after last night and again this morning after having gorged himself into an immobile state on a young kudu. His wounds seem to be bothering him slightly but he is up and about."

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - fursan syed - 01-17-2017

Rock Drift Male (Tjololo)

JANUARY 2000

(12 sightings)
The Rock Drift Male again provided some good viewing during January and has certainly consolidated his hold on the central and southern areas of Mala Mala. His behaviour indicates that he is still expanding his territory slightly, now being seen regularly west of the Kapen River and close to the Sand River. His northward movements seem to be as far as the Kapen River where it flows more east-west and he has now been encountered as far south as the Sand River where it flows east-west. This territory then includes at least three female leopards, these being the Kapen and Chellahanga Females and the female which has a territory to the north east of the Chellahanga Female. How the death of the Island Crossing Male will affect things will need to be seen, but if the Rock Drift Male does move west to incorporate the eastern bank of the Sand River on Charleston and Toulon, then this would put him squarely into the territory of the Toulon Female which has a male cub of a year or so of age. Since this cub was fathered by the Island Crossing Male and is still dependent upon the Toulon Female, he would be in danger of being killed by the Rock Drift Male. Several of the sightings of the Rock Drift Male were of him with impala kills. The energy required to regularly patrol his territory can be seen with the speed with which these kills have been consumed. Any neglect on territory maintenance would be quickly picked up by other eager male leopards and acted upon, so not only are kills consumed with speed, but also as soon as this has happened, the Rock Drift Male paces off to patrol.

Credits goes to Mala Mala

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - fursan syed - 01-17-2017

@Ngala  @Tshokwane  why i cant post more than one paragraph ?

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-18-2017

(01-17-2017, 08:06 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Ngala  @Tshokwane  why i cant post more than one paragraph ?

I don't understand what do you mean Fursan. 

Anyway, Tjololo is a true legend in the Sabi Sand. This good informations, is better insert them in Leopard Directory.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - fursan syed - 01-18-2017

@Ngala i cant post articles longer than one paragraph . I have lots of data but cant post it. Because its hang when i post longer write up than 1 paragraph

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - vinodkumarn - 01-18-2017

Had this amazing sighing of Shadow while on safari at Djuma in November 
❤️

Credits: Cindy Pienaar

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Tshokwane - 01-18-2017

(01-18-2017, 02:23 AM)fursan syed Wrote: i cant post articles longer than one paragraph . I have lots of data but cant post it.

That is odd, it shouldn't be happening. I'll try to find out what is happening.

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-19-2017

From Tintswalo Safari Lodge.
"The afternoon of the 6th, The Ntsuntsu male Leopard was found on Red road."

11 Jan.: "Ntsuntu male leopard starting to scent mark around Sable Bridge."

RE: Leopards of Sabi Sands - Ngala - 01-19-2017

"Maxabeni was seen scent marking his territory this morning after having finished his warthog kill from the day before."