WildFact
the Selati coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: the Selati coalition (/topic-the-selati-coalition)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-27-2022

Leopard Hills, April 10, 2013
"The 4 Selati brothers were found again this morning. We saw them drinking water together just before they crossed back east."
Me, myself, am not really sure who is who, but i guess that, from left to right: Male 2 (because of thinness); 3 (because of black mane and characteristic hip); 4 & 1 (because male 'far' right looks taller)

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-28-2022

Some videos of the Selati males that i found onYouTube
all from April 2013.  We can clearly see that Selati #2 is already deteriorating by that time

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-29-2022

Inyati, April 26, 2012
"Selati males are enjoing their new territory taken over from Mapogos. They are walking like the champions,and they already covered most of the Western sector of the Reserve"

(by me: those are Selati male no.1 & no.2)

"Selati male picking-up the scent of Othawa females.They been following them for quiet sometimes."

April 28, 2012
"Looking as powerful as they are"

All credits to Inyati Facebook

Apparently some pictures I posted on pages 16 and 17 are disappearing, discouraging to keep posting. Can someone explain how and why that happens?

RE: the Selati coalition - BA0701 - 09-29-2022

(09-29-2022, 06:14 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Apparently some pictures I posted on pages 16 and 17 are disappearing, discouraging to keep posting. Can someone explain how and why that happens?

How were those images imbedded, from which site were they linked? It does not appear that you used Imagur. Many sites, especially and including Instagram, have a time limit on images shared from their sites, which we have no control over. I have not seen any images disappearing from Imagur, the site we use to embed images into our posts. Here is a link that explains how to embed with Imagur.

How to upload images

(09-29-2022, 07:39 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 06:14 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Apparently some pictures I posted on pages 16 and 17 are disappearing, discouraging to keep posting. Can someone explain how and why that happens?

How were those images imbedded, from which site were they linked? It does not appear that you used Imagur. Many sites, especially and including Instagram, have a time limit on images shared from their sites, which we have no control over. I have not seen any images disappearing from Imagur, the site we use to embed images into our posts. Here is a link that explains how to embed with Imagur.

How to upload images

thank you so much, I will test it when I make another post and, besides that, I intend to put the 'lost' images back in my posts by editing them, Thank you very much again

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 10-01-2022

Leopard Hills, December 6, 2013
"One of the Selati males keeps an eye on the herd of Buffalo close by, while his brothers take a nap!"
Selati no.1 keep an eye on the herd while Selati no.3 & no.4 take a nap

"The Selati males have been mating with one of the Othawa females for the last couple of days."

Othawa female & Selati male no.3

"One of the Selati males is still mating with the Othawa female."
Selati no.3 mating with the Othawa female

The boss

RE: the Selati coalition - BA0701 - 10-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 05:13 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Leopard Hills, December 6, 2013
"One of the Selati males keeps an eye on the herd of Buffalo close by, while his brothers take a nap!"

"The Selati males have been mating with one of the Othawa females for the last couple of days."

The boss

I have been learning a lot about this coalition of late, due to your posts, so thank you for that! For instance, I was always of the impression that the 5th was killed by the Majins after the killing of Mr. T, so I am glad I now have a more clear understanding of what actually transpired with these boys. I know they unfortunately had a really short reign, are there any of their cubs still living today?

RE: the Selati coalition - Horizon - 10-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 05:27 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

The boss

I have been learning a lot about this coalition of late, due to your posts, so that you for that! For instance, I was always of the impression that the 5th was killed by the Majins after the killing of Mr. T, so I am glad I now have a more clear understanding of what actually transpired with these boys. I know they unfortunately had a really short reign, are there any of their cubs still living today?
You might be aware, their male heir disappeared into Kruger. Agreed, great post. Selatis are one of my favourite coalitions. You see 4 years old males hanging around with their natal prides. These boys went out and explored.

The boss

I have been learning a lot about this coalition of late, due to your posts, so that you for that! For instance, I was always of the impression that the 5th was killed by the Majins after the killing of Mr. T, so I am glad I now have a more clear understanding of what actually transpired with these boys. I know they unfortunately had a really short reign, are there any of their cubs still living today?
As far as i am concerned, they sired 2 Ximughve lionesses at their time in Sabi Sand. After being dethroned by the Majingilane and losing Selati 3, the 2 remaining Selati (1 & 4) kept the nomadic path for a while until they became dominants of the Talamati pride, where they potentialy sired some females and 2 males which unfortunately disappeared in kruger.
Talamati young male, near Phabeni in March 2020

talamati young male

(also, i dont know if i got it wrong, but Selati 5 was killed before the Selatis kill Mr T, he was killed in 2011)

RE: the Selati coalition - BA0701 - 10-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 08:54 AM)Ngonya Wrote:

The boss

As far as i am concerned, they sired 2 Ximughve lionesses at their time in Sabi Sand. After being dethroned by the Majingilane and losing Selati 3, the 2 remaining Selati (1 & 4) kept the nomadic path for a while until they became dominants of the Talamati pride, where they potentialy sired some females and 2 males which unfortunately disappeared in kruger.

talamati young male

(also, i dont know if i got it wrong, but Selati 5 was killed before the Selatis kill Mr T, he was killed in 2011)

No, you didn't get it wrong as far as I know, I was the one who incorrectly interpreted things. I mistakenly thought the clash with the Majins happened after the Mapogos had been dethroned. This young male is one gorgeous boy, for sure.

RE: the Selati coalition - Horizon - 10-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 08:54 AM)Ngonya Wrote: (also, i dont know if i got it wrong, but Selati 5 was killed before the Selatis kill Mr T, he was killed in 2011)
True, sir. Majingilanes downed him very early while the Selati boys were in their nomadic phases.

(08-26-2022, 05:59 PM)Ngonya Wrote: I think someone have already posted a report that spoke more specifically of that occasion, but i don't remember seeing the photo here, so I found it (on Facebook) and decided to post here.
'An amazing few days of game viewing was kicked off by the Selati males killing a buffalo cow. The males quickly brought the buffalo down, we presume they broke her neck, but the herd of about 400 buffalo turned and chased the lions off their fallen sister. Despite their best efforts the cow was unable to stand up.'
- Inyati Game Lodge, June 11, 2013

I find a video that shows this same situation, really interesting and nice to watch, the mighty Selati males.
(With this video i can identify that the males in the first picture of my post are Selati 1 and 3, who were chased by the buffalo in the video)

RE: the Selati coalition - afortich - 10-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 09:08 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

The boss

talamati young male

No, you didn't get it wrong as far as I know, I was the one who incorrectly interpreted things. I mistakenly thought the clash with the Majins happened after the Mapogos had been dethroned. This young male is one gorgeous boy, for sure.
5th Selati was killed by Mijingilane after Majingilane killed Kinki-Tail.

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 10-02-2022

(10-01-2022, 10:44 PM)afortich Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 09:08 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

The boss

talamati young male

5th Selati was killed by Mijingilane even before Majingilane killed Kinki-Tail.
thats actually not true, 5th Selati was killed in 2011 when the Majingilanes had already established themselves as dominant males, u can read more here in Selati vs Majingilane