WildFact
the Selati coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: the Selati coalition (/topic-the-selati-coalition)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 08-29-2022

4 Selati males take down a buffalo - Inyati Game Lodge, May 5, 2012
"Selati male checking out the Buff bull from a distance. They started their hunt so early in the afternoon."
(note by me: this is Selati male no.2)

*This image is copyright of its original author

"They are so well trained doing this. They manage to drop the Buffalo bull quiet early in the afternoon at 4h35pm."
(note by me: the order of the Selatis in these images, from left to right is: male 4; male 3; male 2 & male 1)

"Check out the one male at the rear end, started eating while the others are still working on killing the buffalo."

"It is almost over for him as you can see the two boys are not leting him off their mouths."

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 08-30-2022

"We spent our morning with the Selati males, while following them they went to explore Inyati Tree tops (our conference centre), try to cross the river and we also saw them hunt buffalo from the start to finish."
Selati male lions exploring Inyati Tree tops

Selati males hunting
(first pic: Selati no.1)

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-01-2022

Selati males and Othawa lionesses - Leopard Hills, November 5, 2012

"There has been frequent interaction recently between the Selati boys and the Othawa lionesses. Here is one of the lionesses showing submission to one of the males as he stands tall and proud!"

Leopard Hills, November 14, 2012
"Members of the Selati Coalition spent some time with the Othawa Lionesses, but lost interest and followed his own path. The Selatis have been moving around a lot between the Xhimungwes and Othawas, vocalising through the night."
(note by me: this is Selati male no.4)

RE: the Selati coalition - Timbavati - 09-01-2022

(09-01-2022, 06:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Selati males and Othawa lionesses - Leopard Hills, November 5, 2012

"There has been frequent interaction recently between the Selati boys and the Othawa lionesses. Here is one of the lionesses showing submission to one of the males as he stands tall and proud!"

"Members of the Selati Coalition spent some time with the Othawa Lionesses, but lost interest and followed his own path. The Selatis have been moving around a lot between the Xhimungwes and Othawas, vocalising through the night."

Great stuff. The mighty Selati males.

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-02-2022

(09-01-2022, 06:57 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 06:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Selati males and Othawa lionesses - Leopard Hills, November 5, 2012

Thank you!
Again a post on the Selati Coalition;
Selati males bring down buffalo - Leopard Hills, April 10, 2013
"The 4 Selati males teamed up and again showed us their formidable strength as they pulled down another huge buffalo bull last night.

Here are two of the males feeding in the early morning light!"

(note by me: this is Selati male no.2 and no.4)

The Selati males were very skilled buffalo hunters and it amazes me that they, unlike other coalitions, keep hunting even as pride males. Looking through Facebook and finding a bunch of reports of them hunting is really impressive, such a special lion coalition, even with their short passage in Sabi Sands and a not very long reign they are still a legendary coalition for me.

RE: the Selati coalition - Timbavati - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 06:07 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 06:57 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Thank you!
Again a post on the Selati Coalition;
Selati males bring down buffalo - Leopard Hills, April 10, 2013
"The 4 Selati males teamed up and again showed us their formidable strength as they pulled down another huge buffalo bull last night.

Here are two of the males feeding in the early morning light!"

(note by me: this is Selati male no.2 and no.4)

The Selati males were very skilled buffalo hunters and it amazes me that they, unlike other coalitions, keep hunting even as pride males. Looking through Facebook and finding a bunch of reports of them hunting is really impressive, such a special lion coalition, even with their short passage in Sabi Sands and a not very long reign they are still a legendary coalition for me.
Indeed. The Selati males were really excellent buffalo hunters. There are a lot of reports, images and videos of them hunting bunch of buffalos. It’s quite impressive due the fact, the buffalo are probably the most dangerous animal to hunt. They're known as the Black death

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-06-2022

Selati males having a wonderful momment after killing two buffalo cows - Inyati Game Lodge, March 11, 2013
(note by me: this is Selati male no.3)

Selati males takeover - Leopard Hills, March 16, 2012
"The Mapogo warriors have finally fallen!
The brave short maned male (Mr T) stood up to the 4 and put up a valiant fight as his brothers ran away.

He wasn't going to give up his prime territory and lionesses easily. Here he lies with a broken spine, the young victors catching their breath before the next onslaught!
He has probably taken his last gasp of air by now. We salute the legends we came to know as the Mapogo Coalition, it is time now though for a new era to begin!"

Selati males vs Ximhungwe - Leopard Hills, March 22, 2012
"The 4 Ximhungwe lionesses ran south through the night with their exhausted cubs! One Selati male wouldn't give up while his 3 brothers rested further north.
He didn't bargain on the collective strength and character of the lionesses...they gave him a good hiding and sent him running back north to his brothers."

A video showing all that commotion; (pls let me now if the link/video is working to y'all)

[font=Roboto, sans-serifSelati males new territory - Leopard Hills, March 24, 2012[/font]
"One of the Selati males proudly surveying his newly conquered territory this morning. Three of the males are far in the north on the Sand river while the fourth member's whereabouts is not certain after he took a beating by the Ximhungwe lionesses the other day.

The lionesses and their cubs can rest easy for now!"

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-07-2022

Selati males breakfast -  Leopard Hills, February 27, 2013

"What a start to the day! There is nothing like witnessing all 4 Selati males feeding, here they are grunting and growling while tearing chunks off their wildebeest kill in the early morning light!"
(note by me: I believe that the order from left to right is Selati no.3, no.4, no.1 & no.2

RE: the Selati coalition - Gavskrr - 09-08-2022

good explanation about the origin of selati males

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 07:30 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: good explanation about the origin of selati males

the video is not working for me, its just for me?

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-08-2022

Inyati Game Lodge, June 12, 2013
"The Selati males strolled into camp this morning"

and an additional thing that I would like to put here is a comparison with this photo of Mr T in the same place in March 2011

RE: the Selati coalition - BA0701 - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 06:31 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 07:30 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: good explanation about the origin of selati males

the video is not working for me, its just for me?

It's fixed.

RE: the Selati coalition - Ngonya - 09-09-2022

Leopard Hills, September 24, 2012
"The Selati males have killed yet another buffalo, times are good for the lions in the west!"