WildFact
the Selati coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: the Selati coalition (/topic-the-selati-coalition)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

the Selati coalition - Pantherinae - 05-26-2015

thread dedicated to the Selati coalition 

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 05-26-2015

I'm not sure lads if one of you lads made this combined pic, but I'm borrowing it to this thread. I know little about this males, but they were kings for two years in their territory, so the proper respect for them.
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 06-27-2015

The two remaining Selati males and a "friendly" meal with a crocodile...

RE: the Selati coalition - lioncrazy - 08-28-2015

@majingilane is there anymore photos or videos of this coalition they are the maleswho brought down theMR.T  and the mighty  mapogo props to them is well deserved

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 08-28-2015

@lioncrazy There are. But there is little info on them, at least I have found few pages that talk about them especifically. I have some pics saved in my pc, but since now we post them through the url, I have to go and find pic by pic.
I always try to post at least some information with each picture, that's why I did not post much about them. But there are videos and pictures, I'll try a little harder to find them and I'll post them. Thanks for the reminder, sometimes with all the activity right now with the Majingilane and the Matimba, and now the Brummies, I forget to post here.

RE: the Selati coalition - tigerluver - 08-28-2015

@Majingilane You can post pictures directly from your PC. In the quick reply tools, look at the third to the right icon, it's an "i" in a black square. Click it and file your file to upload.

RE: the Selati coalition - lioncrazy - 08-28-2015

@majingilane it's all good sir i was just wondering I like all male lion coalitions but my favorite are the majigilanes of course but the southern males are very interesting thanks for all the replies though

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 09-01-2015

A short video of the boys dated from March 11th 2013, from Savanna Lodge: "The four Selati male lions cross the Sand River which was flowing strongly at the time. They were desperate to get to the other side, to patrol that part of their territory they had not seen in some time".

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 09-13-2015

Cheetah plains: "The Selati male lions made an appearance in the north again this morning. They have spent a long time north of our traverse, but it seems that now the Matimbas have pushed further south, they are venturing back in! Photo by Craig Hamilton"

They were also seen in todays am Wildearth safari., the discussion in facebook is that this one was Selati #4. I can't really say because I was never able to recognize them.

RE: the Selati coalition - lioncrazy - 09-14-2015

Wow a Comeback maybe?

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 10-21-2015

Sighting of the Selati males in Tintswalo Lodges, and I also read that the Talamati pride has some cubs that are Selati offspring.

RE: the Selati coalition - lioncrazy - 10-22-2015

Cool I was just thinking about these males how far are the lodges from where the matimbas and majigilanes are?

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 10-26-2015

I'm not sure about that. But I don't think they are close.

Tinstswalo Safari Lodge:
15- 16 October 2015 – The Selati male Lions and the Talamati pride have cubs!
-Lions Selati males, Talamati pride (3 females) and 9 cubs with a Buffalo kill Dixie loop
The definite talking point amongst guides after the afternoon safari, was that the Selati males have cubs, for the first time since coming onto the Manyeleti. We were speculating as to why they moved away from the Main Dam area, leaving it to the Thanda Impi males. An this afternoon we had our answer! With the Talamati pride pregnant, it made sense to secure the territory around the pride. We found the pride with the 9 cubs, and the two big males with a Buffalo kill on Dixie loop. Lets hope that they can keep the youngsters safe, and see the Talamati pride grow in a post Matimba era.

RE: the Selati coalition - Tshokwane - 11-27-2015

From Tintswalo Safari Lodge:
16-18 November 2015- I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!
Bright and early the next morning, the song “i can see clearly now, the rain is gone” was my first thought, as I started up the the Land Cruiser. Our plan was to follow up on an update that we received late, the previous afternoon. The two Selati male Lions had killed a Giraffe, in the south. Southwards we travelled, together in convoy, the song still on repeat in my head! We entered the sighting, with the one male guiding the carcass, and the other lying down about 50 meters away, in a thicket. A Black-backed Jackal kept a respectful distance, anxiously with his ears alert. The vultures were less timid, and gathered impatiently, waiting for an opportunity to scavenge, but still keeping a safe distance. Unfortunately for us, there was no sign of the Talamati pride and their cubs. We stayed in the sighting for about 20 minutes, before heading north to the lodge, to ready the guests for their transfer to the airport. Another fashionable ending, to a fantastic safari!

RE: the Selati coalition - Sully - 12-05-2015

I was having a debate on which coalition is better, the Majingilanes or the selatis along with the poster majingalane, I argued for the Majingilanes but I'm interested in your guys opinions.